ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mini John Cooper Works GP 0316

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Awesome!

I had RFTs until this year, swapped for some Goodyear Eagle Ays2 (265/30/19). Made a MASSIVE difference for me, far less harsh, better grip, just a tad nosier. Plus they are cheaper than RFTs.
Run flat Eagle Ays2's were the quietest tyre I've ever driven on.

Changing to none run flats made sod all difference on the 335d

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Quick question (sorry Waitey)
What's the legality regarding insurance on changing to non-run flats. A customer of mine as voiced a concern and seemed to think his insurance won't allow it

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What's the legality regarding insurance on changing to non-run flats. A customer of mine as voiced a concern and seemed to think his insurance won't allow it
That's nonsense of the highest order mate.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
That's nonsense of the highest order mate.

As I thought. Maybe I shouldn't of said legality. I do remember reading changing a tyre to say, a lesser speed rating or whatever could void your policy in the event of an accident.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Its fine.

Technically pattern part brake pads aren't covered.... no one cars.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It doesn't work on so many levels. People can have bald tyres illegal tyres and still get an insurance claim through.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Car friends @Feirny

11053221_10153605101292579_381487327134637383_n.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Went for an inspection II service at H R Owen today for the bargain price of £299.

It needs a cam cover gasket too but I'll do that. They lost my keys which wasn't funny but found them in the end.

Tech commented how clean it is underneath, I've not looked but he assured me it look like it hasn't seen much rain. I'll try to get some photo's tomorrow.

It is a good looking thing!

9938F34D-DDE1-4C4C-B4E9-AFE2C7E1C534.jpg

178DF08C-5C59-499F-B427-1FE99C62C0CE.jpg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hmmm, same as mine. I have a receipt for some eibach's but the ride height looks identical to yours, the springs themselves look identical and they don't have any writing on them that say eibach.

I don't think mine has eibach's.

I was s convinced my minis suspension was shot..... did a bit of googling and few mentioned tyres. Mine were due a change so switched to standard.... as said. Transformed! Was like a new car.
And I checked with insurance, all ok.

Bloody love this car waitey. [emoji106] [emoji4]

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I actually prefer the ride on the new Dunlop SP run flats I've fitted over the toyo non run flats it had on before.

Lots of people hate run flats but I can't see the issue personally.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
The dunlops on mine are old but all have 6mm so I'm loathed to take them off.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
What a struggle getting these out was! Car and seats are ready to be sold now!

12235111_10153746119717579_5187325409888919467_n.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Ah. I thought he was keeping it locked away and loved the thing. Money talks however.
I do love it and it is locked away but the money that's in it would buy me a bigger house. So I need sort my priorities.

An orange one
Properly love the GP1, the new one can GTFO though!

One thing however that would really bug me/looks stupid, is the 2 random red interior panels?

Y U NO BLACK?!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Sold this today.

A 50 year old woman bought it to add to her Mini collection. She came in an Awesome JCW which was also for sale!

11247803_10154109019592579_653991831676088574_n.jpg

I got £2000 more than it owed me. Top little investment.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
is that £2k just for the car or including the seats?

Cracking little car and investment by the sound of things. :up:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Nice! You got it fairly cheap IIRC though?
Yeah I paid £11500 for it with the other racaros. Sold the car with out the racaros for £12000 and the recaros for £1750.

So £2250 net profit but I had it serviced for £250 so £2000 overall. Not bad considering I had 4000 awesome miles in it.

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
Love the GP.Dont think I could use a MK1 though,be scared of ruining it

Love the new one,and wouldn't feel like I was abusing a classic.

Sadly can't afford one so will keep dreaming.