ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new toy. LY Megane R26

LY R26 #288
It is cheap, me and my mate had a twin room at a premier inn. Cost us £25 quid each for two nights. Got through a fair bit of fuel though.

LY R26 #288
Cracking mate, good to see its being used to its potential! Does the arctic get used as hard as its previous owner? ;)

Lol that clio is amazing. Chris bought it off me, and he blitzed me around the triangle. It's just so planted and confidence inspiring.

I'm still learning my car and the s**t tires are knocking my confidence. Hopefully a good summer will get me in tune with the car.

We need to do dungoness again in better weather!

LY R26 #288
Small update,

New spark plugs, boot light and glove box light turned up. Thanks to Renault Wolverhampton. Fitted the plugs which was a piece of cake, and the two light units. The glove box had to be removed to put the light unit in. Funny design!.

11994436913_98d7976721_z.jpg

IMG_0815 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11994949476_c1f9efb7b2_z.jpg

IMG_0824 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

My next job will probably be tires. Undecided what to go for, I loved the hankook v12's on the 182.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Stop fannying around with bulbs and get the re map done LOL .

No just messing good work and tyres are a good move next .

What ones are on at the mo ? I can say a good word for Falken Ziex ZE-912 that are on my Mr2 good grip and a good price

Alan

Small update,

New spark plugs, boot light and glove box light turned up. Thanks to Renault Wolverhampton. Fitted the plugs which was a piece of cake, and the two light units. The glove box had to be removed to put the light unit in. Funny design!.

11994436913_98d7976721_z.jpg

IMG_0815 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

11994949476_c1f9efb7b2_z.jpg

IMG_0824 by JoeRS182, on Flickr

My next job will probably be tires. Undecided what to go for, I loved the hankook v12's on the 182.

LY R26 #288
Lol I'm unsure when or if I'm going to map it yet. Part of me wants to play it safe and keep it standard.

I've never heard of them tires Steve.

At the moment it's on these s**t tires I've never heard of called 'pace'.

I don't want to pay silly money for ps3's as I've heard they don't last long at all.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Cheep tyres are not good esp on a hot hatch must be fun driving that on them LOL

Hancook are good too .

I give it a few weeks / month top till this post has ( My new toy. LY Megane R26 NOW WITH REMAP )

Alan

Lol I'm unsure when or if I'm going to map it yet. Part of me wants to play it safe and keep it standard.

I've never heard of them tires Steve.

At the moment it's on these s**t tires I've never heard of called 'pace'.

I don't want to pay silly money for ps3's as I've heard they don't last long at all.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
You say that but I've lasted 8 months and 12k miles on mine before I'm getting it done...and then it's only because you kind of have to with it being Mountune and Ford warranty approved.

Looked good when I flew past the other day Joe!

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Everyone gives in in the end to more power ;)

You say that but I've lasted 8 months and 12k miles on mine before I'm getting it done...and then it's only because you kind of have to with it being Mountune and Ford warranty approved.

Looked good when I flew past the other day Joe!

LY R26 #288
To be fair although they are s**t they're not the worst tires I've ever used. Its more of a mental thing, I've not really had any half a crown and sixpence moments with them.

ST looked good too Mark, looked like it took a couple of seconds before you registered it was me lol. What gains are expected from mapping the ST?.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
As far as remaps go it's nothing worth shouting about...+30nm (+22lbsft) and +15PS peak gains.

Throughout the higher rev-range the gain is more like 20bhp though...makes the top end come alive apparently.

My engine made torque of 225lbsft when at SRR in August so if I see the +22lbsft expected, I'll have close to 250lbsft available from 2,500rpm.

So not massive gains but still slightly insane in an 1,100kg car!

Fiesta ST Stage 3
That is not a massive amount of peak TBH .

Is that they are just more on the side of caution with this map ?

Saying that the torque is more that the book fig .

Alan

As far as remaps go it's nothing worth shouting about...+30nm (+22lbsft) and +15PS peak gains.

Throughout the higher rev-range the gain is more like 20bhp though...makes the top end come alive apparently.

My engine made torque of 225lbsft when at SRR in August so if I see the +22lbsft expected, I'll have close to 250lbsft available from 2,500rpm.

So not massive gains but still slightly insane in an 1,100kg car!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
That is not a massive amount of peak TBH .

Is that they are just more on the side of caution with this map ?

Saying that the torque is more that the book fig .

Alan

Full Ford vehicle warranty remains intact...so they have to err on the side of caution. I'm happy enough with that...I'm happy enough with it as it currently is with just the 200bhp...but as it's a keeper for a full 5yrs/100k miles I'd be a fool not to optimise it as much as Ford will allow...hence me getting it done.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Fair point will be good to see what it makes on the 08/02/14 .

Alan

Full Ford vehicle warranty remains intact...so they have to err on the side of caution. I'm happy enough with that...I'm happy enough with it as it currently is with just the 200bhp...but as it's a keeper for a full 5yrs/100k miles I'd be a fool not to optimise it as much as Ford will allow...hence me getting it done.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Will you have the tyres done before SRR then ?

Alan

To be fair although they are s**t they're not the worst tires I've ever used. Its more of a mental thing, I've not really had any half a crown and sixpence moments with them.

ST looked good too Mark, looked like it took a couple of seconds before you registered it was me lol. What gains are expected from mapping the ST?.

LY R26 #288
I doubt I'll have the tires done by then but maybe.

Seems worth while Mark, I'm sure you'll notice the difference.

LY R26 #288
My heater fan seems to have packed up. Freezing in the car this morning lol. Will investigate tomorrow to see what the problem is, my moneys on the resistor pack but we will see.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
This happened on my 172 PH2 and I removed the fan and oiled it and all was fine .

Don't know if the fan is the same in the Megane

Alan

My heater fan seems to have packed up. Freezing in the car this morning lol. Will investigate tomorrow to see what the problem is, my moneys on the resistor pack but we will see.

LY R26 #288
Yeah, checked the fuse with the multi meter that's fine and its getting the voltage at the fuse. I've ordered a replacement MOSFET which is the component that burns out inside the resistor pack on the clio's, so I'll probably open it up and replace that if its the same as the Clio one. I know the connectors are difference but the pack looks the same. The MOSFET is like £2 and there is a how to on here.

I will try and check the fan is working before I go to all that effort though.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
Yeah worth a try for an easy fix .

My fan would not work then going over say a bump in the road it would kick in .

Alan

Yeah, checked the fuse with the multi meter that's fine and its getting the voltage at the fuse. I've ordered a replacement MOSFET which is the component that burns out inside the resistor pack on the clio's, so I'll probably open it up and replace that if its the same as the Clio one. I know the connectors are difference but the pack looks the same. The MOSFET is like £2 and there is a how to on here.

I will try and check the fan is working before I go to all that effort though.

LY R26 #288
Some b*****d mother fucker hit my car yesterday when it was parked up. Oh and guess what they didn't leave any details. c***s.

u4ydavud.jpg

LY R26 #288
Cheers mark. Yeah it was parked outside my mates. Only place it could of happened. Not on my drive that's for sure. Looks like black paint. Don't worry I'll be going round there later looking at all the black cars. Don't even know where I stand if I can see what car it was. I can't prove it but I certainly won't let it rest.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Surely a call to Clive the PCSO would get him to have a word? If nothing's forthcoming then surely the Police could do something about it? Or at the very least, the threat of them being involved further might get whoever it was to bung you £100 or something.

LY R26 #288
Had a look around and can't find any cars with yellow paint on.

Looks too deep to buff out. Looks like I'll need to get the hole bumper sprayed now. Gonna cost a pretty penny no doubt.

Fiesta ST Stage 3
C*nts some one has put a big dent my 106 D but im not to fussed about that .

I take it you cant live with the mark then or at least for a bit ?

Alan

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
Bad news :dapprove: someone caught my rear bumper and rear 1/4 and left no note!

Can you not get part of the rear bumper sprayed? Rather than the whole lot.

Mini Cooper S sport
Argh, what a motherfucker.

I had a smart repair done on a scratch on mine, and it was perfect. Worth considering if you can find a good repairer as it was a lot cheaper than a full bumper respray.

LY R26 #288
I can live with it for now lol. I'm not sure a smart repair on Ly will be possible?

Karl have you got a project thread on one of the megane forums? I think I saw the damage that got done to yours. Luckily for me they didn't catch the rear quarter.