ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Icemans Britcar Endurance project 182

BMW Z4
So the big strip continues with a nasty surprise.

Engine out then

DSC_0056.jpg

Nice set of cams and solid bucket lifters

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

Oh Poooo, wrong fuel used here methinks!!

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

That's what it should look like.

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

This rebuild just increased in costs by £600 Pooo

BMW Z4
Looks more like an injector to me as its only the one piston but hard to tell from pics Fred can't even see it lol

I do know it was mapped for V power and run on 95 but that it also was running very rich too. Either way it needs a new set of spitons now and then a good map and setup.

Audi A6 & 172 Cup
That's seen some pretty severe detonation! The other piston looks like its showing some signs of detonation too. What do the plugs look like? What ecu is it running? Obviously not been monitoring knock.

BMW Z4
That's seen some pretty severe detonation! The other piston looks like its showing some signs of detonation too. What do the plugs look like? What ecu is it running? Obviously not been monitoring knock.

Yes I agree, one plug lost a prong and its on a MOTEC. Troy will map it for me at NMS like the Clio, he is also doing the interior loom for me again. More pics for you.

Very messy wiring

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

Nice pedal box

DSC_0050.jpg

Engine in bits ready for putting back together after a good clean

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

An Audi and some Clio. I am running out of space LOL

DSC_0062.jpg

The offender, nice Arrow rods though and nice dash in background

DSC_0063.jpg

Stripped ready for paint prep

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

Audi A6 & 172 Cup
Just a thought but is this not worthy of its own thread?

Good progress though, are you taking the windows out before you paint the inside? Make life a whole lot easier.

BMW Z4
Just a thought but is this not worthy of its own thread?

Good progress though, are you taking the windows out before you paint the inside? Make life a whole lot easier.

I have masked them all up now :)

As for its own thread I guess it sort of is. Be a ball ache to move it all now.

Audi A6 & 172 Cup
Hmm, it is of course entirely up to you but for all the time it takes I would get them taken out, a window company will do remove and refit for a reasonable fee. Another point to note, the tubes directly behind the windows are the bits your going to see when you look in said window, if you don't get a decent finish on them everyone will see it.

The guy who did mine said it was one of the trickier cages he's done and there's no way he could have done it with the windows in.

BMW Z4
Nope, further to the corner than that, it looks like a clutched pulley to me, usually fitted to AC.

That's a little oil cooler for the power steering system.

I spoke to the bodyshop in peterborough and they will collect it for me so just have to put the front shox back in and wheels on and they can have it. What do you thk about me getting them to do the engine bay white and also the outside of the car too?

As for thread title I dont think I should change it as most of this thread is my Clio. Hmmm what to do what to do.

Fred follow the finger ;)

Cup In bits
Wrong spy, further down.

Throwing white over it is easy to do all at once/cheaper and easier to touch/patch in when you bash it. Shows off sponsors good too.

Mine will go white when/if it gets some gravel/race petina.

BMW Z4
Ok question for you engineers. The pistons were made special for this engine but what stops me putting a standard set of forged in it? What am I missing??

Thats a hard question to answer.. It all depends on the engine efficiency .. in theory it should be under a litre i think but as most of the fuels energy goes into producing heat rather than all power i'd guess closer to 1.5litres/min

182cup & 172 racecar
Thats a hard question to answer.. It all depends on the engine efficiency .. in theory it should be under a litre i think but as most of the fuels energy goes into producing heat rather than all power i'd guess closer to 1.5litres/min

I would agree, our's uses about 1ltr/min

Lionel Richie
Ok question for you engineers. The pistons were made special for this engine but what stops me putting a standard set of forged in it? What am I missing??

specially made? speak to CP, Omega/Accrilite, JE etc etc or RST tuning, no reason for you not to use off the shelf items unless the block has been bored?

BMW Z4
specially made? speak to CP, Omega/Accrilite, JE etc etc or RST tuning, no reason for you not to use off the shelf items unless the block has been bored?

I think its to do with it being a AXX block with a golf 16 valve head on it. Ordered them now.

BMW M135i
I think its to do with it being a AXX block with a golf 16 valve head on it. Ordered them now.
Are there any ID letters on the head? Just out of curiosity for what it actually is more than anything. Should stamped into a machined surface somewhere usually the timing end cover gasket face.

Would imagine its a 1.8t 16v head of some variety.