ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 225 Updates

BMW M135i
And in true renault style its broke again :(. Ok well maybe i'm getting a little over the top but the new master cylinder isn't the best one in the world as it squeeks more than your average hamster on ecstasy, oh well managed to get a warrenty replacement sorted just need to get the squeeker out and hopefully get the new one fitted and it best behave itself this time!! For the first time I think i've started to get fed up of it tbh, kept all light hearted and looked forward to fixing it through the whole clutch saga now i'm not so sure. First time i've felt dissillusioned with it all :(.

BMW M135i
Right, out from the archives this comes! Been a long time since i've updated this and its still going strong despite my last post, that was all sorted a few days after anyway. Done a few things since then so thought i'd finally update this.

Decided i'd spend enough fixing it last year and it was time for some new shiney bits, had a radtec custom intercooler with hardpipe kit come up for sale and couldn't resist so snapped it up and got down to fitting it.

P1020312.JPG

P1020313.JPG

Just to show size, this is standard compared to forge.

225_forge_vs_standard_cooler.jpg

And this is the radtec to the forge!

P1020316.JPG

Its a tiny one as you can see :rasp:.

Hot pipe to replace the standard setup.

P1020318.JPG

And the completed setup (more on this later, eagle eyes make spot it)

P1000173.JPG

Now that was all fitted last September time and it ran all fine through late last year so fast forward to early this year and decided the boost gauge looked all lonely there on the dash so decided to add something i'd always thought the car was missing from the factory and stick some oil temp/pressure gauges in.

So up it went (again :().

P1000024.JPG

And dropped the oil out of it to find whatever crap they've been mixing with the road salt round here to make it stay on the road has made it stay all over the bottom of my car :dapprove:. Good job its not a jap rust bucket with no corrosion protection.

P1000030.JPG

Stripped out the necessaries to fit the sandwich plate with the senders in.

P1000045.JPG

Finding this along the way :mad:, god only knows how long it'd been like that didn't seem to effect anything but had to repair it so more time/money/effort spent as per.

P1000047.JPG

Sandwich plate on with new filter (can't wait to try and get that filter off!).

P1000050.JPG

P1000048.JPG

Swapped everything over onto my new battery tray as the old one wasn't holding the battery very well (probably why the loom connection had broken tbh).

P1000058.JPG

And chucked 5.5l of Fuchs finest in it.

P1000059.JPG

Et voila! (need to get some better pictures of these really)

P1000221.JPG

P1000224.JPG

There was all the electrical jiggery pokery that went off too but didn't get any pictures of that, basically picked everything up I needed from the radio connections on the bypass loom I made so everything is easily removable and none of the original loom has been altered at all. All plug and play, and the clock surround is spare I got off ebay incase I hated the look. Don't expect everyone to like them but I don't think they look too bad tbh and work brilliantly so i'm happy.

M135i and the shed
Tidy install. Good work. :)

Would love an oil pressure gauge on mine but want it to read it through the OBD so i can just use the Scan Gauge.

BMW M135i
Next thing I wanted to do was reseal the leaking oil seperator its had for god knows how long, one of those things I always noticed and said i'd do but never got round to.

You can see in this picture where its been leaking onto the left and right extremes of it onto the cam cover and generally making the place look a state.

P1000140.JPG

Not bad for 60k either! (regular oil changes ftw!)

The other half of it.

P1000139.JPG

Then did something very unlike me and set about cleaning it all up!

P1000145.JPG

Also pulled the fuel rail and injectors as it decided it fancied a new set again.

P1000143.JPG

I'm sure they're breeding in there.

P1000172.JPG

Back to the job in hand got my favourite solvent out and went about cleaning the seperator up as best as I could. Most of the oil staining is permanent but as long as the faces were bob on for a seal I wasn't that fussed.

P1000151.JPG

P1000149.JPG

Same with the head side of things.

P1000152.jpg

It looks like cherry, smells like cherry, but it sure as hell aiiiiiiint cherry.

P1000163.JPG

Back together and torqued down in the correct sequence.

P1000164.JPG

Then refitted the fuel rail with new injectors and put everything back together (excess sealant was wiped off after).

P1000168.JPG

And fixed the best coolant leak you could hope for (if there is such a thing).

P1000170.JPG

During all this I noticed that the mounting brackets on the hardpipe had sheared off, now i've never been 100% happy with it anyway so I decided to refit the standard one for the time being. Thinking possibly going for a k-tec hardpipe kit to replace the lot once i've clarified a few things with them.

Can see where the brackets gone here in the bottom lefthand corner.

P1000173.JPG

So back to this, which tbh looks tidyier I think. Undecided anywho.

P1000176.JPG

Also some more detailed pics of the cooler fitted as they're abit light above.

P1000175.JPG

P1000180.JPG

P1000182.JPG

Weirdly I can tell the difference between the forge and the radtec, the end tank design is a lot better on the radtec and tbh it shows. Especially off boost, seems to spool up much more easily and have more off-boost pull than the forge did. Hey ho i'm happy with the cooler anyway just as shame about the pipes.

BMW M135i
Now as i'm a bit of a self confessed perfectionist I decided to change the fuel filler box and the clip that holds it firmly shut had broken off in the cold over winter. Now this doesn't actually keep the box shut as its spring loaded and its a £65 piece of plastic but it was annoying me :eek:.

So, old one out.

P1000032.JPG

And the detailers worst nightmare that layed behind (this was half way in between hosing it all out, this is clean compared to the start!)

P1000034.JPG

P1000039.JPG

Yum!

P1000040.JPG

New one is somewhat better.

P1000036.JPG

Then yesterday I embarked on a full on clean of the interior, always annoyed me how I couldn't get down the sides of the seats to get all the hairs and fluff out etc. Soon sort that!

Before

P1000183.JPG

P1000184.JPG

P1000185.JPG

P1000187.JPG

P1000188.JPG

P1000189.JPG

P1000190.JPG

And this is the point where the neighbours started to look at me funny for some reason???

P1000192.JPG

P1000193.JPG

P1000194.JPG

P1000195.JPG

P1000197.JPG

P1000198.JPG

P1000200.JPG

P1000203.JPG

P1000206.JPG

Then chucked the hoover at it.

P1000208.JPG

P1000210.JPG

P1000213.JPG

Cleaned and treated the seats whilst they were out. And no I haven't pissed myself whilst sitting in the seat, had got some zymol leather cleaner on the fabric and it decided to take an eternity to dry after.

P1000214.JPG

P1000215.JPG

P1000217.JPG

P1000218.JPG

P1000219.JPG

The mats let it down I know but I begrudge to change them as they're the proper ones for the car with the cutout for the floor compartment and orange stitching!

And thats its up to now! Hopefully have some more updates to post in the future (RussZS is coming to attack it :D) before it gets changed for a 250 fingers crossed :evil:.

Megane R26
Indeed :)

Great job on the interior btw! I'd LOVE to do that to mine, and replace all of the marked plastics... I could easily be as bad as you, but I hate my car more than I love it.

Whoever has this off you will get such a mint car.

Did you order those Eagles?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Great attention to detail..... Seats out to clean the car interior is deication.

Clio 197 cup
so you would def recommend miltek then as im looking for one for my 197, n the miltek looks like the best option at the mo?

Lovely stuff that man! And nice to see Russ having a hand in there and giving her the exterior she deserves!

BMW M135i
As said, its have some paintwork love In the shape of a detail from RussZS who I can't recommend enough by the way did an excellent job!

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=207751

But being the greedy b**ch that she is it'd decided that it still hadn't had enough expense and time spend on it :(. So it currently stands like this.

IMG_0616.JPG

IMG_0617.JPG

IMG_0620.JPG

Because of this:

IMG_0619.JPG

Its been leaking for a while but I never could find where from, mystery solved! Also had to replace a seized swivel hub on the passenger side. Unfortunately both of these problems are commonish and not cheap.

IMG_0611.JPG

Should have the new rad and a few other bits here tomorrow and fingers crossed it'll be back on the streets again with me near enough £700 lighter :(. Bloody thing, if I had any sense i'd get rid of it!

Still all this and 2 new front tyres it should be minty mint again for the ring in June :D can't wait!

BMW M135i
On a (hopefully! :() good note, booked back in to rstuning on Friday 13th May to have some uprated injectors fitted/mapped if paul can't sort my mine munching standard ones. Seeing as it likes s**tting on me anyway i'm hoping being Friday the 13th won't have any bearing. Gulp!

Will update as it happens no doubt.

BMW M135i
Yep was all done the day after that post but didn't bother updating, new shiney rad and hub all back in. Hub has made an unbelievable difference, amazing how you don't notice these things when the occurly slowly and it seem to be keeping all its vital fluids in one place now which is nice :).

I almost went for adding all the parts reciepts up over the last 3 years tonight but decided against it after I saw them all :eek:.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Cool, I imagine you've spent a small fortune on your car, especially since you seem to use all oe stuff. Your renault parts guy must love you lol

BMW M135i
Enough not to pay retail put it that way ;). I don't think adding things up is a good idea :eek: got to be pushing £4k or so I recon.

BMW M135i
Got a forge actuator and a ktec hard pipe kit on the way (hopefully) so should have a decent update next week to go with the injectors.

BMW M135i
You are kidding! There was nothing wrong with that R26 its got to be you lol. What happened exactly then? Obviously they recon its something serious?

BMW M135i
It's been stage 2'd since June 2009 dude, the injectors come with a custom fuel map and whatever setup paul needs to do to factor the actuator in. Going to fit the actuator on thursday night so I haven't got to faff in pauls car park, so thats 130 miles with no boost lol :(.

BMW M135i
Yeh probably but I don't see why I should pay someone to do anything I can do myself. Especially 2 bolts, a hose and a spring clip. No/low boost driving will be easy its all M1 for me, just chill and think of the MPGzzzzzz.

I'll be giving him near enough to £700 already so he'll be able to feed the kids ;).

BMW M5 & E36
Just had a catch up, I'd not seen the last couple of pages. Are the swivel hub bearings not replaceable on their own, hence a complete hub? Awesome design if so! One of mine was getting fairly bad too, just before I jumped ship.

Your injector collection is rediculous; I felt hard done by putting 2 sets in mine!

Fingers crossed things go well at Pauls :)

BMW M135i
Yep not avaliable seperately whole hub only, which means new wheel bearing to go with it. Can't remember exactly but hits around the £250 mark parts alone, then you have to strip the hub off the car etc. Think renault have been quoting people around £600 a side. Luckily my drivers side seems ok at the moment but i'm sure its only a matter of time, might strip it and regrease it before it get there though. Nice afternoon tiffling job.