ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Me and the Mrs (very blue!)

Hehe, dirty weekend...

48659798-M.jpg

48659805-M.jpg

Had nothing but trouble with the bloody MG, £1500 of warranty work done on 4000 miles to replace just about everything in the engine bay (just before they folded, thankfully) and then recently the electrics packed up which no one could figure out, then two weeks ago switching the heating on the switch just came right off, so it was left pumping out cold air!

When all is ok though its not a bad car, ride is wickedly harsh on the standard 17s but aside from that its pretty good...oh I forgot the interior as well actually, dash includes a cassette tape holder...the car came standard with a CD player, genius!

Mine cleaned up nicely after though...

48658547-M.jpg

Monaro VXR
my mate just wrote off his 25 on snakes pass between manchester and sheffield. Bloody lucky though had a blowout sent the car spinning as it was on a fairly sharpe bend at the time. good job he went into the banking though otherside woulda been the barrier to a few hundred feet drop and he wouldnt likely have been here for that one.

But at least he is off to buy a new car now...that isnt a rover

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
tape holder in a car with a standard CD player.

that just sums the ZR up for me.

Cup looks nice though. liking the carbon splitter. :)

www.renparts.co.uk
carbon copy said:
tape holder in a car with a standard CD player.

that just sums the ZR up for me.

Cup looks nice though. liking the carbon splitter. :)

the tape thing had me chuckling for ages.. just shows how old the same model is..... the facelifts are simply laughable. al 9293902392390909829023 of them! ;)

Hehe, amusing comments! The interior has to be seen to be believed, seats are quite nice but the dash is early 90s to the extreme.

I think an Integra Type R DC5 may be on the cards actually when the MG finally gives up. Tried to talk her in to getting one of the last unregistered Trophy's but she wasn't having it.

As for what is quicker, my honest answer to that is that the Cup is miles quicker, but she drives like a hooligan so would probably give me a good run for my money!

Renaultsport Clio 182
Not a fan of ZR's myself, just a tarted up old Rover. The Cup looks lovely though, nice plate too :)

Josh27 said:
Not a fan of ZR's myself, just a tarted up old Rover. The Cup looks lovely though, nice plate too :)

Plate was on the car, it came free with it. Not a huge fan of it myself, certainly wouldn't go out of my way to get one but as its there its grown on me.

I've had a few enthusiastic waves from other 'CUP' plated 172 Cups so it doesn't go unnoticed!

muz

big fat japanese bus
C172 CUP is out there some where

Would love to get my hands on it and C182 CUP

Racing blue - 182 Cup. Were you at Leekes last weekend??? My missus keeps on saying she sees a Clio with Cup in the number plate and said that she saw a blue clio with cup in the number plate at leekes. She was in her S2000.

trailerparktrev said:
Racing blue - 182 Cup. Were you at Leekes last weekend??? My missus keeps on saying she sees a Clio with Cup in the number plate and said that she saw a blue clio with cup in the number plate at leekes. She was in her S2000.

Got stripes? I pass one every day at about 8:20am, it goes through Westbury out towards Warminster way, I'm going towards Trowbridge.

I was in Melksham last weekend so it could have been me. Although there is another 'XXX CUP' around these parts somewhere that I see occasionally, my family, work colleagues and friends often wave at it apparently thinking its going to be me!

Leon Cupra R 225
MG's = :dead: Absolute pants. Worst new car Ive ever been in. And Ive been in Daewoo matiz's! :dead:

Clio Cup = Bloody superb!!! :D