ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

GT Creations (T5MY G's) Poseidon Traxo Vtr

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Re: My new saxo vtr

I preffered my group N Billsteins over the b8's, b8's were a bit too soft for me :(

Get yourself a full Safety Devices cage in there, the difference it makes to the chassis is awesome, my 16v s2 rallye was probably the best handling car ive driven, even in the wet you could grief it and it was stable

Do basic mods to a valver lump, dont waste your time camming it, its a waste of money for the gains you get

If it was me I'd do Supersprint 4-2-1 mani, saxsport exhaust, procomp filter or raceland with green filter inside

Dont bother with upper strut brace, from what Ive heard they do nothing

Give it a full polybush session and add an OMP lower brace, should handle like a dream

Then strip it to the bare bones and rag its arse off, thats what they're for ;)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Correct chris :D

Ive already got a miltek mani and a bmc filter and im in the process of buying a new saxsport. The polybushes are also coming along with spooxs mounts. It is defo being stripped this weekend as ive sourced a set of scales :D Keep an eye out for an update saturday/sunday ;)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

I will tomorow mate as ive still got more stuff. Ive stripped 50kg's. Iv'e used sacales so its not a guestimate. :D Pretty happy with the weight loss to be honest. Iv'e still got another 10kg's hopefully to shed tomorow. i will update tomorow!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member

Nice thread. Looks like you've got yourself a decent saxo there. Mind if i ask how much you paid? I got a vts in jan and i think they are crackin little cars.

Just fitted the raceland with green filter and i think it sounds better and picks up a bit better. Need to get the 4-2-1 next month and then new shocks, plus maybe a new axle!

Will be keeping an eye out on this thread

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

sounds good mate, i swapped my clio for it. defo get a mani they make such a difference. And strip it :rasp:

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah it's getting stripped eventually. Dont see the point in doin it just yet though. Think i'll do it as one of the last things.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEEEE! :D

Over this weekend ive managed to nearly strip the whole car. Iv'e shed 52kg's and 330grams. I'm very happy with the results. Iv'e still got abit of the sound deadening under the dash which i carn't get at until i take the dash out. Theres also some stuck down sound deadening on the drivers and passenger footwells aswell as the rear quater panels which will hopefully be heatgunned off tomorow and weighed. The spare wheel and carrier were already removed when i got the car so that saved me a job.
Heres the list of bits ive stripped out today....
Fusion front door speakers = 1.060kg x2
Front doorcard = 2.490kg x2
Parcel shelf = 2.500kg
A-pillar = 170grams x2
B-pillar = 96grams x2
Air vent on the rear quarter where the rear light plugs are = 56grams x2
Boot plastic panel = 1.050kg
Boot carpet and sound deadening = 3.030kg
Show cage = 4.327kg
Rear seat belt buckles = 646grams
Rear gti leather/alacantra seats = 15.548kg
Rear quarter plastic with sound deadening and speaker = 1.940kg x2
Rear quarter panel (light grey) joins with the roof lining = 230grams x2
Main carpet = 7.270kg
Gear stick/window switch surround plastic = 519grams
Sound deadening (Fluffy) below main carpet = 1.363kg
Amp wiring = 1.328kg
Sound deadening under the dash = 2.969kg (still 2kg to get as ive got to strip the dash off.
Rear plastic cover were the parcel shelf rests on = 322grams x2
Release mech for the rear seats = 200 x2
Rear seatbelt = 777grams x2

I also have my next little suprise.....
I am a very very very lucky boy...
DSC00661.jpg

DSC00663.jpg

DSC00662.jpg

DSC00664.jpg

DSC00660.jpg

2 Brand new Recaro pole positions with alloy side mounts and sliders. These retail at £1200 inc V.a.t. They will hopefully be fitted tomorow when i get some harnesses for them. The literally weigh f all. Im sooo happy with them :D I will weigh my front gti leathers and these for comparison. So hopefully ill have an update for you tomorow.

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Nice, this is going to be a quick little car! The seats look great.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Re: My saxo vtr - Recaro pole positions/b8's/stripped!

Sod paying that for seats o_O

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Been following this and will continue to closely!

Titanium PH1

omg thats my old car aha bet its gunna be fast as now when i had it i stripped rear seats, doorcards bootlining etc and it went better then and sounded awesome good luck

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

I weighed the recaro's today with the alloy side mounts and each seat setup weighs 7.612kg's. Im going to be saving alot of weight when i get rid of the gti front seats :D Not much left to strip now. Ill get it weighed at a weighbridge. I will also be getting a fiberglass bonnet and boot. Polycarb windows will also be coming very soon. My aims for the mid 800's mark. Then it will be evil!

As soon as ive sourced a pair of harnesses i will update with fitted pics of the recaro's.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEE!

Got some pics with the new vts wheels i p/x'd with and a couple of the stripness, excuse the dirtyness it will be cleaned on the weekend :eek:
DSC00672.jpg

DSC00673.jpg

DSC00674.jpg

DSC00675.jpg

DSC00676.jpg

Debating wether or not to spray the wheels a different colour yet?

Iv'e just literally got back in and i now have a b&m! The guy was literally 5mins down the road so was very handy and it was an offer i couldnt refuse. Heres a quick pic of her...
DSC00678.jpg

Il hopefully have an update for this weekend with the seats in. I will also be ordering the saxsport on the weekend. Carnt wait.

Focus RS Mk1

much prefered it with the other wheels on im affraid. but still like your new look, each to thier own.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

cheers sean, its more purpose full now and the tyres are so much more grippyer. The lenso would get battered on track and look tatty.

I also have a full white roll cage linned up that i should be getting on the weekend :D

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Spot on Tommy, you don't hang around! Kind of makes me want to get a vts :eek:

Seats look awesome!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Loving this Tommy! :eek:

The white wheels don't work tho, what's with the green? Should be Orange! :)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Spot on Tommy, you don't hang around! Kind of makes me want to get a vts :eek:

Seats look awesome!

lol, guilty as charged! Id'e recommended a saxo/106 to any one. This is my 3rd saxo/106 and i love them. There so cheap to get them upto a good spec. Its a shame they dont make cars like them anymore. Weight is the key issue! ;)

Cheers gally x I will be getting carbon caps for the mirrors. Atm there not really bothering me so ill just wait for the carbon :D

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti

Looks great... but need to loose the orange on the wing mirrors and the bonnet lifters, I think the white looks good tbh.

Black Clio GT

nice work, look forward to seeing the poles in!!

what brakes is it running/going to get??

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

cheers mat, im going to be running 306 gti-6 brakes with ebc discs and pads. Im going to be picking up my white full cage in half an hour :D carnt wait. Pics tomorow ;)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEE!

I have the cage in. its just bolted atm but its having box section welded for the mounting points and additional bars welded on. I also have the b&m on :D The buckets will hopefully be in sometime this week. I just need harnesses and the side mount bars welding in. Heres the pics. Unfortunatly the sun decided to go away so the pics dont look as good as before :(....
DSC00679.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

DSC00682.jpg

DSC00684.jpg

Great progress on this! No holding back with your projects, i like!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E

<3 it

How much the cage cost?

Titanium PH1

looking awesome tom how much the cage and b&m set u bk looking to get em for mine

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers guys! The cage cost £380 and the b&m was £55 both collected from the same chap.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

cracking car, had a vtr too before I bought the 172

cheers mate they are good little cars.

Apart from the bonnet lifters, it looks great!

cheers pal, the lifters are staying as they will amplify the noise of bike carbs ;). I will also be getting a fiberglass bonnet with aerocatches. The standard bonnet weighs a ton. It's going to save quite a bit.

Ollie's Silver Cup

Looks great on the vts wheels imo; I'd keep them white too and keep the green! ;)

Jealous of the pole positions tbh!! :rasp:

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

cheers mate. On the weekend ive got brand new driveshafts, track rod ends and new drop links to fit. Hopefully my black shore 95's come and i can get them on and spray the anti-roll bar whilst its off. I will get some new wishbones but ill get them at the end of the month as monnies are abit tight atm. Ive also got 2 brand new toyo t1-r's for the front which should freshen up the steering/suspension no end. Ill try and keep updates coming this month. ;)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Mini updateeeee!
Not much really but managed to fit my brand new ax ariel blank.
DSC00685.jpg

Before...
DSC00686.jpg

And after...
DSC00688.jpg

DSC00687.jpg

DSC00689.jpg

Also got 2 brand new driveshafts with new gear oil and my T1R's..
DSC00691.jpg

DSC00690.jpg

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup

Mate you are really getting on with this! Looking forward to seeing it on tuesday!

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Love it mate! I really rate the VTR, gf had one for 3 years (standard) other than the crap brakes it was a hoot to drive!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Mate you are really getting on with this! Looking forward to seeing it on tuesday!

Cheers Will ;)

Love it mate! I really rate the VTR, gf had one for 3 years (standard) other than the crap brakes it was a hoot to drive!

They are very good cheap cars. The brakes will be changed to either 306 gti 6's or brembo 406's. That will solve the poo brakes :evil:

Got my powerflex black shore 95 anti-roll bar bushes finally. There stiff as fook :approve:..
DSC00692.jpg

And my new fuel line to replace the split one :eek:..
DSC00693.jpg