ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is the CTR the Clio's natural enemy?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Can't believe me airing my sunday evening random thoughts would cause so much toy throwing from certain people!

In conclusion, having read all the different views on this, i think its fair to say that i really should keep sctum when it comes to ANY views on the CTR!
In fairness though its not really the car i hate, but the attitude that comes with it from certain drivers of them. Nearly every one i have come in close contact with on the road( and by close i mean fag paper between one's front bumper and my rear or vice versa when one cuts me up) has been driven by a younger bloke.
The attitude that just becasue they have the hallowed "VEEETEC!!" that they can "have" anythin on the road and drive like loons.
All this has simply made me despise the things.

Hats off to all you who own them and don't have this attitude....i respect your machinery.

Honda CTR (in my view)...guilty by association. End of.

I used to have an Accord Type R. Biggest pile of poo ive ever owned!!! And it was faster (proven by me :D) and supposed to handle better than a CTR! i got tired of M3s kicking my butt. So i bought a TVR (and 172 CUP) :D

Oh hello all BTW - newbie!!

Dont you get tired of paying through the nose for shoddy blackpool workmanship? or them constantly breaking down?

Its a myth! Only things that go wrong with them are little things... they very rarely completely break down...

I handbuilt car is special, its great to work on... and the workmanship is v good. But because its hand built its not eh same sort of finish as a mass pro car...

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
What TVR do you have?

Mate of mine owned a Chimaera for about a year or so a few years back and he absolutely loved it. Had his fair share of probs but he wasn't bothered. Had to sell it as it was costing him a fortune running it as his everyday car....broke his heart to sell it mind you!

theyre all hatchbacks so imo all fall into the SAME class! as they all have HATCHbacks! a different class would be a coupé, sports car, etc...

Saxo VTR'/VTS' were bought by a chav majority... because, Citroen were offering 2 years free insurance with them when u buy them! which obviously appealled a great deal with the chavority.

the CTR is a better built car... but everyone knows that... but its the same old story of european cars having alot more character ( cmon u cant deny it) Japanese cars.... are just fast cars, nothing more... french are more than just cars

ph2 172
Someone should post the same topic on the ctr forum just to see how they react to the same comparison.

My mate has a 55 plate ctr with the lightened flywheel and we are always having little races when we're out and about.
I have to say that there is really noting it in in terms of 0-100 but after that the ctr starts to gain.

In terms of looks as said before its all down to personal taste, and the stereotype comments that have been mentioned in this thread make me laugh as most of the people on the ctr forum are middle aged men with mundane haircuts and beer guts lol.

At the end of the day though I paid just over 7k for my 172, whereas my mate paid 16k and he still cant loose me lol.

Both great cars though and both should get the respect they deserve.

Clio 200 cup
Someone should post the same topic on the ctr forum just to see how they react to the same comparison.

My mate has a 55 plate ctr with the lightened flywheel and we are always having little races when we're out and about.
I have to say that there is really noting it in in terms of 0-100 but after that the ctr starts to gain.

In terms of looks as said before its all down to personal taste, and the stereotype comments that have been mentioned in this thread make me laugh as most of the people on the ctr forum are middle aged men with mundane haircuts and beer guts lol.

At the end of the day though I paid just over 7k for my 172, whereas my mate paid 16k and he still cant loose me lol.

most sensible thing i've read so far! no point in posting this in the ctr forum, all you would get would be the same comments made here but in reverse!

It was the toys that swayed it for me on the Clio. It was a hot summer and the CTR was an extra (i think) £1k for air con!! And it has none of the other nice bits that come with the Clio.

If ultimate performance was the one thing I wanted then I might have got one. But then I'd have probably got a 172 cup and saved the pennies.

I drive my car hard. But most of the time I'd like a bit of comfort. It's all about trade offs between family car (no family here but that's the bench-mark for a "perfect"). That's why I'm in to things like R32/S3s over TTs. If you're looking for an out and out performer then get an Atom - or maybe you should be looking at a bike?

That's why I'll next be getting a Focus ST-3

Dont you get tired of paying through the nose for shoddy blackpool workmanship? or them constantly breaking down?

Its a myth! Only things that go wrong with them are little things... they very rarely completely break down...

I handbuilt car is special, its great to work on... and the workmanship is v good. But because its hand built its not eh same sort of finish as a mass pro car...

dont think my mate at work thinks that.

ok his chimeara was an M reg but the price of the bits and the actual bits that went wrong/broke were hideous.

most sensible thing i've read so far! no point in posting this in the ctr forum, all you would get would be the same comments made here but in reverse!
Agree :)

I wouldn't have said there's been any toy throwing in this thread - definately the most sensible discussion (bar a few exceptions) there's been on Cliosport comparing the CTR and Clio IMO (I've avoided others in the past). I've got slight negative views on the Clio because I owned a bit of a sh*tter and had nae luck with it, but it doens't stop me respecting it as a great performing car. I just had a crap example. They're both great cars. End of story.

H22A7 Accord Type R
I had an Accord Type R

Pile of poop!!!

Build quality was terrible. had more rattles than any other car ive had. And it was faster than a CTR, either that or i was changing quicker!

haha, i wondered what the smell is coming from mine........... ah no thats brakes and clutch.......intoxicating :D such a mans smell

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Oh great...i thought this thread had died of death....im ashamed of it as it is!

Trust a Honda freak to drag it back up...;)

Right DIE thread DIEE!!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<THE END>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>