ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 5 turbo 1 rolled

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
good man keeping it standard looking.

you going to turn this into a rebuild project thread? (hopes aplenty) ;)

oh and you might of guessed i took your advice, the 172 cup is long gone.. not long before christmas that top end noise was getting worse so shifted it on...God knows where it is now.

172, Tiguan
Very best of luck with the rebuild and glad to hear you got out OK. Put a cage in the rebuilt one though, seen to many rolls now and cars always fold at the A pillars, I honestly can't believe how lucky you were.

E90
fcukabout good effort, I aint seen one like that since roamer (where is he now) destroyed his 172.

Like Jon says Cage ftw mate, and a full one at that, that pic demonstrates that a half cage is exactly that. Thankgod for std seatbelts too, allow you to bend, if you'd had harnesses you'd of been propping the roof up with your noggin lol

'92 172, Lotus Elise
:eek:

no amount of stickers will cover that scratch! :D

once you have it rebuilt i'll be round with a magnet ;)

:eek:

s**t Alex! Ive not even looked yet..........

Edit: OMFG Mate, its f**ked!

A sad, sad day. Glad your ok tho bud.

RIP the T1

Gutted for ya Alex. Was a beast of a car, that. Glad ur ok though.

bloody hell alex...looks a bit of a mess chap

glad your ok, great shame about the r5, what the punters going to look at now...

F***ing hell Alex, glad you walked away.

Very glad I blagged a ride in that when I did, epic car, such a shame.

Gutted fella, as the others above have said.

Such a shame, but the main this is you are ok.

Epic car, was so much fun when you took me out in it.

williams 2,seat leon
noooooooooooo!, but this is the other side of motorsport, it not always flat out accident free. do you think you will re shell it or is it over for good?.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
glad your ok

looks nasty

cage in next time??

main thing is your ok and car is material

hope it will be back soon

Clio 220 lpg
Gutted for you mate and I know what its like but they should not alow cars to compete without rollcages. Hill climbs are very fast and more dangerous than tracks, good luck with the rebuild

clio v6
thanks guy's..will try and get a shell, but it will be all steel (turbo2) you cannot get t1 alloy panels any more.
i still fill up when i look at the car, but have to remember that i could have been looking DOWN at it now. (if you know what i mean?)

Clio V6 Mk2 255
thanks guy's..will try and get a shell, but it will be all steel (turbo2) you cannot get t1 alloy panels any more.
i still fill up when i look at the car, but have to remember that i could have been looking DOWN at it now. (if you know what i mean?)

You're right on the last point ...

But also consider you have enjoyed the ownership and labour of love that was that car and it is nice to think that it will rise from the ashes - so to speak ...

Martin

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
dear god i looked at the first page of pics and thought it better not be that and it was i love them cars shame you rolled it a defo get a cage.

Gutted for you Alex, but very pleased you walked away from it.

Still remember my trips out in this beast like it was yesterday, heck of an experience.

A few from happier times so people know what this beast looks like (and will again soon, hopefully)

265286292_E76j9-L.jpg

263825889_D3Bbh-L.jpg

223313135_tYNBR-L.jpg

BMW E46 330i Touring
Jesus, just seen this thread! Glad you're okay mate, gutted to see this. I love this car...

E87 118d M Sport
NOOOOOOOOO work your magic.....such a shame! but like people have said, lucky you made it out mate

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Iam really gutted for you mate. It looked really nice, and as you say i will be very hard to replicate the Turbo 1 alloy bits. Anyways one of my dads colleauges restored a Turbo 2. It used to be an old rally car, and the shell was battered. He reshelled it using at shell from a normal 5. And just moved over the fenders and the rear subframes and stuff. It is a big job, but might be worth considering.
This would probably be a good candidate.
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?s=348