ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hmmm, is my Williams a bit of a steal

out of interest, just been looking at the prices of Williamss on Autotrader and it seems i got mine pretty cheap!

got the guy down to £2,900 about 2 months ago, its not the most amazing example, needs a littl TLC. but its got a 65k on the clock, FULL reno history with loads of receipts including cambelt change and a complimentary pioneer stereo to close the deal! it seems it was maintained rather than loved and the guy seemed pretty minted and used it to go to work and back!

just wondering what you guys payed as they still seem to be holding value at 5ish grand for one with good miles!

cheers fella!

nah, its not mint. nothing bad, just a little tlc (few scratches really, thats it) plus the wheels are really sh*tty condition.

but although the body is ish on the plus side the engines sweet as a nut and the interiors spot on (no wear on the seats ect.) so i figured it was a good buy at that price and had potential and i may have got a better deal than i thought!

ill bring it to a met asap so a few of you can give it the "once over"

Probably a bad idea letting me (or even worse matbrown) near a car.. hehe.

Mines going into the bodyshop in a couple of weeks to get both arches cut out and redone.. (only surface rust there, but I dont want any rust again!)..

My wheels arent great either - so they need to be refurbed. Dunno where tho, cus everyone does them either the wrong colour, badly or both.. :(

Quote: Originally posted by GTI Girl on 07 May 2004

For wheels dont use lepsons to be honest not impressed with theis work, sounds like you paid a good price.
I havnt ever seen anywhere, which can do them 100% original.. (colour, rim etc..)

Lepsons did seem to be the best in originality! But Ive heard you had problems, so.. all a bit disappointing, hehe.

im probably gonna go with spit and polish as ive seen their work and its really good, and they polish rims so the lip shouldnt be a problem. ill post their number when i get a chance.

as for rust, as far as i can see there is only one small bit of bubbling on the drivers sill under the door frame *BIG FAT FINGERS CROSSED*!

and GAZ, ill let you near it anyday bruv "me cas a su casa" or whatever it is!

Heh.

Well, That sill rust is common on them all.. as is drivers side arch rust (and passenger), tailgate rust etc..

Flaking of paint on doors where it hits seals on them all..

Im ok now at spotting dodgy paint work.. 9/10 I can spot it.. but Mr Brown, he could spot it as if it was yellow paint!!! Hehe.

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

I got a Williams 2 in Jan for £4,900 with 27,000, FSH etc,etc....I also think mine was a steal at that price.

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 07 May 2004

hhe mines had the matt brown seal of approval already lol
Haha. Come on, once you have one of them.. ya sorted - be inclined to put it in an air tight garage lock-up forever.

Need to get my cert soon, hehe.

If you look at Autotrader now, its like it was when I was looking last year. £4k seems to get you an average example, with the low milers and best condition examples being advertised £5k and beyond. Its not unusual to see one going for £10k with extemely low mileage or occasionally someone asking as low as £3k for a slightly tatty one.

I paid £4,750 for mine (No. 123) back in October. At the time it was a bit of a bargain since it was in far better condition that all of the others Id seen at up to £6k. It did need the wheels refurbishing, but was a very genuine car with a huge stack of history, bills and 54k on the clock.

The seller lived in central London and only did 3,000 miles a year (so no chips or dings) - he had never polished it and only washed it to sell it by the looks of things! I figured that giving the car a clean was a lot better than paying for a snapped cambelt, major mechanical problems or rusty bodywork! Here it is now in its gleaming glory, with refurbished wheels:

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1074957936__IMGP0011.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1074958393__IMGP0018.jpg

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 08 May 2004

If you look at Autotrader now, its like it was when I was looking last year. £4k seems to get you an average example, with the low milers and best condition examples being advertised £5k and beyond. Its not unusual to see one going for £10k with extemely low mileage or occasionally someone asking as low as £3k for a slightly tatty one.

I paid £4,750 for mine (No. 123) back in October. At the time it was a bit of a bargain since it was in far better condition that all of the others Id seen at up to £6k. It did need the wheels refurbishing, but was a very genuine car with a huge stack of history, bills and 54k on the clock.

The seller lived in central London and only did 3,000 miles a year (so no chips or dings) - he had never polished it and only washed it to sell it by the looks of things! I figured that giving the car a clean was a lot better than paying for a snapped cambelt, major mechanical problems or rusty bodywork! Here it is now in its gleaming glory, with refurbished wheels:

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1074957936__IMGP0011.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1074958393__IMGP0018.jpg
look like money well spent buddy! thing is cosmetics are failry easy to rectify whereas if the car had been abused the bills would start to pile up pretty quick!

im gonna get mine in for a flat and polish at my mates bodyshop, they seem to think thatll get rid of 90% of imperfections. probably get the wheels refurbed while its there!

naples valver

Mines going into the bodyshop in a couple of weeks to get both arches cut out and redone.. (only surface rust there, but I dont want any rust again!)..

this is a message for daz "forum moderater" i have a williams 3 and had the rear arches resprayed cos of rust but the rust is coming back so i want the job done proper this time and have the rear arches cut out and new bits of metal welded on how much are u paying for this and where u getting it done mate?

Quote: Originally posted by richyb on 09 May 2004

this is a message for daz "forum moderater" i have a williams 3 and had the rear arches resprayed cos of rust but the rust is coming back so i want the job done proper this time and have the rear arches cut out and new bits of metal welded on how much are u paying for this and where u getting it done mate?
Im doing the same. Both sides are rusty - one is bad.. but, only surface rust.. Im having both cut out and redone - best way. One side of mine has been done before.. but, it was a pretty poor job.. so bad, its come back worse than Ive ever seen before, hehe.

Im getting mine done at a place where Mat Brown has his stuff done (and local to me).. As for price, its going to be a bit more than normal as Im having it sprayed right down the A-Pillar too, to avoid any blow-in lines.. I guess you just have to find somewhere who you can see their work, and ask them to quote! Id imagine itd be about the £300 mark tho, to have it done similar to mine! (Excluding new Stickers, tho).

Remember, you will have to get two new stickers too if you have it done properly.. which are £26+vat each or something - I see so many people who mask round the stickers and its obvious its been sprayed then!

Let me know how you get on - mines going in on the 17th.. so Ill get some before and after photos - altho, photos are pretty bad at showing paintwork.

Im paying £170 for one arch to be done in a few weeks time (drivers side of course!). Its being blended in down the front door as theres a little ding and a scratch on the end of the rear panel. The sticker will be on top of that price.

Its not bad - in fact it doesnt look like rust at all. Ive just had these little bubbles full of water come up under the paintwork. Any ideas what these are? I just want to get rid of them before it gets any worse and hope itll last about 5 years or so as these repairs are never permanent.

My Williams 2 cost me £3700 for a 47k, 1 owner car - full history right back to pre-delivery inspection. This was at the end of summer last year.

Shame I killed it really!