ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my clio (feedback on it welcome)

Beetle

i wouldnt put much else on it tbh, id take off the visor, the washer jet neon thingymabobs:sick:, and id put the original lights back on, apart from that i really like it, not seen many in that colour:)

im not a fan of the lexus lights, or the sunstrip, silver wipers,red calipers, neon washers jets (why people buy them i dont know) or the sport badge on the boot.
other than that its nice (sorry for saying it like it is, you asked for feedback on it)

V70 d5 beast

i know the renault sport visor is bad its a bit krooked, im geting a new once sometime soon,

well all that im gonna do to it is a new front splitter, side skirts and a new spoiler,

im glad your telling the truth as i dont mind negative feedback, i just do it to my own personal style like its a different colour so you dont see many about.

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

2 things

1, DONT put a sport badge on anything lower than a 2-litre because your never live it down

2, Why buy a 5 door if you was goin to modify it???
(no offence mole ;))

V70 d5 beast

lol i was waiting for someone to point that out, im fine with itthe guys at the garage all like it lol,

i bought a 5dr as it would be easier to sell afterwards, eventhough im modifing it, its still much easier to use than a 3dr plus you dont see a 5dr modified lol, its unigue and thats what i like about it,

im waiting for more negative feedback lol keep it coming i dont mind

i see "mole" has a modded 5dr aswell lol

V70 d5 beast

thanks but i dunno what im gonna do at the rear though? with the neons as my exhaust will be in the way? lol

do you like the silver spray paint on the grille?

V70 d5 beast

i dont use the washer things much just there for chrome styling, as im trying to do a chrome theme with my car so the sun strip is staying lol

Yeah, see whatcha mean about the exhaust. If you get an led kit with a widespread angle, stick the tube above the exhaust, hopefully, if the spread angle is good enough, you wont get a big black spot in the light where the exhaust is. Just stick a bit of that heat shield on your tube where itll be close to it and jobs a good un.

V70 d5 beast

yea could do, im not gonna get the tube neons as they break, ive got the led rope neons much longer length and just as bright,

V70 d5 beast

have you lovered your car atall? it needs it lol but yea your looks good like the painted grille aswell

what spoilers that i was thinking of the renault doubble spoiler but i dunno

you said rear but thats a pic of the front lol

i may get a spiltter for the rear but it depends if it clears my exhaust as my exhaust is different to everyne elses havent seen another one like it yet?

Golf R/Leon FR

tbh i think it all looks w*nk, neons look chav as does the washer jets, and lexus lights, needs lowering and would definatly take the sport badge off.

only thing i like is the colour

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

They do a nice carbon spliter for the frony which im after, which can be used on the back as well but just needs cutting around the exhaust.
For the rear i meant a spoiler likie that- its not too o.t.t in my opinion and blends in well.
I picked that picture as it was the only one i could manage to upload from photobucket. lol
I also use to have neons on my 1.2 16v.
They were siliconed on so were easy to take off, they were blue/purple in the same tube- looked the nuts at night.

[Edited by jph172 on 8/29/2005 10:58:27 PM]

V70 d5 beast

lol it is lowered!! its lowered with 40mm apex springs theyve only been on there about a month.

well at least i got everyones aproval on the colour lol:)

Sorry but i really dont like it, looks very cheap imo.

I dont like the rear lights, washers, wiper spoilers, 5Dr, sport badges.

Wheels r ok, but look small!

500bhp Scoob

Quote: Originally posted by jph172 on 29 August 2005
2, Why buy a 5 door if you was goin to modify it???
(no offence mole ;))

None taken ;) besides mines a special one lol, well will be soon once i get my arse in gear

Looks terrible, why waste your money modding a 5 door 1.4 Clio? You have made it looks worse than standard, id be embarrassed to be seen in/driving that car.

BMW E46 330i Touring

Have to admit Im not a big fan, looks a bit tacky if Im totally honest. Id strip it of all the mods, keep the wheels and stick on some coilovers. The colour could look really effective.

2004 1.2 Dynamique

Quote: Originally posted by cat171 on 29 August 2005

im not a fan of the lexus lights, or the sunstrip, silver wipers,red calipers, neon washers jets (why people buy them i dont know) or the sport badge on the boot.
other than that its nice (sorry for saying it like it is, you asked for feedback on it)
I agree with cat take off all the little tacky mods and it will look good

Ziel Nurburgring

Cant find a single thing i like on that, sorry mate. Looks like your rides been pimped by Stevie Wonder.

The exhaust is a std renault fitment isnt it?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

the exhaust seems like it sticks out too much to me. the sunstrip shud go along with the sport bage, the lexus lights just dont suit the car in my opinoin looks odd with that colour but not as bad as on a black car at least. Fair enough if u like it, but seems like a lot of mods are cheap stuck on ones, and unfortuntely it shows. Colour is nice though!!!

Octavia VRS

I think it looks alright mate, again Id agree with taking off Lexus lights, sunstrip, sport badge etc but once this is done you will have a nice car

Black Clio 182

that car is way to chav for my liking.

why have neon washer jets!!!!......... the grill looks crap imo, lexus lights dont suit the car at all. not to keen on the exhaust either lol so dnt like the car at all really.

V70 d5 beast

well i can see you guys dont really like done up clios then lol

but good coments, and i like it how it is lol

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!

i like the colour and the colourcoding, i like the wheels and the calipers. i dont like the cheep stick bits that most people have already mentioned.

Abarth 500

I always stop myself posting negative comments because its harsh to be mean about someones car who has put a lot of thought, time and money into it...

BUT,

It doesnt look like you have! It appears that youve just bought every available piece of stick on rubbish that you could find in your local Halfords and put it on a five door clio. Theres no continuity or style to it - just lots of easy, chavvy stick on bits!

Glad you like it though :D

Clio 182, OctaviaVRS

4-Door Modded Clio
Lexus Lights
6 x 9s
Neons
Renault Sport Sun-Strip

All the things i expect to see at a McDonalds car park, sorry mate but all these above things spell "Barry" and i know what sort of reaction it would get among most over 18 Year olds i know that are into cars.............

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Probably not my cup of tea m8, but the only thing I would definitely take off would be the Sport badge off the boot.

Thumbs up to you though - youve come on here and asked for honest opinions and took both the good and bad points on the chin. :D

D.

V70 d5 beast

good im thinking of changing my grille for a ms designs one? what if i got a turquoise sunstrip to match the car that may look better than the silver one?

im thining of getting these skirts from k-tec? i e-mailed them and they said they can get them in 5dr versions for the same price. http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1179http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1179 the street skirts or the

koncept skirts? http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=261http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=261

any opinions on these as i know you guys like to be honest lol:)

I think you have taken criticism well mate, a lot of people would have probably retaliate with a barrage of expletives!
IMO if you dont want to remove all the mods, at least loose the lights and sport badge.

K-tec skirts would look cool on your car but loose the sunstrip all together as people will tend to think CHAV.