ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Steed: Trophy #321

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I think some of the bits are different though.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?634695-Trophy-185-s-story

Post #75. Mechanical nonsense I know nothing about. I'd like a spare one to build then just swap over.

Should be the same iirc.. Iv not fitted the yanoo kit so cant comment on fitting that but fitting a gearstick is easy enough haha.

Buy a Ph1 stick, fit the yanoo kit then throw that in, keeps the car on the road while your messing with the kit..

i much prefer my ph1 shifter to the ph2 type, the throw just feels better, but its maybe just me (I also prefer the Metal Ball :eek: )

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Should be the same iirc.. Iv not fitted the yanoo kit so cant comment on fitting that but fitting a gearstick is easy enough haha.

Buy a Ph1 stick, fit the yanoo kit then throw that in, keeps the car on the road while your messing with the kit..

i much prefer my ph1 shifter to the ph2 type, the throw just feels better, but its maybe just me (I also prefer the Metal Ball :eek: )

This is good news! Probably wouldn't take long to do it to mine but a Ph1 I wouldn't mind.

I actually fancied a new one of these actually for mine... http://bit.ly/NBYblu Red and Black looks nice whilst still being oem.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Welcome to the Trophy World.
You will have alot of fun with the wee thing but you will forever like me be wanting parts for it.

I really really want to fit a standard Yanoo kit also but i have no idea who could fit it for me.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
You will have alot of fun with the wee thing but you will forever like me be wanting parts for it.

I really really want to fit a standard Yanoo kit also but i have no idea who could fit it for me.

Serious?

If you are honestly the hardest bit is removing the heatshield under the car is really an easy job.. if it had an age rating i'd say 8+

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
It took me over 3 hours to do a back box on my Puma and all that had was 3 rubbers and 1 exhaust clamp.

When it comes to this i would deff be getting someone else to do it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I could do it but I have that many others that will, just seems silly. :eek:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

SWR? You're not far from them aren't you Marc?

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
SWR? You're not far from them aren't you Marc?

Just e-mailed SWR.

Gally have you bought yours from Yanoo yet ?

Im going for the base kit with brass bushes at £59 currently with plain polished ball joint housing.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No just waiting on another pm mate. He seems to take a while.

I have no idea what i'm ordering! 1.0 stiff shift and whatever he suggests.

You never know Marc maybe one day my one will be close to your standard!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
AD08s are epic wet and dry, not even that bad on standing water unless your being a hero.

As said I would still change the dogbone mount, the difference it makes for the price is great.

Same with the Phase 1 gearknob, whether or not its actually any better I don't know, but it certainly feels nicer.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
No just waiting on another pm mate. He seems to take a while.

I have no idea what i'm ordering! 1.0 stiff shift and whatever he suggests.

You never know Marc maybe one day my one will be close to your standard!

Yanoo told me just to go with the base kit as if i go with anything else it could possibly shorten the life of the gearbox or something.
I have got an e-mail back from SWR who can fit it for me so like you im just waiting on Yanoo getting back to me.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I was mate, space was a bit of an issue but it wasn't being used really. Stunningly good car though. Hard to find better for the cash.

Bloody enjoying this thing though.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Well I never, he's got a red one! Nice Gally will follow with interest! Btw i insist it can only be coated in C.Quartz ;)
chris

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Of course Chris. Obviously Andy @ CP would stone me to death if I used anything else but also helps that it's still a market leader.

It's needs some wetsand action!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It has been discussed. :eek:

Wait and see. First detail probably Tripple or LP and Z5. I'll do it this week at some point.

Carpro's Hydro2 is a superb product Chris, not much use for a detailer as such but initial testing is fantastic. I'll have a review up soon.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
Cool, shame you live so far as we could finest you up! ;) yeah hydr02 is on its way to me for test but as said not much good for me, however the wife's shed focus is gonna kop it!

Cant go wrong with a bit of Zaino for now!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Some beading on a car with no lsp or polish applied just Hydro2 Chris...

nujega3a.jpg

Big increase on gloss on poor paint aswell mate. Simple spray on and PW off. This way heavily diluted.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
got any more pics of the car? or are you waiting until you've gave it a full detail as such?
nice beading, where do you get that stuff from?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No more pics mate. Not until it gets a good clean. New plates also needed., private plate to come off.

Carpro sell the product mate.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No problem mate. It's a weird detailing product usually reserved for the cheap tat end of the market with "spray beading" if you will but this has been developed well.

Seals up glass, plastics etc. impressed so far for a quick fix product.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Demon shine is another of those products like that which I assumed cause it was on the shopping network etc would be utter rubbish but for a pour on thing it does actually have an effect.

Cup In bits
Demon shine is another of those products like that which I assumed cause it was on the shopping network etc would be utter rubbish but for a pour on thing it does actually have an effect.

Me too, used it as a quick wipe over after a wash and it lasts for days. 2 for a 5er can't be frowned at either.