ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LewisTaylor's BlackGold 182

Trafic 140dci
Re: Boosted BlackGold Project - F4rT content.

Electric drill ftw! I did mine with the rad in place and just went through the first hole to do the second. Leaving the rad in made it more exciting due to the risk :p

It is a boring task though! Ill get the special package posted to you soon, just waiting for parts to sell for a post office trip :)

Haha I've got everything battery powered with about 6 Makita batteries, because when i used to do council work alot of them spent there doll money on drugs so had no electric for us to use lol. Thanks mate appreciate it :)

Dan do you still have my spot weld drill bit?
I think he gave it to me, and i think i have it somewhere in my garage which is currently a mess of Clio parts, will try to find it for you tomorrow :)

ph1 172

No rush for it mate so don't go out of your way digging, just curious of it's whereabouts ;)

aha I've got everything battery powered with about 6 Makita batteries, because when i used to do council work alot of them spent there doll money on drugs so had no electric for us to use lol.

knows it especially in hatfield

Trafic 140dci

Small update, process is slow as per usual...

Firstly, i picked up a cheap Meg 225 TB, planning on using this and a fly by wire throttle pedal to be different to the other conversions that have all been cable throttle. But this plastic bit broke off in the post, does anyone know if it really matters?

brokenthrottlebody.jpg

Also got some shiney carbon bullets :)

carbonbullets.jpg

Finally, picked up an alternator bracket, off a Trafic van so sprayed it up and baked it in the oven :)

cookingengineparts.jpg

Got a TD04 off an Impreza which i'm having my manifold modified to accept, much cheaper option than other turbo's and very similar to the megane turbo.

ph1 172

Getting there mate

I funnily enough last week ordered a set of the carbon bullets too!

Trafic 140dci

Picked up a little bargain today... A set of Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2's for £140 :) Going to get them sprayed bright blue for track work. Then get my 2118's refurbed in Anthracite and use them on the road :)

td.jpg

Should have my parts back from powder coaters Friday! But i'm also doing a complete refurbishment on my Grandads new bungalow in my spare time starting this week, so i'm not going to get much done on my car :(

Red 1.2 Dynamique

Lovely alloys, I'd love a set but can't find any going for a good price.

340i

It doesn't matter about the broken plastic cap on your TB :)

Arctic 182, GTD

love pro races, such a light wheel aswell. and rare to get them in the earlier model with the coloured rim lip. car looks great mate, and good read.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

I really like pro-race, you got a bargain at that price.

Trafic 140dci

Lovely alloys, I'd love a set but can't find any going for a good price.

I've been searching for some cheap for months... I'm very tight, especially with wheels lol.

It doesn't matter about the broken plastic cap on your TB :)

Nice one! That's a relief as they ain't cheap!

love pro races, such a light wheel aswell. and rare to get them in the earlier model with the coloured rim lip. car looks great mate, and good read.

Didn't realise they were rare? Shame they have been kurbed and need a refurb, can't say i'm a fan of the painted rim lip, but i do love the pro race wheels :) They were my favorite wheels on my Cup, regret selling them, but needed too, to fund my 2118's & A048's i got for track work (and still have but will now become road wheels)

IMG_8305.jpg

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

Whats happening with this now you're selling the engine mate? Gunna keep the 182 with its standard lump?

Have you always been from Norfolk Lewis? as in the throttle body pic featuring your toes they arent webbed :p

I wasnt aware you were selling the engine, thought it was a maybe :(

Focus

Have you always been from Norfolk Lewis? as in the throttle body pic featuring your toes they arent webbed :p

Ohnohedidnt

Trafic 140dci

Whats happening with this now you're selling the engine mate? Gunna keep the 182 with its standard lump?

Got a mortgage in principle :D So should be a home owner soon. Need to consolidate cash for solicitor fees etc plus i would need to complete in a bit of a hurry for moving date.

OI! The sights i see in Suffolk are much worse ;) Norfolk is just rumors :p keeps the tourists away so i don't complain ;)

If it doesn't sell it isn't the end of the world, i'll fit at a later date, just can't be spending any more money atm.

Trafic 140dci

FINALLY i have my parts back from the powdercoaters :D

Few of the bits:

powerdercoatedparts.jpg

Brakes re-assembled:

newbrakes.jpg

Started putting the subframe back together:

subframe.jpg

Roll cage:

rollcage1-1.jpg

rollcage2-1.jpg

3 problems though, firstly, bolting the the ARB bushes back to the subframe, i can't seem to pull them close enough to get a bolt through to do them up, what am i doing wrong?

arbbush.jpg

Secondly, how do you change the dogbone bush's to powerflex ones? got the new ones just can't figure out how to get the old ones out?

Thirdly, when putting my flywheel back on the 182 engine i noticed it didn't have a bearing on the end of the crank like my 225 engine. See pictures:

225 engine.
225bearing.jpg

182 engine.
182bearing.jpg

Is this right? If not i guess i'll need a bearing, could this also be why the old clutch was slipping and show's signs of extreme heat? Could my flywheel be buckled from this?

Dog bone mount... Just clamp it in a vice and knock the old bush out with a hammer

ph1 172

In regards to your arb bracket...........You need bigger muscles Lewis;)

They are a struggle on your own so I would recommend a second body to lend a hand with a big pry bar etc

Trafic 140dci

I did mine with fire.

Cage looks sweet.

If you want rid of the Pole positions at any point ill take them back btw :p
I can imagine you doing that...

Thanks mate :)

No! They are in my car and staying there :) only sellin bits I don't really need.

340i

Man up ;)

Or you can you use longer bolts for the ARB bush brackets if you're really struggling to clamp them down.

There should be a bearing on the crank too.

BMW M135i

ND0 has a longer input shaft and is setup for the crank bearing, can't say i've seen a JB/JC using one before hence why you don't have one.

225 powered mk2

yea those brackets are a pain, i used two set of mole grips clamped it down.. jobs a goodun

RS172 Flamer

Epic build once more. Love reading your threads!

Sorry if you have mentioned it already but what are the thread and length measurements of your wheel studs?

Evo 5 RS

You know Mr Taylor for someone who claims not to have that much mechanical finesse you sure are handy with a spanner ;). Coming along nicely mate, can't wait to see it finished

Trafic 140dci

You know Mr Taylor for someone who claims not to have that much mechanical finesse you sure are handy with a spanner ;). Coming along nicely mate, can't wait to see it finished
Your joking right? Lol, 90% of the time I do something and think "f*ck, how do I put it back!?" Many pm's/ texts to AndyRG, DannyR Chip etc without my threads asking questions lol, i'm not as clever as I appear haha. But thanks I just want it running again now :)

Trafic 140dci

So my plan was to hopefully get the subframe built, back on and engine re-fitted this weekend. But then i got offered 2 good days work for saturday and sunday which i couldn't refuse. This being said i need the car running for the 28th for a local meet, so need to try and do what i can in the evenings. Tonight i planned to just rebuild my subframe, but got really stuck in and within only about an hour i'd built it and refitted it. Here are the photo's:

581A37F2-B6D2-4452-9FBF-6DDC887542C7-838-00000100AD7C3608.jpg

F66D34FA-3179-43BA-930B-9EAB71A1E09E-838-00000100BA7B5032.jpg

I'm very happy with the colour match, please ignore the metal pipe, for my Pikey Motorsport BTCC tech induction kit... Coming soon!

5972BB5E-2C4C-407B-935A-487873F0F267-838-00000100B42CB0FE.jpg

If i can get home before 4 tomorrow night, i'll get the engine dropped in, if not i'll give the subframe a good clean as it got a bit grubby tonight.