ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LiquidYellDan's 182 Thread

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Don't worry about putting miles on it because its a nice car, firstly, these get better with miles and secondly its like not shagging the mrs so that shes in better nick for the next one. Just keep it and kick its hole in. And the car.

Don't worry about putting miles on it because its a nice car, firstly, these get better with miles and secondly its like not shagging the mrs so that shes in better nick for the next one. Just keep it and kick its hole in. And the car.
Ha ha!
I'm daft with cars..... sold my mint impreza years back because I changed job and was putting loads of miles on it!
Thought the car "deserved better" lol!
Wish i still had that too. So would prob regret the Clio.
Selling it... pfft. Don't be so bloody daft... :tonguewink:
Lol. I know.... I need to snap out of it! [emoji41]

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah. Definitely be up for a few runs!

In the Clio or whatever I'll be driving (probably the Clio [emoji4]) !
Maybe the Audi will make an appearance on one.

Yeah. Dano 182 looks nice. [emoji106]
Can see your cup then too. It looks a beauty. [emoji41]

Finally got around to popping a thread up.
Don't sell the LY though mate...I've seen the grin it give you when you lift your helmet (OOOOERRR) :tonguewink:

Finally got around to popping a thread up.
Don't sell the LY though mate...I've seen the grin it give you when you lift your helmet (OOOOERRR) :tonguewink:
Ha ha. Half problem was I hadn't driven it for a week and half, so forgot how good it was to drive.
Started the new job yesterday and had a big grin just coming off a roundabout, lol, has to be kept!
Few twisties in forest of Dean on my journey to coleford too! [emoji4]

Anyway, didn't take pics on way to work... took some driveway pics after I finished the detail though so I'll share those instead.
uploadfromtaptalk1441780668691.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1441780683873.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1441780697894.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1441780709482.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1441780726188.jpg

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
Being back in a 182 I can tell you I missed it more than I thought I did, my short running with the scoob has taught me these cars are little animals from factory lol

Just gutted this ones silver, I dislike silver cars 😧

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
It is properly tidy - I never got on with my particular 172 at the time, don't know why but I miss being in one now - I also know that I wouldn't find one in that condition - I was really stupid for selling it really - should have given it the missus.

Mind you it would have been a shed in 3 months with her looking after it.

Not been tintern yet. Sat morning jaunt perhaps [emoji4]

Cheers @Daz. Yeah, I'd only regret it!
If I offered this to my Mrs shed laugh and tell me where to ram it! Lol. She hates it.... likes look of it, hates driving it.
Too hard and heavy....She prefers soulless, over assisted shite [emoji4]

Ordered a nice service kit for the car

From Renault
2x 5lt type D coolant
New thermostat and seal (preventive measure)
Oil filter
Sump washer
70 quid

From Opie oils
Shell Helix ultra oil
Fuchs titan sintofluid gear oil
Moutl 660 brake fluid
Magnetic sump plug
K and N cleaning kit
73 quid

EBay
Coolant header tank
13 quid

Hopefully get it all fitted next weekend, mot then in next few weeks.

Front diamond was looking scruffy, fair few stone chips appeared.
So stripped it back and sprayed it up again. 2 primer, 3 black, 3 lacquer. Turned out quite well, a tiny bit of fluff landed on it annoyingly. Still looks good after a cut back and polish.
f4404947f794880fa92d32bb5528b384.jpg

Have a service pack waiting to go on, which @Filters kindly offered to do with me. So heading down to a unit he uses this Sunday. Cheers bud.
d86485a664ba43b0158065552b7d3562.jpg

still awaiting delivery of the new header tank.

Also ordered a silicone elbow, oil catch can and breather filter. To get rid of the pikey temp catch can I made.
MOT then in next week or 2. Hopefully all will be ok! Will give it all a good check over on Sunday.

Had a good day yesterday.
@Hodgins kindly offered his help servicing the car. Has use of a 4 post lift at his dad's workshop too which is very handy!

Oil filter was a b*****d to remove as it was beyond tight! New gold magnetic sump plug fitted, along with New genuine washer and filter
16b02c8d522f0428cb07d5107ff5cb1a.jpg

Cleaned the crank sensor too for peace of mind.
b7009e031c98168bfea06fc37098bc3a.jpg

Made an absolute epic fail and only ordered one 1lt bottle of fuchs gear oil, instead of 3.... and only realised after we dropped box oil. [emoji33]
Luckily halfords is only a mile away, unlucky that they only sell s**t gear oil.... so had to buy 3 bottles of the rubbish to get the car mobile.
Its going to be in the car for a grand total of 4 miles, to MOT station and back, before being dropped out and replaced by good quality oil later this week.
I guess it's a gearbox oil flush if anything [emoji4]

The good thing with the trip to halfords is that we had to go in Hodgins car. .. one of my all time favourite cars and I haven't been in one for years! Mk1 FRS.
His is a superb example too. Low mileage and extremely good condition.
Sounds gorgeous, looks gorgeous, massive car envy!
Its frantic quick too! [emoji41]
8fa9f2e25ac5ae7a84e0f3c4632aaae4.jpg

fef0aae317cf85f98892d322d4d5fb57.jpg

Love the interior and seats and he's fitted a lovely dished wheel too. I want one! [emoji4]

Next up was the coolant. This also proved to be stubborn!
Bottom rad hose removed, cap taken off and opened the bleed screw and it still would only release 2 liters of old coolant.
Pulled hoses off thermostat too and still wouldn't go.
Was only when the thermostat was removed it dropped the load of it!

A new coolant bottle, thermostat and new seal was fitted. Changed stat as a precaution.
7d6fd73fc017704e28461d777e27b746.jpg

Was a b*****d getting all the air out the system afterwards. Took a long time but got there in the end!
Thanks again to Hodgins, as he did almost all the work.... I just cleaned everything as it was getting removed. Lol

It's booked for mot and a brake fluid change at garage tomorrow and the gear oil is en route. Will change it one evening this week.

Going to be purchasing a KTR induction kit for it soon.

Cheers mate
This car is stunning and a real credit to you
Thanks very much. [emoji4]
Its a nice example. Its let down by the standard 182 alloys, their slightly scruffy.

Tbf I much prefer it on the f1s, but they have track tyres fitted. No good in this weather now.
I may sell the 182 wheels and buy another set of f1s with road tyres instead of paying to refurb the 182 ones.

Focus RS + S3
@LiquidYellDan Didnt realise you were taking pics lol, snapped me in action too!

Job well done in the end, have to go out properly in the focus soon.

Im always messing around with clios on the weekends but its been a while since a LY has been on the ramp, nawwww memories lol

(Mine having pure motorsport top mounts and brace fitted)
59E0AAD9-DA36-4313-9643-4BF85113CC5B.jpg

Lovely car you got there mate, i still have the itch for another....

Last edited:
@LiquidYellDan Didnt realise you were taking pics lol, snapped me in action too!

Job well done in the end, have to go out properly in the focus soon.

Im always messing around with clios on the weekends but its been a while since a LY has been on the ramp, nawwww memories lol

(Mine having pure motorsport top mounts and brace fitted)
59E0AAD9-DA36-4313-9643-4BF85113CC5B.jpg

Lovely car you got there mate, i still have the itch for another....
Ha ha. Dejavu

Yeah, Was going to take a few more pics but had grubby hands all time....
Paint strippers doing it's thing on the fuel guard as we speak. [emoji4] Will start spraying it up tomorrow night.

Yeah, would be good to get out in it. [emoji106]
I'd return the favour in the Audi but you'd probably fall asleep. Ha ha. Needs an exhaust and map to liven it up.

Hopefully all ok with MOT tomorrow.

Focus RS + S3
@Matt e
Lol!
Cheers for that, im looking to get an Otto one, ive currently got a smaller tickford model of the RS :)

But a LY and a bigger RS would look good
But thats a hefty price tag lol

Thanks to @Hodgins again for giving up some of his time again to change the gear oil again. Put some quality Fuchs oil in it.
d8ee3a3dcc5d324f2c92cc6af5e87420.jpg

The halfords crap was in there for about 5 miles. Ha ha.
Was the cleanest gear oil drop I've ever seen! [emoji4]
81b5e6ec2747517683859960d9120c2b.jpg

Had the biggest fright ever in the car when I jumped in and went to start the car..... clutch pedal was so loose it was just swinging free! [emoji33]
Turns out the clutch cable got nudged and slipped off the fork! I absolutely crapped myself and was massively confused all in one.
It was quickly 're fitted and tightened up a touch.

So I set about fitting a catch can I bought for the car. I had a temporary job fitted for a few k miles and it's caught nothing. Thought I'd get one anyway, for aesthetics mainly.
Had to come up with a solution for fitting it though. So had an idea for making a bracket.
5f893638930145e5ba5300cba9f5d19d.jpg

Had a random steel bracket and 're shaped and cut it to suit behind the coolant tank.
Turned out to be galvanized so a quick Google told me how to remove it. Used a tool box [emoji4]
5a09fd0042d6ce3267c98db45a281401.jpg

Trial fit
0af30dbfc865bce13916c2f20b6954f2.jpg

Primed and sprayed bracket satin black.

Had to make a custom bracket to fit the tank to the metal bracket too.
Decided it'd be best to fit a heat shield being so close to the manifold.
0c1b65d0a55318b9d9957ea19a66ae58.jpg

Few folds and cuts and soon had a heat shield shaped to suit. Sprayed high temp silver (which I don't like. Will do it darker in future)
c184725d7e7f833aff3ab2e3a959dc85.jpg

c4b4da0f440c970ced53fd480f92df46.jpg

3d51ed5326e675e7e96fef6b7bad1a26.jpg

Now need silicone hose instead of the awful transparent s**t supplied with the tank. Also need a permanent home for breather filter.
Quite a lot of work for something so pointless. Lol
So it's almost finished. Few little tweaks....

Cleaned number plate lens.
70dfe52fc767c943f9c00ce1e8f2e317.jpg

're sprayed my fuel guard.
fd12eb2cc31f2c8eb0404374441fa9d3.jpg

Looking to get a diy induction system too. Similar to fattys kit.