ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Nissan 200sx S14a **Jap Crap Content**

When are you stepping up to a 'liner Chris?

My main concern is the rust. So we'll see what the MOT man says about it. If it's getting close to failure I'll be getting rid I think, just don't have the time/space/patience to do a proper job of the rust.

Evo 6, E92 320d
When are you stepping up to a 'liner Chris?

My main concern is the rust. So we'll see what the MOT man says about it. If it's getting close to failure I'll be getting rid I think, just don't have the time/space/patience to do a proper job of the rust.

TBH mate i'm more gearing toward evos now (5 or 6)

Had a sticky front caliper causing the vibration, as it did it to me the other night and I kindly got the glowing red disc to indicate the fault. Had the caliper off today and tried to free it up for the time being, but I don't think it's worked.

So that leaves me basically with a car I daren't drive, yet need to drive to fully fit my GTS-T setup :rolleyes:. Not sure how I'll combat that, may just mean a drive with no handbrake, which isn't such a big deal.

Also found this awesome bodge keeping the brake pad pins in...
06022011285.jpg

Keeps them in, can't deny that. Unfortunately, the little nails didn't come out, so had to be sheared off. Now the holes need redrilling so split pins can be used.

why cant u just fit the gtst settup??

1. Calipers need fully stripping, coating and rebuilding. (I started stripping them then moved on to other things)
2. I need discs/pads and ABS delete lines, waiting on a shipment of discs.
3. Can't crack the N/S/R hub nut to fit the handbrake setup, need to go over to Leeds and get the impact gun on it.

So that's why!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
ohhh i thought u meant you were unsure how to or something lol! i shall let you off :)

Got the Calipers stripped and ready for powdercoating, which will get done some time this week.
12022011293.jpg

Whilst I was over at my stepdad's place, I finally go to see the pair of Regas (<3) for the first time I bought back in October! Can't believe my stepdad spilt thinners on them, clumsy git lol.
12022011294.jpg

12022011296.jpg

So once the calipers are coated I'll rebuild them, and take a bit of time off to get them fitted :D

That makes a big chunk of the parts lying around in the garage actually in use.

Got the Calipers stripped and ready for powdercoating, which will get done some time this week.
12022011293.jpg

Whilst I was over at my stepdad's place, I finally got to see the pair of Regas (<3) for the first time I bought back in October! Can't believe my stepdad spilt thinners on them, clumsy git lol.
12022011294.jpg

12022011296.jpg

So once the calipers are coated I'll rebuild them, and take a bit of time off to get them fitted :D

That makes a big chunk of the parts lying around in the garage actually in use.

Minimal progress. R33 GTS-T Calipers powdercoated orange, metallic black paint over that, rubbed off to expose the orange, then 2 pack lacquered as we thought powder lacquer might not sink into the writing between the gaps.
76d67f9c.jpg

Just waiting on rear seal kits and discs/pads to arrive now.

I've also bought myself a 350Z gearbox, god knows how long that will be a garage ornament for.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
u need a spacer plate which has a new mounting holes that allows the z32 bell housing to fit the sr engine.... also a new prop shaft... but thats pretty much it.

Nice. How easy does the Z box fit to the SR?

Spacer plate and custom shorter prop (350z has a different yoke to the S14, so a crossbreed of those 2 is needed) as per Malice's post, but it's a Z33 not Z32 box. Also, crossmember needs altering, shifter needs shortening to fit the trans tunnel hole, longer clutch line (it's on the opposite side to the SR box) and bell housing needs machining due to the plate. Might have to tweak the clutch fork a bit too. No sensor for the speedo either, so have to convert signal from rear ABS sensor to run the speedo.

LOL Sam, so true!

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
sorry assumed u would be going the z32 lol is the 33 box any stronger than 32?

Some say it is, some say it isn't. There's a fair few 9 second 1/4 Zs on that standard box in the US, so it's strong enough to take what an SR can throw at it. I've gone this way as it's newer, 6 speed, and more of a challenge with it being less documented/common.

2.2 bar shed.
Intial estimates come in at between 3 and 15,000 years.

Spacer plate and custom shorter prop (350z has a different yoke to the S14, so a crossbreed of those 2 is needed) as per Malice's post, but it's a Z33 not Z32 box. Also, crossmember needs altering, shifter needs shortening to fit the trans tunnel hole, longer clutch line (it's on the opposite side to the SR box) and bell housing needs machining due to the plate. Might have to tweak the clutch fork a bit too. No sensor for the speedo either, so have to convert signal from rear ABS sensor to run the speedo.

In light of new information, the fact that fitment does not require tigerseal and a hammer estimates on fitment have been revised to a more sensible figure. Never.

Got a bit done today, calipers are rebuilt. Thanks to my slack friend's masking, I spent a few hours cleaning powdercoat and sand out of the calipers :rolleyes:

0c21af95.jpg

A front caliper built up.

00ddf0e6.jpg

A rear caliper built up.

Nipped over to Garforth last night too to pick this baby up, the 350Z gearbox, prop and crossmember.
1e05d829.jpg

Surprisingly light, 2 people can easily lift the pallet and manoeuvre it.

Also took a cheeky shot of the front end whilst I had the car away from the garage to get the box in.
0c4375c7.jpg

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
View attachment 52751

This is my 200sx i bought about 4 months ago,only put a front mount intercooler and apexi boost control, was totally standard, 1 owner from new 55,000 miles, absolutely love it :approve:

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
I know ive wanted one for years ans when i seen this come up i was straight on the phone to view. need to get a nice exhaust and coilovers when i have some money.
Got full nissan service history and all mots done there, the guy was 46 and lived by london so only used it on weekend to go shopping ! what sort of power you running are you still on the stock turbo ? got some rota alloys in the garage but need to save for coilovers and tyres !

A bit more progress, but I've hit a wall again for the time being. That wall is I need my front pads, and front and rear discs to arrive (only ordered them on Monday.) I also need some brake pipe union spanners, as the unions are very rusty, so once one started to round off I gave up and decided it was best to use the proper tools. Hopefully I'll pick some up tomorrow in town.

So anyway, this morning I whipped off the Brake Master Cylinder to replace it with a Z32 one (BM57.)

21a6abbc.jpg

S14 vs 300zx, not much visual difference bar the reservoir pots.

059ca829.jpg

What a Brake Servo looks like with no master cylinder attached to it.

b1413610.jpg

Z32 BMC and a BMC stopper fitted in place.

Noice! What's the deal with the 350 box? Straight fit?

Nowhere near a straight fit...

But it's very strong, 6 speed (shorter ratios with the S14 diff, and still a nice cruising speed on the motorway) and a lot fresher than my box.

That's a big compliment coming from you :eek: Will be more heroic when I get the Regas coated in my secret(ish) expensive powder (£80 for 6oz, FML), and spaced. Tyres are sat waiting for the fronts now, I sold the last ones off for being too small really. Sump would have to touch the floor to hide the arch gap.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nowhere near a straight fit...

But it's very strong, 6 speed (shorter ratios with the S14 diff, and still a nice cruising speed on the motorway) and a lot fresher than my box.

Fook that! Dedication to the cause! Haha! I think I'd just fit a S15 box and change it if it ever blows.

Some more progress.

Ripped this crap out on Saturday...
b8ea023b.jpg

Which left me with a big hole...
45a95a33.jpg

Did nothing Sunday, then today the final pieces arrived. So I started fitting the lines/calipers...

The rear brake line unions required some major butchery of my newly acquired brake union spanner...
b5797d16.jpg

But I got it all sorted...
823ca0d9.jpg

Then finally, before retiring for some tea and rest, I got the O/S/F caliper and disc on.
335eeb43.jpg

Disc and pad wise, Brembo Plain Discs all round, Mintex 1144 pads up front and Mintex OEM pads out back.

Charged Superleggera
good progress gaz. Calipers came up really well. Cant wait to see the reggas painted and on :)