ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Nissan 200sx S14a **Jap Crap Content**

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Christ Gaz, you've not have the best of luck mate! Definately keep it up though bud, will be worth it in the end.

With a severe lack of interest in fixing the thing, I've decided to crack on with something I've had lying around a while...
Zenki Spats :D

Got one roughed up and in primer, the other will be started tomorrow, I've had to fill a chip in it.
25112010234.jpg

25112010237.jpg

They're not genuine but are fibreglass copies, but came up cheap so I snapped them up. I'm no aiming for a perfect finish, wrong time of the year and a low tech spray booth with rattle cans will see to that. They'll be the best bit of paint on the car though.

Plus a couple of seasonal shots, this is why I can't be arsed fixing the car!
25112010235.jpg

25112010236.jpg

Snow? Brr! haha!

Get them rears spaced out..lol

Poorest snow ever. Those rears are meant to be the fronts. I've some more to go on the back, but my stepdad kindly spilt thinners on them. Bare alloy + road salt aren't a good combo. Can't decide on a finish for them, but when i do they'll be on and spaced.

Well, one Zenki spat is now in gloss and the other one is in primer, has been for nearly 2 weeks but with the snow and then falling ill, it never got any further...
26112010238.jpg

Then today I decided to sort out a couple of little niggles...

Driver's side rear numberplate light. It's been self supporting ever since I bought the car, and for the past few months has actually just dangled behind the bumper illuminating the floor. So a quick ziptie later, and I'm road legal again...
15122010257.jpg

Noticed the drifted stickers had been damaged in the icy weather, luckily I had a spare blue one. However, I'm out of pink ones so that's staying without the dot over the i...
15122010255.jpg

15122010256.jpg

Then moved onto the gear gaitor. Using some G clamps and araldite, I managed to get it to hold for the time being...
15122010252.jpg

15122010253.jpg

15122010254.jpg

15122010258.jpg

15122010259.jpg

Figured I might as well fix little things like this whilst the weather holds me off the mechanical things, otherwise they wouldn't get done. Still need to replace a lot of bulbs in the dash, just waiting on a group buy for that.

Once I get it somewhat up to scratch, I'll hopefully get a chance to get some driftdays done in it. Saying that, I might of flogged it by then :rolleyes:

Pulled my finger out today and cracked on with a bit of MOT prep. I'd received some lovely Whiteline ARBs from Tuning Developments earlier in the week, and needed to see if I could find any obvious answer to a weird little episode the car had on Wednesday too.

Did the front first, as I knew the rear would be a piece of piss. Luckily, the front was easier than I thought it would be.

New vs Old...
29012011278.jpg

All bolted up...
29012011279.jpg

Rear end in...
29012011280.jpg

Didn't find an answer to the weird episode under there unfortunately, so that's something to look into further. Only been round the block to check everything is alright, but the car feels a bit stiffer now. I'm running medium up at the front and soft out at the back for now.

Plenty more to be on with in the 2 months, parts are steadily filling the garage that I need to fit!

Ha, No.

Driving along in a line of traffic doing about 50mph, and it starts vibrating like f**k, with a nasty knocking noise. Wouldn't pick up speed either, so I pull over fearing the worst.
Bonnet up, rev engine, no knocking from that. Quick look around the car, wheels tight on and no suspension bits hanging off. Get back in, and it's fine, but felt a bit different.
Had a look at all the suspension and brake bits today and all seems fine. No real play in the driveshafts/diff/propshaft either that I can see. No engine management light. I know the clutch feels crap, and it appears that may be weeping a bit (along with the box), other than that I'm stumped for now.

Another mate has just got an S14, with an RB20 running in the region of 350bhp - it's abit of a dog though. Body works not all that. My other mates S14a which is immaculate is running 400bhp, maybe more - it hasn't been RR yet.

They are brutal. So quick to be.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
rb20 is a strange engine choice... driven a couple r32 gts with them in... they can be fun, have a different power feel to them to a sr20...

It's very laggy, can't remember what turbo it is but its just brrrrrrr BOOOST etc.

My mates SR20 has Horsham stage 2, and thats a very nice delivery. He has just fitted a HKS turbo and 750cc injectors - still waiting to be custom mapped but i'm sure it will be a riot.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nice nice. I need to get my arb on..I also had the joy of sticky calipers on my SX. Little rebuild and they were much better. Only cheap and easy to do too.

Are they the standard drop links? look odd as..lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
they are whiteline droplinks...

when i had my 200 everyones opinion back then was if you had coilovers that a thicker arb wasnt needed... they look nice though... lol!

Drop links were f**ked anyway, was an excuse to get the Whitelines.

Brakes aren't getting rebuilt, well, these one's aren't anyway. My R33 GTS-T ones are.

I'm not RB'ing this Sam. I'd rather JZ it tbh, but it won't happen. Doubtful how long I'll even keep it, all depends on the MOT.

Nice car mate, recognise a couple names from here that are on sxoc ( iv had a s13 a RB25-DET s13 and a 14a ) sold mine 2 weeks ago and missing it like mad :(