ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Blue Oval Project...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I wanted a better title... i'm slacking :(

4 cars, 12 months... and here's another! A tad excited about this one for some reason although I do feel about 18 driving it.. i'm currently not giving a f**k though.

Uber spec, most sought after colour, 170bhp, £200 a year insurance, 40mpg (46/47 on Yesterdays 450mile drive). All for the price of a night out with Paul Gascoigne.

9422133843_e1265344bf_z.jpg

9422156075_a3724d8305_z.jpg

9424913390_fbaf2376e1_z.jpg

OMG IT'S DIRTAAAY!

9422147813_d86c381855_z.jpg

9424921764_f43f2f7233_z.jpg

9424921764_f43f2f7233_z.jpg

9424930988_efba6affbd_z.jpg

9424939650_883bf27746_z.jpg

OMG SWIRRRRRLLLZZZZ....

9422164933_6ae923a4b4_z.jpg

Spec:

Full Milltek exhaust, air filter and decat.
Ford supplied Eibach springs.
Oe factory fitted inbuilt satnav, voice activated bluetooth iphone-iPod connectivity/handsfree etc.
Electric heated, power folding mirrors.
Heated front screen.
Climate control.
Auto lights and wipers.
Factory fitted rear privacy glass.

Just every box ticked from factory apart from full leather and a sunroof. Really wanted to avoid leather. It's worth quite a bit more than what I paid for it, to the right buyer anyway but it'll be here until after xmas anyway.

Lots planned to get it up to my standard, list tem later, oh and it's going to bleed like a b**ch, the iron in the paint is mental!

Yeah so eh, chavtastic!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
You look about 18....lol
Nice buy matey, I like these....Lots. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
i really like it! im a chav at heart tho :cool:

Lols. You can have a play with this one. ;)

Looks nice.

I even called it in your Pooma thread.

:)

Cheers Jay. You did call it!

You look about 18....lol
Nice buy matey, I like these....Lots. :)

Cheers mate. Surprised as many like it, had so many positive comments. The exhaust system is utterly superb, i'll grab a video at some point.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Yeah I know and I'm 37, should be old enough to know better...lol

I'd love one for the misses to run around in as they are such a cool car and I'm a big fan of it in white. :D

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Possibly mate. Silver looks too plain I think with White.

It's needing a refurb anyway possibly dark Anthracite or Black again.

Black helps the wheel size as 17's are quite big. I'll grab some centre caps before refurbing and get them done also.

The colour looks immense, even just now at dusk. Stance is superb.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Nice car Gally. How does it compare to the trophy you had? I think these are great looking cars, my mate had a green zetec s and it came with full leather seats, it was such a good car to drive (driving position is better than Clio)
I imagine the ST to be even better

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Honestly? I prefer it in nearly every way. Apart from out and out handling, although eibachs, 16s and some decent rubber would see it be just as sharp and as fun.

Obviously the Clio is a tad quicker but real world could you actually tell? No chance, although i'm not "a driver".

I had an ST years ago but it was for such a short time I never got to bond with it or gauge it but after driving them on and off through work and my Brother I got to bond with them a bit more.

The steering (probably helped by the wheel size), gearchange, build quality, driving position, comfort, refinement, toys, insurance are leagues ahead of the Trophy.

Last edited:

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I like it, i've always thought they looked good on the road,
although is there something wrong with the front of it?

I thought the same too Dave! Lol

I wouldn't mind one of these to be honest, would need to be modded to sort the power out :)

How much do they go for roughly now?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I like it, i've always thought they looked good on the road,
although is there something wrong with the front of it?

Lols. It needs the grilles done first and new lower splitter. Looks better from the back. Was just a couple of quick shots.

It needs cleaned! Always laugh when I buy a car, such a blank canvas for detailing.

Rubicon_

ClioSport Club Member
In what way? Have you driven both?

As a drivers car, standard vs standard, the Trophy wins hands down.

No mate and I can't comment on how the ST drives, it's just the image I'm not a fan of. Just a personal thing I think because its all chavs around here that drive them.

£200 insurance wow man, sooo damn cheap!

I'm sorry though mate, much preferred your FRP. It looks OK, but the ST is too much of a boy racer mobile.

M2 Comp
Very nice.

I love these, I had one and have had a few cars since, yet the ST is the only one I miss. Mine never got anywhere near 40mpg though..

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Are you planning on swapping the wheels for 16"? I like both ST and the zetec S alloys. I think they look good black too, especially against that white paint

Don't fancy any thick blue racing stripes? ;) jokes

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd like to try an ST just cos I want to drive every car ever made but I'm afraid they don't do much for me Kev. Its fine, looks clean enough, no doubt goes well but I can't imagine being passionate about it. So long as you're happy.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Love the colour, but those black wheels are major fail and McDonald's street racer image.

Standard engine, I thought these were quite boring to drive so hopefully the little extra will will wake it up a bit.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
£200 insurance wow man, sooo damn cheap!

I'm sorry though mate, much preferred your FRP. It looks OK, but the ST is too much of a boy racer mobile.

I cannot disagree mate. The Frp was class, it simply dragged attention everywhere it went. Sadly it's age and parts are now hampering it which is such a shame because it's a very special Ford.

Looks like a tidy motor, even if it's not to my personal taste. Why did you not want leather?

Just boiling in the summer and marks way way way too easily. It looks better but i prefer the half leather.

I'd like to try an ST just cos I want to drive every car ever made but I'm afraid they don't do much for me Kev. Its fine, looks clean enough, no doubt goes well but I can't imagine being passionate about it. So long as you're happy.

Lols. I totally understand mate. It's worth pointing out that the car is also bought to make money on. Hence the spec, colour etc.

Love the colour, but those black wheels are major fail and McDonald's street racer image.

Standard engine, I thought these were quite boring to drive so hopefully the little extra will will wake it up a bit.

Like most cars the little extras this has make the car. It's funny as i'd say the Clio is more the young boy racer choice in my area or the ZS Fiesta. Most of the STs are standard cars driven normally. Maybe Gaz (85) would say different.

Epic buy Kev! My mate has one, but it's up for sale now. The Scorpion Fiesta ST exhaust was developed on this car http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fiesta-ST-Modified-Euro-Style-Show-Car-on-BBS-/161078262022

Spent a few bob on that! Thanks mate.

Your mental Kev.

Lols. I know!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Mega multi quote.

Don't get me wrong, the car screams young boy racer but I still think it looks superb. And it's profitable.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
You buying to sell now then, yeah? It does look like a tidy motor, if not a bit 'ruud' for me, although I can't speak :rasp:

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Lols. You can have a play with this one. ;)

Cheers Jay. You did call it!

Cheers mate. Surprised as many like it, had so many positive comments. The exhaust system is utterly superb, i'll grab a video at some point.

I shall take you up on that never been in one would be interested to see what they are like!