ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk2 172 Vs BMW 323 CI

Alfa Mito 155TB

At lunchtime I had the pleasure of having a BMW 323CI convertible behind me turning right at a junction to go along a long straight country road near to where i live. We both went for it from the off...Things were fairly even until i got into 3rd gear . by the time I was doing 120 in 5th he was a good 7 - 8 car lengths behind.. At no time could he ever catch or over take...he wasnt happy.....I slowed down to the normal 50 in a 40mph, but there were no friendly waves or flashing of headlights from my Bavarian friend....maybe he was questioning my parentige as well.

I really enjoy racing BMW drivers above any other drivers on the road

they are usually so ignorant and beating them brings me a twisted contented happyness.:D

shouldnt be surprised by that they weigh a ton and even more if its the comvertible, still i know what you mean, its always satisfying to beat someone in a more expensive car

CTR EK9 turbo

How weird, i raced the exact same car yesterday! coming off a slip road onto the A3irstrip he gave it some toe, as did i, realed him in within seconds and blasted past with ease

Alfa Mito 155TB

This one was metallic blue, live in the north east...couldnt possibly be the same car..but all of the drivers usually look generically the same , like something from the matrix reloaded lol

Ive had a blast with an e36 M3 (non evo) and out paced him, he wasnt happy ;) and my car was poorly at the time (loss of boost over 4k rpm). I let him past in the end, no wave from him either (bad loosers are these BMW drivers me thinks ;))

Tony

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Quote: Originally posted by tumbleweed on 25 May 2003

This one was metallic blue, live in the north east...couldnt possibly be the same car..but all of the drivers usually look generically the same , like something from the matrix reloaded lol
Where abouts where you? I played with a blue 323i the other day just outside of newcastle?!?

upto 100 clio 172 will kill 323i ,however if your clio is like mine dont try to out pace them above 90 mph in 5th i was left for dead.crap gearing on the mk1 172 like lightning until you put it in 5th,cant keep up with dads v6 mondeo.

however if in heavy traffic doing about 70-75 and mr bmw gets right up your arse drop it into 4th and when cars infront move ..nail it!! lol bye bye mr beemer 330i will keep up if there awake anything else byye!!! ;)

really pisses em off having spent 30k on thier car,to get left stranded in the outside lane,looking like a gimp !

Alfa Mito 155TB

i do like the 330 and m3...but the rest are hyped and over priced....rather have an alfa romeo probalby than a BMW....just snob factor machines.