ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Mk1 Clio 16v Project

williams and trophy
shud be an animal wen done mate........couldnt live with flans round oulton at all....til it came to the corners ;)

Williams20V-306BHP
shud be an animal wen done mate........couldnt live with flans round oulton at all....til it came to the corners ;)

Thats coz your a Nutcase :p im surprised they didn't kick you of, some of the marshalls did not look happy lol

i've just sent Craig some pics so he may put one up ;) here's a little teaser... its in there somewhere ;)

Attachments

• IMG_0177.jpg
    IMG_0177.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 155
  williams and trophy
Thats coz your a Nutcase :p im surprised they didn't kick you of, some of the marshalls did not look happy lol

i've just sent Craig some pics so he may put one up ;) here's a little teaser... its in there somewhere ;)

lol.....aim of the day is to have fun.....hehe

so wots a little tyre screeching on a track?? must buy some semi slicks i think lol

[youtube]D4DTYrE3pWw[/youtube]

nowt wrong wi that is there??

Williams20V-306BHP
mint video that!! Good times!!! I still need to find the video when I wasn't pissin about n actually did some flatout laps! I do miss that car n after finishing Craigs makes me wanna build a new project ;)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
got some better photos today!

Havent had chance to do much since i got it back, other than fit the 1.2 steering column.

Need to sort a couple of bits, then it is being shifted onto the backs where it shall live for a while until its done!

will update more once I get cracking with it!

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0133.jpg

DSC_0134-1.jpg

DSC_0122.jpg

DSC_0127.jpg

DSC_0125.jpg

ValverInBits
have you tried to fit the rad with that oil filter on? Doesent look like it'll go in the standard location. Filter relocation kit an idea?

More pics of engine mounts and subframe :)

MERCEDES CLS AMG
They go but you have to bring the rad out by an inch ( towards the front of the car ) and then fit a Renault Kangoo fan motor with slim line blade. This leaves you with about 2mm of space between the filter and rad.

ValverInBits
They go but you have to bring the rad out by an inch ( towards the front of the car ) and then fit a Renault Kangoo fan motor with slim line blade. This leaves you with about 2mm of space between the filter and rad.
Did you do a MK1 20v aswell as the MK2 then?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
haha Matt! You will always be the original!!

Mark, Filter relocation kit may be required I think, will have to do some measurements, I know flan relocated on his, but if there is another option i will look into it!

i have bought an evo 3 intercooler but its aftermarket (never said that on the advert) so should be swapping with my mate who has an evo 2 for his OE one!

MERCEDES CLS AMG
Building one myself at the moment but in a ( dare i say it ?? ) Audi A3 :eek:

Just bought the car and aiming for silly hp ( strip use of course )

535d / t5 caravelle
awesome beast, hope one day someone is offering this conversion as a drive in drive out, for reasonable dosh, or theres enough of them been converted that there will be a few up for sale at some point.

ValverInBits
That is an excellent solution for the gearbox mount mate. Top job!

Just been trying to work out the best way to mount mine.

ValverInBits
Any updates on this?
Have you managed to get the gear shift cables on with your N/S engine mount being there?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
hi mate, no updates as of yet, other than its booked in with my mate over the next few weeks to get everything finished off and up and running! will keep you updated!

how you getting on?

ValverInBits
how you getting on?

Made subframe mods. Just getting the engine mounted atm. Been trying to source some steel sections for the job, in the end found an ebay shop that'll do pretty much everything I need. Think I might get on the phone to emerald pretty shortly, see how much that's gonna set me back :(

Just a quick question tho.... Your N/S engine mount. Where you've mounted the VAG mount to the car, did you have to grind down to seat the mount properly? I've been looking at it, and I think i'm gonna need to grind right through into the arch to get the VAG mount to sit properly?
should be worth it in the end :D

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Ill check about the mount mate!

I've contacted emerald regarding the ecu and mapping, wonder if they'll do a discount for two!?