ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Greeny 172's Fast Road/Semi Track Clio 172

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I only have one seat currently and dont weigh much, cant be far off that currently I dont think! :)

TrackCar & F30 330d
Your probably right actually.

Take the rest of the dash out and get the brown sound deading out. That stuff weighs LOADS!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Yeah I need to take the bottom half off and get that all out, was hoping to do it today but ended up cleaning the car for a few hours and cba now :D Ill get it done soon though. How hard is it to remove the bottom half of the dash? cant say ive looked yet but I guess its fairly easy?

You at FCS? Will have to say hello :approve:

TrackCar & F30 330d
To be honest its a little bit of a ball ache. You just have to look all over the place for the little screws holding the dash on. and dont forget to remove your wheel (can leave the boss on) and remove the indicator and window wiper stalks.

Also you have to be a bit aggressive when pulling it off the left hand side.

I'm sure you'l be fine :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
After long discussions with various companys im not gunna be spending the money to get ITB's or the JMS inlet as much as I want to its just not worth the money on my car imo! Because of this I have a little saved which I was putting toward the inlet, so ive ordered the following:

• 100mm 45degree bend for the V6 filter to get the air pickup from behind the headlight
  • 76mm joiner hose from the tb to airbox as mine is tatty as fook!
  • Pipercross race filter for the v6 box
  • Carbon fibre front and rear door cards
  • Won a Cobra Imola and sidemounts on ebay!
  • 3" OMP harness
  • OMP passengers subframe
  • Headlight covers to be sprayed gloss black
  • Flocked dash top (next month)
  • Fastchip overrun map (whenever its released!!!!!!)

I also have a set of genuine rear discs and Redstuff pads to fit along with some RC5 front pads and replacement discs.

Finally im hoping to source some cup racer air ducts if Yozza still sell them, im awaiting to hear back.

Oh and I really should get some front tyres lol :D

Anyway, here what I got up to this weekend along with breathing in alot of toxic fumes from the paint :dead:, never good when I blow my nose hours later and black paint comes out!

Ghetto removed some bits and bobs and no longer serve any purpose
IMG00344-20100703-1110.gif

IMG00349-20100703-1151.gif

IMG00345-20100703-1110.gif

IMG00346-20100703-1110.gif

IMG00347-20100703-1110.gif

Before minus seat
IMG00348-20100703-1110.gif

Semi masked
IMG00350-20100703-1239.gif

First coat
IMG00351-20100703-1708.gif

IMG00353-20100703-1709.gif

IMG00354-20100703-1709.gif

Done!
DSC00291.gif

DSC00293.gif

DSC00294.gif

Masking tape removed
DSC00295.gif

Seat, battery and steering wheel back in
DSC00297.gif

Fin
DSC00299.gif

DSC00301.gif

DSC00302.gif

DSC00303.gif

DSC00304.gif

DSC00305.gif

DSC00307.gif

:approve:

Did you 'rattle can spray' the interior yourself? I've finally bought an MB Performance quick shift which does fee so much nicer but i still feel it's quite stiff when going into gears... have you changed anything else on yours like the conrod piece that goes from the linkage into the box? I didn't buy the shorter one from MB just a replacement from Renault that came with like a transparent rubber so i'm guessing this is making it stick a little :/

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
:approve:

Did you 'rattle can spray' the interior yourself? I've finally bought an MB Performance quick shift which does fee so much nicer but i still feel it's quite stiff when going into gears... have you changed anything else on yours like the conrod piece that goes from the linkage into the box? I didn't buy the shorter one from MB just a replacement from Renault that came with like a transparent rubber so i'm guessing this is making it stick a little :/

Yeah just rattle cans, its no pro job but still 10 times better than it was! No mate didnt touch the linkage :( I may be over yours next weekend to get Guppys cage if all goes well so have a play with mine? An offer you can't refuse ;)

mayfair? you tramp. Why buy an imola after you just sold one?

I havnt sold one lol This is the one I was thinking of selling but decided to keep and tidy up the inside.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
looks much better painted.

How many cans did you use?

Did you paimer it up first?

s**t loads lol, I ran out half way through and had to ride down to focus in the baking sun :(

4 cans of primer and like 6/7 cans of top coat, top coats where 300/400ml cans, primers where 300ml.

Good work, looks like you've found a way to love it again!

Not a fan of battery in the boot - it should be ventilated & not in the passenger compartment without being in a sealed box.

Really needs an alacantra gear stick surround making up with a nice stitch to match the cars colour theme (whatever that is ;))

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Its like a Black/Grey/Yellow theme lol :)

Ye the battery is never gunna please you but nm :p Get my race filter in the post please Tom :p

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Right, firstly sorry for the dire pics as I only had my BB on me at the time. I received my second bucket yesterday along with its sidemounts, got both of these off the bay for a good price with little damage! Took ybracing a week to get my subframe and harness so finally received them today!

IMG00356-20100709-2021.gif

IMG00359-20100709-2021.gif

IMG00360-20100709-2022.gif

IMG00361-20100709-2022.gif

Well happy with the seat, its perfect for a passenger as it has no wear near as much hold as my suzuka, abit of a shame the rear is grey and not black so sticks out abit but not gunna complain really! Also I bought a 102mm 45 degree hose for my V6 box to hopefully aid it in picking up some colder air than it was doing, it seems to pull better but its probably in my head, just awaiting the race filter from JMS to complete the setup.

IMG00363-20100709-2023.gif

IMG00365-20100709-2023.gif

IMG00367-20100709-2024.gif

IMG00368-20100709-2024.gif

CL RC5 pads and new front discs going on tomorrow which should hopefully blow my mind compared to my green stuff and budget discs im currently running, luckily I already have fitted braided lines and DOT5 AP racing fluid so all good there :)

MSV rear cage coming next month but unsure what colour to spray it, its either gunna be gloss black, Ford graphite grey or yellow to match my calipers/stickers, although its a little chavy im swaying towards yellow atm! :)

Finally gunna hopefully be receiving my front and rear carbon door cards from Performance trim next week so look forward to fitting them next weekend!

This is pretty much exactly what i want mine like, you thinking of getting ITBs in the future? Also is that the final stage for your battery being in the spare wheel well? I want mine in the rear/under passenger seat but i'm not sure where is best tbh :/

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
This is pretty much exactly what i want mine like, you thinking of getting ITBs in the future? Also is that the final stage for your battery being in the spare wheel well? I want mine in the rear/under passenger seat but i'm not sure where is best tbh :/

When it dies ill get a red top but I only bought this bat for £50 about a year ago so im cheap and wanna keep it :) Im fine with it there tbh and unless it fails the MOT its staying there. Everyone says under the passengers seat is the way to go with a sealed battery so thats what I would do if I do ever get one.

I wont be getting ITB's as they arnt worth the cash imo, if I was to buy anything it would be the RS2 inlet as its nearly 1k cheaper and gives almost identical performance with less hassle. Ill probably be getting rid of the car early 2012 unless I can keep it as a second car and get a trailer which in a perfect world I will do, but who knows what will happen before then!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
looks good

not sure how a yellow cage is chavy

I didn't mean to call you a chav mate, I love your car :p Just a bright 'look at me ive got a cage' colour is abit chavy? I don't care in fairness and it will probably end up yellow, just toying with the idea of it being more subtle.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
nah i didn't take it that way...lol, am too light hearted for that
anyone who has seen mine has commented about how good it looks in yellow actually

v6
looking good dan :)

your filter setup is exactly how i would have done mine if i still had it!

gotta be yellow for the cage, you already look like a chav in your hats ;)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Fitted my CL RC5 pads and GroupN discs at the weekend and wow, what a difference, im currently stopping metres away from junctions until I get used to them, completely amazing compared with my old setup!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
These arrived today! :D

DSC00291.gif

DSC00293.gif

DSC00301.gif

DSC00298.gif

Excuse the dust on the macro image :) Looking forward to fitting them tomorrow evening.

Bumder With A Buffer
Mayfair?!!! Since when have you smoked??!!

Il pop over one day soon for a play and some photos???? :)

R26
Fitted my CL RC5 pads and GroupN discs at the weekend and wow, what a difference, im currently stopping metres away from junctions until I get used to them, completely amazing compared with my old setup!

what was your old setup mate? standard?