ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Magnex System - is it ok

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

You will probably find it will stick out more once its run it.
It looks about right, u would soon know if it was sitting on the p*ss.
But looks nice fella
What does it sound like? Is it loud?

[Edited by jph172 on 7/6/2005 8:13:41 PM]

Clio 172 Cup

^^^^ lol i know :)

phoenixy: i didnt fit it - got someone else to do it

jph172 - it isnt loud, its just nice - it puuuuurrs :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Its sitting fine, i jus dont thing the oval looks rite on the 172...Matter of opinion tho! White 17s! Drooooollll!

Quote: Originally posted by jpmad4it2 on 06 July 2005

only problem is that the backbox is rattling when i go over bumps
Itll be the pipe from the midsection to the backbox, you need to adjust the midsection mount up and push the heat shield about a bit.

Clio 172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by Pete on 06 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by jpmad4it2 on 06 July 2005

only problem is that the backbox is rattling when i go over bumps
Itll be the pipe from the midsection to the backbox, you need to adjust the midsection mount up and push the heat shield about a bit.

you were right mate ive just fixed that- i pushed the heatshield around a bit and re-formed it. Not rattling anymore now

Clio 172 Cup

im still getting a severe lack of power whenever i set off on a journey, it only lasts about 5 minutes but i can hardly get over 30mph - ive got my foot down on the gas but it feels like the brakes are being pressed. I can hear the back box rumbling and spluttering - anyone got any ideas why its doing this???

is it just a case of warming the car up for a few mintues?

OMG!

ITS COLD!

Wait for it to warm up.

Mine does the same, 5 minutes later its fine.
30mph a slight exageration?

Clio 172 Cup

OMG!!!

thanks!!!

i just wondered why it was doing it - I didnt want to buy a system to find out its f**ked

Clio 172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by Day on 07 July 2005

OMG!

ITS COLD!

Wait for it to warm up.

Mine does the same, 5 minutes later its fine.

30mph a slight exageration?

no 30mph isnt an exaggeration - i was in a 50 zone with cars up my arse and all my car wanted to do was f**king go slower!!!

exhaust looks nice iv always liked the look of the oval. but has anyone every cut the Oval magnex into the bumper a bit? i think it would look better IMO??

Clio 172 Cup

^^^Yeah i think you are right - but i think it would cause problems fitting the back box, as the pipe from the backbox to the midsection rises upwards and there wouldnt be any room for it if you raised the backbox up that much

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Mate i have the same problem..... I put mine down to fueling fooked with the air filter and exhuast

You drive along, and it shudders and wants to slow down a bit...

Fine after a few mins

Weeman sucks ****

Ive never had a problem with my south african stainless special, and its a full system with decat. Goes great from startup, of course, I always warm it up first lol.

Sounds weird that.

Clio 172 Cup

yeah i know i think i might get it checked out - its been ok for the past few days in the warm weather though - will see how i get on in the next few days

Clio 172 Cup

im still getting problems, even in the warm weather, and even with the car warmed up. It also seems a bit sluggish, even slower than it was previously to the mods. - now that cant be right.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Quote: Originally posted by jpmad4it2 on 09 July 2005

can u see the backbox from the rear?
depends if you get on your hands and knees!!;)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode

Quote: Originally posted by jpmad4it2 on 11 July 2005

im still getting problems, even in the warm weather, and even with the car warmed up. It also seems a bit sluggish, even slower than it was previously to the mods. - now that cant be right.
i beleive you have a de cat?, does the cat on these have a lambda sensor? i *think* it does (mine still has the cat fitted) maybe this is at fault, damaged become unplugged etc? My car is slightly lumpy and a wee bit hesitant when cold, but this clears after approx 1 mile

Clio 172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by gt_gaz on 11 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by jpmad4it2 on 11 July 2005

i beleive you have a de cat?, does the cat on these have a lambda sensor? i *think* it does (mine still has the cat fitted) maybe this is at fault, damaged become unplugged etc? My car is slightly lumpy and a wee bit hesitant when cold, but this clears after approx 1 mile

yes i have a decat fitted. And yes the decat has 2 lamba sensors. With the decat i was told to connect the first sensor up, and leave the second one (furthest from engine) unplugged from the decat, but leave it attached to the car. I was told to block the second hole up, which i did.

I have a emissions light on (which is due to the second lamba sensor being unplugged), but according to a few people everyhting should now be fine - but its not - im still getting th lack of power, or could it be a build up of pressure?

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

try connecting the second sensor, but dont have it in the exhaust flow, just sat cable tied under the car somewhere