ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio Cup Project. From Purchase to Present day...

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
Ok Mish :)

What kinda wax are you using on your car ?

You seem to know detailing a bit, have you tried CG's Wet Mirror Finish or Jetseal 109 ? :cool:

Hi mate,

we've used a couple of wax's on Mish's motor to see which gives the best protection, Autobright Cherry wax, Poorboys, Dodo Juice, but the best one has to be Colinite 476s, coupled with Carlack paint cleanse its a winning formular....
noticed today a few marks appearing back in the clearcoat, think a hit with the rotary polisher and lime prime is in order ready for the summer months... then we'll get the Swissvax out.. :)

EP3 Civic Type R
The guy is wax crazy!....

I spotted some marks on the bonnet too once you'd left today Parky- I think one of the idiots at work has put a cup or there hands on my bonnet (which they have been known to do with other cars) so I think the rotary sounds like a perfect place to start! :)

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
WHAT?!......sigh......
no worries...will pop us next weekend, probably sunday (got a valet on saturday)

and yes, i do love my waxes....lol

EP3 Civic Type R
Bin a while since my last update.

3/4 weeks ago I painted my wheels gloss black

16.jpg

13.jpg

and also re-painted my engine to match

15.jpg

11.jpg

EP3 Civic Type R
Last week I then changed my dogbone mount bushes to poly ones. Some people experience hard vibration or no change- I personally think it's the best £35 I've ever spent!

IMG_2136.jpg

I also got sick of constantly applying plastic shine to all the front end plastics, so I also sprayed them gloss black (Parky also did his fair share of spraying over the weekend on his car and on some of my parts, whilst I helped a friend paint his wheels).
Didn't put too much lacquer on so the front end looked tacky, it has just got rid of the 'plastic' look at the front.

Painted

Front upper grille
Lower Grille
Fog Surrounds
Badge Mount

IMG_2141.jpg

IMG_2164.jpg

And I cleaned the front end up whilst the bumper was off

IMG_2132.jpg

IMG_2134.jpg

I'll get a 'full frontal' oooh err, tomorrow

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good! I love the powerflex mod too! Makes the box feel so much better. Oooh err :p

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
thats going to look pretty good with the new black bits on the front...pics asap please!!

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Got Burp to fit the powerflex mount to mine over the weekend. Whilst he was at it got him to fit the two vibratechnics/k-tec uprated engine mounts to mine. Car just feels so solid now!

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
interested to see the front plastics - I've always been a bit wavy on the old painting of them!

koi

Audi S1
Nice work, good idea painting the front plastics. Hopefully it won't chip and crack. Did you do the rear insert too?

EP3 Civic Type R
Quade- I've got the 2 gearbox mounts to go on, then will look at getting one of the new top mounts from K-tec! I don't do enough hard driving to worry to much for the time being I don't think

Fingers crossed it won't chip- if it does, I'll start again! I did my splitter 2 weeks ago and that's held up fine! It makes the car looks miles better (imo). Rear insert has been done a while now and is holding up fine.

shine2.jpg

Ben, which products matey? Paint or cleaning etc??

Few new pictures. Tried some of Parky's very expensive new Valentine wax. It's amazingly expensive and amazingly perfect in every way. Water will not stay on the car and the shine, as I'm sure you'll agree is amazing. It now has 1 coat of poorboy's wax, 2 coats of cherry wax and 2 coats of Valentine's wax on :)

shine1.jpg

shine4.jpg

Last edited:
  EP3 Civic Type R
I love the way everyone assumes your a guy Mish!!! lol

Great car still!! :)

I'm going to have to buy a fluffy kitten to stick on the top or something lol!

Cheers for the nice comments guys :)

Jat- they are the standard 16'' Turinis matey

koi

Audi S1
Will need to keep us updated on how the front plastics hold up, I hate having to keep applying ag bumper care to every little square!

Was it easy enough to do? Just he usual sand, primer, paint and then lacquer?

Yozza'd Titanium 182
i think the 2.0l 16v badges and front badges look great! may i suggest the "renault sport" badge on the boot to be upgraded to the one from the 197?

L

leeboy182

looks totally stunning!!! How easy was it to remove ya grills at the front matey??

Bumder With A Buffer
yo Mish fella ;) lol

What paint did you use on your engine?? I used some hi temp stuff recently and it looked w**k!

EP3 Civic Type R
yo Mish fella ;) lol

What paint did you use on your engine?? I used some hi temp stuff recently and it looked w**k!

Lol Hi!

I just used normal paint. I've used it on engine's before (even on my old RST which got uber hot) and it never flaked/peeled. If anything, I find some of the high-temp paint really hard to work with.

Halfords paint is really good to work with and will stick to most things with just a little prep!

Guys- thanks for the nice comments :)