ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help needed asap - broken down

Basically the shed has ran out of oil somehow, cut out on the motorway and ive been towed to a services. It properly conked out with a bit of smoke coming from the exhausts, but then started again albeit really rough and undriveable. If i filled it up with oil, would it see me home or am i talking s**t? Im in wales atm, live in manchester pmsl

engine was tapping like mad, then started rumbling like a scoob then conked out. I just need it to get me home tbh, engine was on its last legs anyway!

it might get you home, it might not, if its truly nackered it will drive like shite and probably fook up more, damaging the whole engine

ive no other way of getting home without paying over 100 quid haha. Also need to add that its not even turning over now, i turn the key and it tries to but nothing at all happens. Is it truly fucked now?

does it click from the engine bay (starter motor) when you turn the key and the engine dosent turn over? engine could be siezed, lol.

Ph1 track 172
was it smoking?? or did it just dump the oil??

no oil suggest head gasket has gone very very badly,

when did you last check the oil??

tbh if youve run it for more than a mile with no oil uve probably done some expensive engine damage,

gutted mate,
defs get a new engine, dont scrap it! might even be a fun project

Titanium 182
It'l be locked tighter than a nuns chuff by now. Get a F4R bonked in :D

Poor effort though matey, even 5th gear reminded you on monday ;)

Track **** here I come! Been waiting for an excuse to get a bigger engine actuallt haha. My brakedown cover only tows me 10 miles, then I have to pay :(

Ph1 track 172
who you with???

get towed 10 miles,
then call them half an hour later, get towed another 10 miles

and repeat!!

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
I'd just pay the tow cost and get it towed home.

Even if it does start, the last thing you want is for it cut out again in the middle if nowhere on a fast b-road.

Titanium 182
See how much the tow cost is going to be and compare it against how much it is toi upgrade your policy.... The towing was going to cost me like £100 whereas a policy upgrade was £80. Worth checking.

I'm with Green Flag so I think that's their only policy haha... my uncle is coming now in his Toyota Hilux :D

TrackCar & F30 330d
Oh mate i hope you get it home. I'm gona go outside and check my oil now.
I watched fifth gear the other day and thought i should check it then but didnt.

Ian

Focus TDCi
150 + Delivery for a complete engine :)

Woah, costs less than getting a new head gasket fitted?! Will a 1.4 16v/1.6 16v fit in mine? Will my insurance company still insure me? Damnit Josh I'm tempted now lol.

I reckon you ran it dry on purpose Jamie. :p Only messing, hope you get it sorted pal.

Charged Superleggera
jesus! unlucky mate. defo excuse for a bigger engine. what about a 1.7 turbo engine from a volvo?