ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 F4R/172'd Track Car Project [Year 3 - Engine and Chassis Rebuild]

320d
Re: Mk1 Hybrid Project

What are you going to do about a cat for mot time then?

Use the origional cat you got with the hybrid? (well valver at the time)

Or could you fabricate it so that you use a 182 cat?

neither, i cant be bothered faffing with having more joints than i need to in the exhaust, its just going to be....Manifold-Downpipe-Exhaust....cant be bothered hacking things up to put flanges in to have a cat, etc....i can easily get an mot sorted ;)

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer

exhaust is identical to mine, i have that little centre silencer aswell, although i dont think it does a right lot!

exhaust is identical to mine, i have that little centre silencer aswell, although i dont think it does a right lot!

when you made a downpipe from the 172 decat, did it need length adding, or was it too long as it already was?

just trying to work out if i need any pipe to make it at the weekend or not?

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer

mine had some funky adapter join (think it was so the flange could be twisted and therefore fit to a williams aswell as a valver?) which came in very handy in joining it to the 172 decat

however i did have to chop the centre section down a little bit where it clamps to the backbox to get it just right (length and angle wise)

hard to explain really

Skoda Fabia vRS

finally you have washed the valver !!!

looks mint :)

p.s. is the top of the dash missing ?

Day 172-173

Quick update from the past two days....I re-painted the top part of the bulkhead yesterday, and the suspension turrets in body color. Sanded, primered, painted, clearcoated, looks alot better fresh. Everything else is hammerite again (Need to touch up round the turrets with a smaller brush), most of it isnt seen, hence why I did the top of the bulkhead nice, and not just slapped hammerite on...

IMG_2005.jpg

Also removed the tar, cleaned, then painted under the scuttle panel...

IMG_2003.jpg

Also found some thicker steel (3mm) to make a sump guard out of, so the past few days consisted of using alot of disks on the grinder, and bending, and drilling...Got it to the right shape today, then put some nut/thread insterts into the holes on the subframe, so it can be easily bolted on and off...

Cut to shape...

IMG_2006.jpg

Bent to Shape...

IMG_2009.jpg

Nut/Thread inserted..

IMG_2028.jpg

IMG_2030.jpg

IMG_2031.jpg

Then painted the guard, will post pics of it fitted next few days....

IMG_2017.jpg

Last job this afternoon was to get the engine + gearbox home...easy...

IMG_2012.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

Let the fun begin :evil:

Rb182cup+s2 rallye

looking awsome mate, im getting well down about mine really need it off the road to do some proper work can only do little bits :(

Day 174

Few pictures of the sump guard laid on top of the subframe as requested..

IMG_2080.jpg

IMG_2081.jpg

Anyway, todays jobs...Fit the steering rack..

IMG_2084.jpg

Fit the clutch...

IMG_2088.jpg

Then it was time for the subframe to go onto the car, but I was on my own...rig-up..

IMG_2097.jpg

IMG_2099.jpg

IMG_2103.jpg

Sorted....Brake lines re-fitted...

IMG_2105.jpg

Then fitted the volvo clutch cable brackets/fork onto the box, and fitted it to the engine...along with the exhaust manifold, new gasket and nuts...

IMG_2110.jpg

And not much longer later...

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2115.jpg

More soon...:evil:

Not done much today, just tidied a few bits up...got a few daylight pics, all three mounts now bolted up...

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg

320d

Nearly there Jord.

You've certainly been keeping hammerite from going bust this last month.

It will be worth doing it properly though.

When you looking to have it running? because getting it running correctly and iorning out niggles could take a week or two?