ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Golf VR6 track car,stripped noisy thing

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
just amazing slicks with massive brakes! although doesn't compare to friends radical sr3.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
although saying that same friend has 306 based track car which I would argue can be more fun. Hell of a lot more reliable too!

53 Clio's & counting
I will add I bought a complete tie rod (with TRE) from APD for £32 with discount - If I had bought it though work, retail is £105! For a bloody tie rod lol, even with my discount it was still over £65, so pattern part is plenty good enough!

53 Clio's & counting
Welding this Saturday - Well as long as we get it finished in time lol. Been tidying up a few more bits inside, just a bit stuck until welding is fully finished, so iv been pricing a few more bits up, deciding on what brakes to go for when these wear out - can't make my mind up there.

53 Clio's & counting
Well that was a right balls up lol.

Ran out of time working on the MK5 Iv bought for Claire, and didn't get the Golf done, going to do it in a few weeks.

Got a quick speedo vid mind, though it needs the map sorting to be properly sorted, another job on the list.

Spins round to high revs very quicky for an old boat anchor ;) does sound a lot better than in the video too, my phone camera isn't good enough to pick it up, tis bloody loud inside mind

Last edited by a moderator:
  53 Clio's & counting
Got Claires Mk5 finished, but been so busy with my own business iv not had time for the VR, though I did have a few hours last staurday and have most of one sill done - the rear half of the sill is fine, it's where previous numpties have jacked it up and bent the jacking points on both sills, which have rusted and basicallty fell apart. New outer sill is on, and I have collcted some steel to finish off edges of the floor, so should get a good chunk of work done this Saturday. So with any luck il have a good update to come on Saturday/Sunday :)

53 Clio's & counting
Well had about 4 hours on the Golf today, been consentrating on the n/s sill, and from last week we had the main part of the sill on, what we had to finish today is a bit of plating on the floor.

Got all the underseal off (took ages!) and got the repair plates on the floor - corrosion gone, so just needs a bit of tidying up left to do :)

So next Saturday is looking good to get it finished, as the o/s sill is in much better condition than the n/s, and then the following week is the MOT :)

On a seperate note, this turned up in the post yesterday :D

2012-03-03104242.gif

53 Clio's & counting
It does like to rev, especially with the cams in, it will pull to over 7000rpm, but shifting around 6700 seems to be the sweet spot