ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Llandow trackday. Bargain!!!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
At the time my Dad and I were looking to race his Westfield so I bought a full face fire proof one as obviously you can't wear open face in an open topped car lol.

;)

No that's fair enough. I meant if the organisers insist on a fireproof helmet.

Exactly!! I can see it now, 'my clio's caught fire, my body is burnt, but my face is still pretty' ...

I almost wrote something like that lol

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Just been reminded of this video.

Thought id post it to add some more fuel to the testosterone fuelled 'im faster than you' fire ...

'Talented' driver + clio 1.2 vs 'normal' driver in 172.

[youtube]T_M9dC3cwBQ[/youtube]

;)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Hehe^^^^

Im waiting for the official 'Im considerably faster than YAOW' comments to come out.
At the moments there is alot of shadow boxing and reputation questioning......oh how i love the banter.
At this rate Llandow could turn into a massive wall-pissing contest.....so to speak.;)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Hehe^^^^

Im waiting for the official 'Im considerably faster than YAOW' comments to come out.
At the moments there is alot of shadow boxing and reputation questioning......oh how i love the banter.
At this rate Llandow could turn into a massive wall-pissing contest.....so to speak.;)

Ha ha, banter FTW ... Will be interesting to see how the groupings turn out i suppose, some combinations will probably turn into a bit of a race to the finish lol ;)

You need to come though, stop being gay.

Don't fret, I'll be there ;)

Where are people staying the night before? Any cheap but decent hotels nearby?

DSC00960.jpg

(I got your text btw Tim, I'll get back to you later.)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Travelodge about 7 miles away IIRC. Bridgend Pencoed. Think we should descend en masse and get on the beers.....must be a pub somewhere close.

Think thats where most people will be going Ollie, I might go for somewhere else a little bit more quiet as i'm not keen on a heavy drinking night out before doing the trackday! You know what i'm like and want to feel half decent.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I wasn't talking about a proper sesh....just a quiet pint or two with some pre track banter mixed in.
Got any other accomodation ideas?

RenaultSport 172
There's a premier inn at the next junction (J36) Sarn. and it has a harvester, sainsbury,Cinema and a very big shopping center!!

182 has now gone!
Yep the girlfriend still wants to come matey, believe Clare (Ollies gf) is coming also. Is Mrs Dave wanting to come now? :)

I think I am coming along as Ollie said he will put me down as a named driver.. If he doesnt then I wont, not standing watching him drive round all day having fun! ;)

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
Cardiff bay, alantic wharf travelodge. £29 for the night for me and my g/f
:)

182 has now gone!
I think I am coming along as Ollie said he will put me down as a named driver.. If he doesnt then I wont, not standing watching him drive round all day having fun! ;)

I did say to him I am not bothered, so if its lads only that fine with me...
(be nice to have some peace! :approve:)

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
OK so what options are there? Seems as though people will be scattered across South Wales at this rate!

Travelodges:Bridgend Pencoed, Cardiff, Cardiff Bay. Who's going where?

C

clvs2222

Guppy, why aint you tracking?

Groups will be selected by car class mainly. Though when i do post the groups up, i will take suggestions on board about them.

ITB'd 182...
Guppy, why aint you tracking?

Groups will be selected by car class mainly. Though when i do post the groups up, i will take suggestions on board about them.

Cars not on the road atm so depending if it is then i will be on track :)