ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 172 Cup track car.

225 meg
You have a good day then gaz, car looks great on track mate bet you had the biggest smile of the day you've done some job with the car fantastic setup ;)

Took the little beauty a spin the other night after fitting the cage and I must say truly epic, it offers so much confidence going into coners its unreal and at high speeds it feels planted and stable

Good job my man keep it up :race:

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I came along to yours after Knockhill but the wee man said you were sleeping! Thanks again for fitting that cage mate, you done a great job.

Some spreader plates for the inside would be lovely.. ;)

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Love this pic:

null_zps563b0415.jpg

Also, a pic of my old GTI-6 taking the 'Touring Car' line through Butchers/Chicane:

null_zps19e23a66.jpg

clio 182 turbo
how do you find the clio from the 306 ,i have just started to do my clio track car and sold the 306 .

cars looks ace .

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
how do you find the clio from the 306 ,i have just started to do my clio track car and sold the 306 .

cars looks ace .
Make no mistakes about it, the GTI-6 was superb but it was a little soft and lacked top end speed/power.

I was contemplating taking it out but I've marked my roof a bit, taking the roof tar off. Last thing I want is to damage the quarter panels.

Just spray water over the outside every now and again to keep the paint cool. Or even get the Mrs to hold a damp cloth on it. Worked fine with mine.

225 meg
I came along to yours after Knockhill but the wee man said you were sleeping! Thanks again for fitting that cage mate, you done a great job.

Some spreader plates for the inside would be lovely.. ;)
Haha aye mate went for some beauty sleep was out on sat night for some drinks so was recovering, aye when a get the chance I'll make up some new plates for you

So how did Michael enjoy the cup out on track?

225 Cup & Williams
Much are you having to plough into it? Did you sell the 225?

Just needs belts & front discs/pads. Going to fit 172 cup shock and sportlines and track it. Should get a good laugh out of that suspension setup.

Nah still got the 225 can't see me selling that.

Mini Cooper S JCW
Great pics! Cant wait to get mine up there for a blast. I'm sure iv seen that cossie at knockhill before.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Cheers boys!

Ordered replacement pads and the car's booked into ProGrip next Wednesday to get a full geometry set up.

Range Rover Sport
Great thread 'GAZ', how much weight would you say it's saved taking the interior out?

Also on that note how heavy was the roll cage? I know they are not light but obviously safety should have a compromise.

Thanks.