ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leeroy's Megane 225 Trophy

Titanium 182
Well after a few weeks of deciding if I should purchase another clio 182 in this case a 182 trophy I have choosen a Megane 225 trophy. Its more grown up, bigger and easier to get more BHP from it then the N/A 182 engine.

Here is a little write up to what a megane 225 trophy is can be found here

http://www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/FirstDrives/Renault-Megane-2.0T-Renaultsport-Trophy/214337/.

Plans at the minute are for a good clean, polish and wax and basically enjoy it for a few weeks before deciding whats the first thing I need to buy for it.

1774246-1.jpg

1774246-2.jpg

Mk2 172
Thats the exaact car I bought to replace my 182 cup!! Great car and im loving it!! Had it nearly 9 months now and im pleased to say it was a big step in the right direction. One thing I would say is to get the RS Tuning remap done on it as it makes a huge difference to the car and makes it so much better to drive and quicker!! Enjoy!!! :)

Titanium 182
good upgrade!

the megane trophys only came in this colour right?

Yeah only in this colour Dave.

Superb leeroy, look forward to getting a closer look and some photos some time :)

Defo Dan

Nice car old man ;)

Cheers Tan fantasic :}

Thats the exaact car I bought to replace my 182 cup!! Great car and im loving it!! Had it nearly 9 months now and im pleased to say it was a big step in the right direction. One thing I would say is to get the RS Tuning remap done on it as it makes a huge difference to the car and makes it so much better to drive and quicker!! Enjoy!!! :)

Will do, cant wait to pick it up tomorrow

BMW M5 & E36
Oooh it reminds me of mine! Good choice mate :cool:

Attachments

• 4613375478_be0bf93681.jpg
    4613375478_be0bf93681.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3768-1024.jpg
    IMG_3768-1024.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 100

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nice. What sort of MPG do they get? (honest answer not one with rose tinted glasses..haha)

BMW M5 & E36
Over the last 1027 miles I've averaged 26.4mpg, thats a fair mix of spirited blasts, steady runs to work and a bit of motorway here and there.

BMW M5 & E36
^ Stage 1 RST, talk to me. Definitely worth the outlay? Not interested in forking out for an intercooler/stage 2 so it's the best compromise.

S1RST/205GTI
^ Stage 1 RST, talk to me. Definitely worth the outlay? Not interested in forking out for an intercooler/stage 2 so it's the best compromise.

Deffinatly mate,makes the car awesome you will be grinning like a Cheshire cat and hunting mk2 FRS's lol.Remote box is worth getting incase the ecu gets wiped while in at Renault so you have the map stored(also works as a fault code reader)

Titanium 182
I thought both my 182's were fun, but this thing is in another league.

I think once you have owned a Renault Sport, its like a disease, you just want more.

Rides brilliantly, handles really well, goes like stink and above all its like stealth bomber :}

Anyone thinking of changing to one, I could not recommend it more!

Mk2 172

In simple words, it makes the megane the car it SHOULD of been from factory.
A 225 in standard form is actually no quicker than a 182 once rolling.
My ex has a 182 trophy and i could never pull away from it.
After remap its pulls away easily but its the way it drives tbh.
Loads more torque in every gear, easier to drive quicker as u can use the torque rather than having to rev its nuts off. It just transforms the whole package and is perfectly reliable and cheap to do. I recommend it 100%!
Best mod ive done. Ill let u know how i get on at the ring with it in 6 weeks and see how it compares to my old bodies, AST'd 182 cup :)
Its got a lot to live up to!!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
A remap sounds like the same case as the VW's...

What power/torque does a stage 1 map take them too? And what do they weigh? I do like them..

Titanium 182
Stage one can be anythign from 240 -260. I think a F1 made 269 on a stage 1!

I still have a huge smile on my face everytime I drive it.

I was massively impressed at how well and quick it covers ground!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nice. About the same as my Bora. They must be swift! Mines around 240 and not shy so with that power and handling to match must be mucho fun!