ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 Clio Dynamique S Project - midlands - coilovered - MASSIVELY PIC HEAVY!

Looks great Tom! I think our tastes are very similar and it feels like I'm just starting to copy you! Could see myself painting the Grills to better blend in with the pearl black paintwork.

I am day off tomorrow and I don't currently have any plans other than fitting my rear spacers and posting some stuff so it could be possible to meet if you're available.

Kieran they look like the optional rear window tints that you could spec when the car was new. I have them too. Don't understand why the previous owner speced overpriced window tints and not things like handles on the ceiling for passengers to hold onto or backseat headrests lol.

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Looks great Tom! I think our tastes are very similar and it feels like I'm just starting to copy you! Could see myself painting the Grills to better blend in with the pearl black paintwork.

I am day off tomorrow and I don't currently have any plans other than fitting my rear spacers and posting some stuff so it could be possible to meet if you're available.

Kieran they look like the optional rear window tints that you could spec when the car was new. I have them too. Don't understand why the previous owner speced overpriced window tints and not things like handles on the ceiling for passengers to hold onto or backseat headrests lol.

Cheers dude, sure sounds like our tastes are very similar.

No problem, sounds like a great idea. I still have over half of the primer, satin black and lacquer left, so if you'd like to do your grills tomorrow I'm sure I could get my friend over again to do yours too? ;)

Yep you're right, tints came as standard on my dynamique s model (I believe)

Glad you like it Kieran :)

172 Flamer, BMW E46
Get the Back end down more :D!! and the front a little :D! looks very smart tho mate, i think i need to invest in a mk3 next!

Much better, I really do like the looks of this car. Please don't ever ruin it by doing something stupid! If you're stuck for modding ideas, they do look good with the rear bump strips smoothed out ;)

Cheers dude, sure sounds like our tastes are very similar.

No problem, sounds like a great idea. I still have over half of the primer, satin black and lacquer left, so if you'd like to do your grills tomorrow I'm sure I could get my friend over again to do yours too? ;)

Yep you're right, tints came as standard on my dynamique s model (I believe)

Glad you like it Kieran :)

That would be excellent mate and I could pick up some painting tips while I'm there as there is other things I would like to do eventually.

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Get the Back end down more :D!! and the front a little :D! looks very smart tho mate, i think i need to invest in a mk3 next!

Cheers dude, really glad you like it!:eek: It'll be sat a little lower soon once I take the rear adjusters out and wind the front down a bit more:)

Much better, I really do like the looks of this car. Please don't ever ruin it by doing something stupid! If you're stuck for modding ideas, they do look good with the rear bump strips smoothed out ;)

Thanks again Jesus, I will continue with my subtle theme of modding and if I do anything else they'll all be minor changes, i'm so happy with how it looks now, the satin black grille's have been a great success! I was considering smoothing the rear bump strips but i'd have to buy a new bumper when I do decide to sell up:/

Big thanks to Tom and his friend Kieran for spraying my RS Grill today. Was good to finally meet you. Will get a picture up tomorrow when it's day light!

No problem at all Kiefer! Kieran and I really enjoyed meeting you, hope your happy with your grilles!:)

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
photo_zps953ceb03.jpg

Eventually washed all my polishing cloth's ready for a huge detailing session once the weather improves!

Any suggestions on wax's or machine polishers from experience? I currently just hand polish with an autoglym or Meguiars polish after a wash and wax..

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Fortunately, I've stumbled across a set of these for sale, with rear seats and door cards, fingers crossed they'll be mine within a week or two!

Would love anyone's opinion as to whether I should get these!

Anyone who has them at the moment, please feel free to give my your view on comfort etc, would be greatly appreciated!

photo_zps3bd125c2.png

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
We had some beautiful weather in Nuneaton yesterday and my dad (the best man) is driving his best mate (the groom) to his wedding on saturday so I thought it'd rude if I didn't give the zed some time for a good wash and polish:)

photo1_zps11ed622c.jpg

photo2_zps64dcf6a4.jpg

photo3_zps1ba89e15.jpg

photo4_zps7ebb1df9.jpg

Apologies for the awful quality pictures, seems my iPhone is useless in comparison to a decent camera!

Update: In the process of hopefully buying a full 197 interior, watch this space:)

Superleggera'd MK3
Oi Garvey!!!! Found that list of things i was considering buying at work today....fell behind my computer.

Lambswool mitt
wheel brush
MF cloths

DJ Sour Power Shampoo
Trix (iron x & tar remover)
Bilberry wheel cleaner
Megs endurance tyre gel

want clay n that but dont know where to start and cant be bothered to pay for it :)

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Oi Garvey!!!! Found that list of things i was considering buying at work today....fell behind my computer.

Lambswool mitt
wheel brush
MF cloths

DJ Sour Power Shampoo
Trix (iron x & tar remover)
Bilberry wheel cleaner
Megs endurance tyre gel

want clay n that but dont know where to start and cant be bothered to pay for it :)

Lambswool Mitt - Yes
Wheel brush - Possibly
MF Cloths - Got too many already ;)
Shampoo - I've got 5L of turtle wax currently:p
Trix - Tempting, haven't used before!
Bilberry - I clean my wheels soooo much so I think i'd take the paint off with this;)
Megs - I'm on my 3rd bottle, LOVE the stuff!
Clay - I'm considering megs clay + lube or dodo juice born slippy + clay?

Also, for a polish, i'm using Autoglym Ultra Deep Shine but HD Wax seems to be very good? As does all megs waxes/polishes?

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Slight update;)

Just ordered:

- DoDo Juice Buff Daddy DA Polisher
- Meguiars Mirror Glaze sealant 21 (wax)
- Meguiars Mirror Glaze DA Polish 83 (cutting polish)
- Meguiars Speed Glaze Professional 80 (Finishing polish)
- Meguiars Lambs Wool Wash mitt
- More Meguiars endurance tyre shine (love this stuff)

More pics and details to come soooon! Can't wait for some beautiful weather and to get working on my car with the DA :D

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Despite the snow outside, I'm all prepared for summer, very very happy with what I've chosen to buy, cannot wait for the sun to come out so I can use all my new toys:)
e6cb61.jpg

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Really really simple mate, it comes in two parts with a screw on the back, great simplistic mod! You should get a project thread up for your car

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Haha yep that's mee:) what do you drive & what's your plate? Gonna have to keep my eye out for you now;)

black diesel clio with sport bunpers and purple TD's
reg is DU03DHN - remembered as dude by most people lol !
theres a few of us knocking about round here

Clio 1.5DCI S 106bhp
Lookong amazing! Protty much everything I was gonna do to mine :)

Nice to see what my final(ish) project would look like lol

I'm from the midlands too :) Worcestershire / Warwickshire way :)

Matt

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
black diesel clio with sport bunpers and purple TD's
reg is DU03DHN - remembered as dude by most people lol !
theres a few of us knocking about round here

Swear I've seen you around, gonna keep my eye out now! Are you based in nuneaton then?

MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Lookong amazing! Protty much everything I was gonna do to mine :)

Nice to see what my final(ish) project would look like lol

I'm from the midlands too :) Worcestershire / Warwickshire way :)

Matt

aw cheers dude! I bet your engine is so nice to drive, have you had it re-mapped? They've great potential!

We'll have to go to a meet, keen to see your car:)

Clio 1.5DCI S 106bhp
Yeah it's so smooth and having 6gears is amazing too :) and the MPG is insane! (Main reason I got it other then the look ;) )

Not yet, but as soon as she looks up to scratch I'll have it done :p

Yeah that would be good :) just need to get it all modded up :p only had less then a week and already started haha. Gotta love car modding :p

Woth your HID'S, did you remove the front bumper? Or just make spacw in the engine bay?

Renault clio 2005
Would love to see some pics of this car soon Wanna mod My dads dci in red dynamique s :) P.s The cornering lights are amazing when turning into a tight driveway mate :)

Clio 1.5DCI S 106bhp
  MK3 1.4 dynamique s
Yeah it's so smooth and having 6gears is amazing too :) and the MPG is insane! (Main reason I got it other then the look ;) )

Not yet, but as soon as she looks up to scratch I'll have it done :p

Yeah that would be good :) just need to get it all modded up :p only had less then a week and already started haha. Gotta love car modding :p

Woth your HID'S, did you remove the front bumper? Or just make spacw in the engine bay?

So jealous, i'd love 6 gears! what do you get on average to the gallon dude? I get around 35 with mainly town driving, which is good in my eyes:)

I actually don't have HID's, I have brighter Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs & SMD LED side lights, I am considering HID's after my MOT in a week's time though;)

Would love to see some pics of this car soon Wanna mod My dads dci in red dynamique s :) P.s The cornering lights are amazing when turning into a tight driveway mate :)

Can't praise cornering lights enough, I think they're brilliant! Got any plans for yours chaz?

yesmate, live in stockingford area

Ooh i'm literally 10 minutes away from you mate, will have to meet up at some point, would be good to see someone local!

Love this car............ I need coilovers, like yesterday..... ha ha

So glad you love it, thanks dude:D I really do love my coilovers, they literally transform the car!

Garvies got himself a fan club :)

You're only jealous baby:rasp:

Also, quite a few mk3's on here now which is awesome :)

Much nicer seeing more MK3's on here!

Clio 1.5DCI S 106bhp
So jealous, i'd love 6 gears! what do you get on average to the gallon dude? I get around 35 with mainly town driving, which is good in my eyes:)

I actually don't have HID's, I have brighter Osram Nightbreaker Plus bulbs & SMD LED side lights, I am considering HID's after my.mot in a weeks time :)

Average is around 55mpg that's with town driving too :) but like a dumbass yesterday, I reset the whole system insead if the trip milage :( so know it's reconfiguring everything lol. NEWBIE MISTAKES!!

O ok then, well I got my Whole HID kit today :p also my custom mats are coming too, sp they shall be getting put in the car :p

Fitted my wind deflectors yesterday too :p god they look good!