ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

George's TURBO 182

Countryman JCW
All it will take is a blast with something a little quicker, and im sure you will be craving a tad more power ;)

ra6udeju.jpg

More pictures to follow :D

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Christ its going to look epic :)

quick work too mate, you only asked me about tyre fitment earlier today! lol!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I fukcing love that, why no caps at the mo, get them on there ;) or is the trial shot the one black one so you need to find some paint ;)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
No worries mate! I always stock Mintex M1144 and Ferodo Racing DS2500 for these calipers, just PM me when ever you're ready and i'll get you sorted :approve:

Cup In bits
What spacers did you end up with George and any pics of the calliper mods? They look to have loads on meat on them to machine away for clearance but I was too scared to try lol.

What spacers did you end up with George and any pics of the calliper mods? They look to have loads on meat on them to machine away for clearance but I was too scared to try lol.

I am using 20mm spacers at the front which give plenty of clearance.

10mm spacers on the rear, but it's rubbing when the car is loaded up, so I need to swap down to 5mm, or 10mm with camber..

This picture shows the rear of the calliper and inside mounting holes from a distance.

gemy9ura.jpg

I need to have the wheels off again in a few days, so I can get some better ones if you need?

Cup In bits
You'll get there, it does look like it would scrub bad front and back though when its lowered a bit.

No that's fine George I misunderstood you the other day as saying you had done some machining on the outside of the caliper to clear the spokes, not the inside that's needed to fit 280mm disks.

You'll get there, it does look like it would scrub bad front and back though when its lowered a bit.

No that's fine George I misunderstood you the other day as saying you had done some machining on the outside of the caliper to clear the spokes, not the inside that's needed to fit 280mm disks.

Trial and error - I'll get there in the end :D

Ahhh ok, almost certainly my poor wording.

The outside of the callipers are as Brembo intended..

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Yeah, the et37 puts the Wheels too far out on the rear with 10mm flat spacers,I have same issue.

Considering the 10 mm camber shims, but I have some 5mm I may just slap on anyway

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I am using 20mm spacers at the front which give plenty of clearance.

10mm spacers on the rear, but it's rubbing when the car is loaded up, so I need to swap down to 5mm, or 10mm with camber..

This picture shows the rear of the calliper and inside mounting holes from a distance.

gemy9ura.jpg

I need to have the wheels off again in a few days, so I can get some better ones if you need?

197 calipers under 15" wheels???

Tell me more...:)

clio 182
Yes mate :D

The callipers have to be slightly modified to use the standard 280mm disc combined with some spacers = job done

how much needs machined off the calipers and what metal are the brackets made from? my calipers will be delivered soon so im hoping to make a start on them, thanks

Well, today was a great day for progress on the turbo.
Andyrg very kindly offered to help me fix an oil leak (a very very bad one) on an engine that I supplied. Andy has bent over backwards to help in anyway he can throughout the whole process and I would whole heatedly recommend him to anyone that's thinking about either a turbo conversion or regular maintenance.

Set off this morning at 6, from Leicester to Newcastle.

Engine out and box out, oil leak fixed, lunch, engine and box back in and running in just over 8 hours! Although I am not sure how much help I was! Ha ha.

ajazapy5.jpg

he5u7yse.jpg

Then a nice little drive back!

400 miles travelled, 70 litres of fuel used - 26ish mpg! Not bad for a nigh on 300bhp clio and I wasn't exactly conforming to the speed limits

e7y2ytyz.jpg

Definitely needs a wash now though.