ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It's hardly worth its own thread but I gave the car its first proper wash of the year.

I didn't do a write up as it was the same process as I always do; wash, decontaminate, glaze instead of polish because I don't have time to correct at the moment, wax and dress the trims.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

FE864F84-9FC1-47C7-9CE3-4217CB451BFB_zpskf1eiklw.jpg

Proper pics to follow next Saturday on the area day drive out

I'll try and get round to correcting it some point this year but I'm properly losing the motivation for such in depth cleans. I need to correct it and get a proper sealant on it so I can just jet wash it every now and then.

RB Clio 182
Looks great mate and tbh im loosing motivation to give it a proper detail, I just cant be arsed like I used to, I used to really love it!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Looks ace mate.

s**t. I don't have time to detail a car before next weekend either!

Lol! You should've brought it round, double team ftw.

Which one are you bringing?

Looks great mate and tbh im loosing motivation to give it a proper detail, I just cant be arsed like I used to, I used to really love it!

Same. I'm properly starting to loathe it lol. I kept thinking to myself 'do it properly now, and you won't have to do it again for ages' haha

Part of the problem is storing and removing all of my stuff. I need more space or a garage lol

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Lol! You should've brought it round, double team ftw.

Which one are you bringing?

Same. I'm properly starting to loathe it lol. I kept thinking to myself 'do it properly now, and you won't have to do it again for ages' haha

Part of the problem is storing and removing all of my stuff. I need more space or a garage lol
Probably the Clio. It is a Clio meet after all. And it's smaller to clean ;)

You're welcome to use my garage sometime btw, if the 197 can squeeze it's fat arse through the door!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Thanks, sorry if a bit dense but what do you mean by fallout?

Iron filings from brakes. I'll try and find a pic for you

It shows up as little rust patches on top of the paint, it'll feel coarse if you glide your finger over it.

Spraying a fallout remover causes it to react, turn purple and bleed off the paint like this.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sorry for the late reply, been out and about this week

RS Clio 200
Hi, quick question, what products do you use for paint correction? My 200 is black and it's getting a few swirls. Not sure what to buy!

Cheers,

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Hi, quick question, what products do you use for paint correction? My 200 is black and it's getting a few swirls. Not sure what to buy!

Cheers,

I use G3 scratch remover for heavy stuff (sanding marks/deeper scratches)

Then the auto finesse polishes and pads (1-3 and tripple) for general polishing.

Are you using a machine? If so, the above will be fine (namely auto finesse #2)

If not, I'd just get a glaze which fills the swirls like auto finesse ultra glaze. Or auto finesse tripple which is an all in one, meaning it polishes slightly while filling slightly and protects the paint slightly.

Post pics of the state of the paint in here and people will be able to inform you of what to use better.

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/detailing-chat-questions-thread.651902/page-244