ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 Clio Dynamique S Project - midlands - coilovered - MASSIVELY PIC HEAVY!

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Cheers gaz:) I agree with you, the lime green theme will not be happening haha!

Kieran it looked perfect didn't it! I'm hoping once my adjusters are out i'll have the exact same stance (crossing fingers!)

After chatting with Kieran earlier i'm considering colour coding all my bumper strips as the next mod until i can find a 197 interior? Feel free to give your opinions guys!:)

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
If anyone has any recommendations of company's in the midlands who can spray my bumper strips (colour code) please let me know!

2005 Clio 3
Hi,
I am new to this site and just wanted to say I love the look of your car. It looks so good. I gotta say I'd have yours over either of your mates cars all day long, it looks classy! I hope you don't mind but I will be using your car as inspiration when I pick mine up Wednesday :cool:
Do you have a lower spoiler on the front ?
PS I know a good paint shop in Birmingham if you are interested? I have had lots of stuff done by him over the years and is very reasonable and I would recommend to anyone.

Last edited:
  MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Hi Chris,

so glad you like my car! I'm honoured that my car has inspired you to modify yours, hard work always pays off!:)
i don't have a lower spoiler on the front, just the standard splitter:)
would be great if you could give me some details about the paint shop in Birmingham, would really appreciate that:)

Hey Tom. The cansta alloys are 16's right? What profile tyres are you on? They appear to fit the Arch better than my turinis with 45 profile. Quite scary going from 60 profile to 45 in pothole season!

Superleggera'd MK3
Canastas are 16" mate and iirc he is running 195/50/16 but dont hold me to that :).

Dont forget though when u drop it in coils it will look smarter with a lower profile- 45 or 40 maybe (i prefer 45)

True. Thanks Kieran. Wont be getting new tyres untill after its lowered and alloys refurbed so I'll be able to better decide then as the brand I'm choosing do a wide variety of profiles for 195's.

Superleggera'd MK3
Yeah thats true, tbh, the quality of the tyre is more important than profile :) how much will refurb be?

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
They sure are 16's and Kieran is right, i'm running 195/50/16 hankook ventus prime2 tyre's:)

Kieran, you have a message in your inbox:)

Superleggera'd MK3
Yeah......was ignoring it ;) Nah will reply in a sec, was just doing a bit of research into it bud

I don't skimp out on tyre quality haha. Learnt my lesson already with that! I'll be getting 4 Vredestein sportrac 3's eventually.
Not sure how much on the refurb, I've heard anywhere from £20-40 a alloy. Still need to look into it more..

I'm also interested in getting a few bits colour coded as I don't have a Dynamique. Need the strips and bumpers like Tom done but to be honest on a black car the black plastic is less noticeable.

Last edited:
  2005 Clio 3
I will PM you with the paint shop details when I find the business card mate.

Kiefer, I would recommend Bournes powder coatings, digbeth Birmingham. I have had about 5 sets of wheels done by them and wouldnt go anywhere else now. City Powder coaters are cheaper (£25 per wheel), but not as good from examples I have seen.
Last set I had done were £35 per wheel but fantastic finish. I have some pics if required.

Superleggera'd MK3
Tom..... Do u have £320 quid spare.... If so.... There are some rota slipstreams being sold in the sale section.... If they are what i think they are.....they are cool wheels :)

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
I don't skimp out on tyre quality haha. Learnt my lesson already with that! I'll be getting 4 Vredestein sportrac 3's eventually.
Not sure how much on the refurb, I've heard anywhere from £20-40 a alloy. Still need to look into it more..

I'm also interested in getting a few bits colour coded as I don't have a Dynamique. Need the strips and bumpers like Tom done but to be honest on a black car the black plastic is less noticeable.

Highly recommend Vredestein's dude, my dads running them on his Z4 and they're excellent tyre's, especially in the wet & when cornering! Great value for money:)

We could maybe look at getting a joint quote from a place as we're both local to eachother? might get a deal?:)

MK3 1.4 dynamique s

Kiefer, I would recommend Bournes powder coatings, digbeth Birmingham. I have had about 5 sets of wheels done by them and wouldnt go anywhere else now. City Powder coaters are cheaper (£25 per wheel), but not as good from examples I have seen.
Last set I had done were £35 per wheel but fantastic finish. I have some pics if required.

Cheers chris!
I'm also looking to get my wheel's refurbed so will drop Bournes a call now! If they're good enough for your 5 sets of wheel's i'm sure they're more than good enough for me:)

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Drop me the pics once you see them dude! What colour you thinking..pink?;)

Joint quote for a refurb i was thinking?:)

I fitted them myself with some friends, the top nut on the rears was a bit of fun to get off but apart from that it was fine!
For tyres, go on: www.tyremen.co.uk order them to protyres in warwick, get them fitted there & get your tracking done at protyre in warwick too, they're fantastic and through tyremen.co.uk its an absolute deal!

Dynamique S TCE

Is that a refurb inc curbing repair or just a respray?

Sounds good Tom. I've heard good things about the place Chris mentioned. Will look into it more tonight. Funnily enough I was on the pro tyres website earlier in Warwickshire! I was looking for a place that can do really good allignment and their name popped up.

Good job with your coils mate. I don't think I'm experience enough to try it myself. Going to attempt to replace my brake pads myself soon lol

Oh I forgot to mention :)

WP_20130213_001.jpg

Last edited:
  MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Just called up Bournes Powder Coating, £30-£35 per wheel, the turn around time is 2-3 days and you need to take your tyre's off your alloys prior to taking them to them, they only deal with the alloy's, so will need a spare set of rims or if you can, live without your car for 2-3 days, certainly a good price though and Chris seemed very happy with their work!:)

Can't rate protyre highly enough, they're brilliant guys, Fred from BTM recommended them to me and I can see why!

Haha cheers, luckily my mate knew what he was doing;) Ooh goodluck!

Welcome to the low life!:drunk:

Just need them fitted now lol...

I don't have any spare alloys so that will be abit of a problem and removing the tyre for them is a pain in the ass as I would need to leave the car jacked up in a garage somewhere which they probably wouldn't appreciate when I'm only giving them a few quid for the cost of tyre fitting. Also I work 17 miles away :p

Dynamique S TCE
Just called up Bournes Powder Coating, £30-£35 per wheel, the turn around time is 2-3 days and you need to take your tyre's off your alloys prior to taking them to them, they only deal with the alloy's, so will need a spare set of rims or if you can, live without your car for 2-3 days, certainly a good price though and Chris seemed very happy with their work!:)

Can't rate protyre highly enough, they're brilliant guys, Fred from BTM recommended them to me and I can see why!

Haha cheers, luckily my mate knew what he was doing;) Ooh goodluck!

Welcome to the low life!:drunk:

As above, is this only for a refinish or does it include repairing scuffs and kerb marks?

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
This was for a full refurb including scuffs and kerb marks, however my alloys are not too badly scuffed so i'm assuming if yours were the price would affect this?

When I was at BTM in october last year for my service Fred mentioned he can do alloy refurbs through a friend who he recommends and can supply me with spare rims until they're finished, i'll call fred next week as I need to book my dads Z4 in for a service anyway so will see if he can get me a price, he's a fantastic guy if you haven't met him and he's the only mechanic (aswell as Zoltan - Fred's other mechanic) that I trust with my car:)

I could have won a set of clio steel wheels with tyres for £22 on ebay but I forgot to bid again as I was changing the disc brakes and pads on my car haha (never done it before and it was pretty easy. Saved myself £120!) I would be interested in that Tom if I could perhaps get spare alloys too.

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Damnn wish i saw them i'd have snapped them up and shared them with you dude!:p Atleast you've got new brakes now though, glad it was easy, i'll be doing mine when they get low:) I'll give Fred a call this week and let you know what I find out:) We should meet up at some point dude, i'm on half-term this week so off college!:)

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Don't do lime green things! It stands out enough as it is, in a good way.

Dont worry dude I won't be:) glad you think so!

Next plans are:

1) wheel refurb & powder coat in silver (same colour as they are now)
2) find a 197/200 interior
3) colour code door strips
4) satin black paint my 197 grilles

little update:

spend a good few hours on the car yesterday, she got a full autoglym deep shine polish, took a pic when I got home at 11:30pm last night, will put up more pics today:)
photo2_zps14ef906c.jpg

Also put in my new vibe slick tweeters, they're great for the money!
photo1_zpsd36c044b.jpg

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Right, it's half-term, we've got the week off college, so and me my mate thought we'd sort my grille's out because the standard renault colour is pretty damn naff. So, it's currently work-in-progress, quite literally! I'm sat typing this while we wait for the second coat of 'Halfords Satin Black Paint' to dry ready for the lacquer:)

photo1_zps6b6f1e4f.jpg

So, grille's removed, easy enough to do following BioHzrd's guide

photo2_zpsf888d254.gif

Sanded down and ready to prime

photo3_zps68d87136.jpg

Looking very well primed:)

photo4_zps498793d8.gif

I promise he's not a gypsy...but he is good with spray paint!:rasp:

photo3_zps9fd892b1.gif

Making good progress with the satin black:)

photo4_zpsde5ba966.gif

photo5_zps4778e807.jpg

Should be all done in a few more hours, more pics to follow once lacquered and back on the car:)

They still look grey in the pictures! Nicer than gloss though and I bet they'll look better when fitted.

Superleggera'd MK3
Good idea mate, look forward to seeing them on! Just found someone to fit my coilovers on sat morning so fingers crossed i will have it sorted/tracked/new weels on by sat night :)

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Just fitted them, and I think they look a million times better than they did previously. Really simple but effective mod IMO. Feel free to let me know what you think. :)

photo2_zpse8f8f4a5.jpg

photo3_zps99f44358.jpg

photo4_zpsbd791623.jpg

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
They still look grey in the pictures! Nicer than gloss though and I bet they'll look better when fitted.
They didn't when looking at them first hand, but I can see what you mean from the pictures haha!

Good idea mate, look forward to seeing them on! Just found someone to fit my coilovers on sat morning so fingers crossed i will have it sorted/tracked/new weels on by sat night :)
Hope you like the pics, I'm really happy with them! So glad you found someone to fit your coils, look forward to you putting the pics up :D

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Cheers man, it's all thanks to my mate Kieran (pictured above) all I did was supply the parts and he worked his magic :p

I guess this is what happens when I leave my mate on my cliosport account while i'm out the room..never again!

I promised I'd get some snaps now she's all polished with her new grille's so here they are:

P1010222_zpsccfa270e.jpg

P1010219_zpsaff42eaf.jpg

P1010220_zps05b96e6a.jpg

Let me know what you think, all opinions welcome guys!:)