ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new 197 F1 #489

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Hi Everyone,

I am newish to here and I got my car yesterday and thought i would give it a clean today.
Method was:
Snow foam lance
2 Bucket Method
AG SRP
AG EGP
The Rude boy wax

Only managed one coat of each as it looked like it could rain any time.

Pictures were taken on my n95 so quality is not amazing and the sun didn't bother to come out either :dapprove:.

I am very happy with it so far.

30052008003.jpg

30052008004.jpg

30052008005.jpg

30052008006.jpg

30052008007.jpg

My attempt at some reflection :oops:

30052008008.jpg

30052008009.jpg

Can anyone recommend a good polish and wax combo for racing blue.

Cheer Guys

Last edited:
  b/g 182, meg tourer
can't help you with good wax/polish for racing blue, christopher or makevelli will prob be able to help you with that, looks like your doing a pretty good job to me tho!
stunning car!

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Thanks for all the comments guys, i will look into the wax in more depth soon.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Awesome dude :) They're so much fun aren't they hehe!

Inferno Orange 182 FF
these are deffo growing on me!! a girl at work had a blue and i didnt like it but seening your pics and another blue one on here im impressed :)

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
Thanks again for all the comments.
I wasn't to sure on the colour from all the pictures on the internet, but when i got there and saw it in real life i had to have it.

Awesome dude :) They're so much fun aren't they hehe!

Yes they are, it is immense compared to my old 1.4 saxo. It is just better in almost every single way (Only cost is it's downfall)

How do you think it compares to your Vee or can you not really say as you shock was knackered.

Also one thing i have noticed is that after about 5500 rpm there is like a metal vibration noise, i have heard other mention this but never really found out an answer. Is it ok or should i take it to a dealer?

ST
Awesome matey...they are so much fun to drive!!

Are you the first owner??

No metal 'vibration' from mine at 5.5k...once it gets into its stride at the top of gears at over 7k theres a sort of 'buzzing' but this seems to be standard across the board on them..

Strell

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman JCW
No not the first owner, he got it in Feb and now wants a R26.
Yeah it is more of a buzzing sort of noise, may be i don't need to worry then.