ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk1 Golf in brief so far

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
golfie.jpg

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
shes had her first bath and polish.. need to sort some leaky seals tho haha
after a polish,
a cople of reflection pics
IMG_6866.jpg

IMG_6867.jpg

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Love it, Want to see it with the BBS on!

I presume (Sorry if i have missed in the thread) you have some side trims to fit along the length of the car? Chrome?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
not chrome, black just wanted to get it all polished before i put them on as i have a habbit of putting polish on everything in sight.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well today i was up at 9am, in 29 degree heat (im not complainig!!) its got to the stage where there is loads of niggly little bits to do that done look like much.

biggest job was extending the original fuel lines and setting them up for the bike carbs.. nightmare!!! after several trips to halfords lots of cuts and bruises
lots of head scratching...

IMG_6889.jpg

we get this.. looks like nothing to 99% of the people on here but my god.. although i think the lower joints may leak a tad but we will see once the pump is on
IMG_6894.jpg

fitted the outer door handles, another nightmare as the bolts had gone walkies
and the trim clips.. i thought this would be fun... it wasnt

IMG_6897.jpg

battry tray secured in spare wheel well
IMG_6899.jpg

invisible :D
IMG_6904.jpg

IMG_6888.jpg

nd the daily, feeling so very left out
IMG_6881.jpg

getting used as a spare parts bin at last weekends bdc finals
14e9f994.jpg

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
93dd3139.jpg

better thn they looked before!! i get them bck tuesday but ill be in germany untill friday.. i want

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I swear some lad with an air'd A3 has new RS's. Like, brand new. Thought they were only direct order or something? ANYWAY. GET IT DONE SON!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
right o, took a different angle at the old bean today, start from the back and work forward haha

old badge... yuuuuuk
IMG_7093.jpg

new custom GT badge
IMG_7063.jpg

on the car... awesome i think
IMG_7069.jpg

rear bumper now on
IMG_7075.jpg

still waiting for the new VW badge to arrive should be here on monday as its been on back oreder for a while

IMG_7072.jpg

fitted the rear washer bottle and bracket, this is now routed to the front to act as the main washer source as the front one has been removed from the bay.

ive tried to clean it as best i can any ideas onhow i can make it look like new?

IMG_7078.jpg

IMG_7079.jpg

rear spats fitted

tidying up the mirrors
IMG_7070.jpg

IMG_7076.jpg

and started putting the side trims on
IMG_7090.jpg

wheels back from the polisher :D
IMG_7071.jpg

jake likes them
IMG_7057.jpg

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
im not going to be that anal untill its finished.. whos really going to look in the boot anyway lol

really need to find a speedo cable too :(

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
wrong one, i need a screw on one, now i have a coll3ction of push on ones, its either that or get new clock set.. humm

Clio
Right, I'm thick, but can't you just spray the washer bottle? Silver or something?

Progress at last! I've been reading this for ages and its good to see it coming together.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
ive heard rice and shake like a mad woman works well, will see, i suppose it doesnt matter too much seeing is the car isnt 100% perfect but it would be nice for it to look well

CBR1K, F21 125D
Aye, for 20 mins work it will be worth it.

I tried the rice one on my E30... did f**k all. And I tossed it like I was watching challange Anneka give it large on a trampoline.