ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My White 1.2 172 Replica!

Grande 1.2
haha i asked where, not how:clown: im looking for some new wheels, only places ive really looked is ebay atm!:dead:

Mk3 clio 1.5
another coat of laquer added to the alloys for extra gloss look :)

rear bumper drying atm, ready for laquer.
pics:

2011-07-30183227.jpg

2011-07-30192905.jpg

Mk3 clio 1.5
finally we have progress, back bumper now on:

2011-08-04183939.jpg

and to continue with the black and white theme, rear drums where painted white :)

2011-08-03170347.jpg

Mk3 clio 1.5
what are these?

Well first off you wanna be dust free, so plastic sheeting put all around your work base. When spraying using cans, ensure the can is warmed up by bathing it in hot water for a min. Heat up the plastic you are spraying using a genral heater, not to close to burn, warp, melt the plastic. Apply thin layers of paint from about 20cm to avoids drips. i could go on but cba lol.

A sexy one
should look good when its done, i would never use a rattle can laquer tho, but if you can do it good then fair enough :) just painted mine white :p

mk2 ph1 1.4 S
phase 2 lights, sport spoiler and white badges and boot lock surround required ;) oh and paint the drums black.... anything other than black shows off the fact its a low spec model

Mk3 clio 1.5
cheers for the coments, i know rattle can laquer is utter useless, never get a smooth finish, but im using pro lite ultra clear laquer quite expensive but seems to do a good job.

phase 2 lights, sport spoiler and white badges and boot lock surround required ;) oh and paint the drums black.... anything other than black shows off the fact its a low spec model

i was thinking ph2 lights or smoke current ones, opinions? badges maybe changed il do some photshopping later see which looks best. as soon as i did the drums i thought the same thing, but if i try and hide it people are just gonna be like, stop trying to make it something it not, blah blah blah. lol

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
The bumper looks to be a different white to the car...on my screen anyway.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Ph2 rear lights rather than smoked ph1's... Smoked lights and collated drums screams chav sorry :(... And painting them black won't be hiding them... It'd be refurbishing them ;) black would be better IMO... Looking forward to more progress :)

Mk3 clio 1.5
Ph2 rear lights rather than smoked ph1's... Smoked lights and collated drums screams chav sorry :(... And painting them black won't be hiding them... It'd be refurbishing them ;) black would be better IMO... Looking forward to more progress :)

hmm yeah dont want to be headgin down that route, got enough of that living with someone with a corsa B :( haha true, i'l get it done tonite, full day off. pics up later

Inferno 182
Nice car will look nice when its done, not keen on the alloys though :/ look a bit chavvy or like cheap halfrauds wheel trims.

106 Quicky
Like what you have done mate ;) I have the same car in white also, except mines a 5 door :( but non the less i am planning on doing what you are doing. Looking forward on seeing the finished result of your conversion!

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Could you try and spray the bolts white? I think that would look pretty smart :) Great project so far

Grande 1.2
would look nicer with some ph2 lights :cool: and a sport spoiler :rasp: carbon wrapped if you want it to look like the one from fast car!

i like what you have done though!

fiesta 1.25
Looks nice. Not a fan of the wheels though.

Any questions just PM me. Did the same with my white ph1 few years ago.

Renault Sport Clio 182
i love rep's if theyre done properly so will keep an eye on this and am looking forward to it being finished, and as for spraying it with rattle can's i dont think i would be able to tell the difference lol

Mk3 clio 1.5
thanks guys. ph2 lights and cup spoiler is deffo on the list. carbon wrapped would look nice, but when it all done, i might think about a black roof and black spoiler. il do a photshop to make my decission.

Mk3 clio 1.5
front bumper finished been sanded and 1 of the skirts. primed half the front bumper, will get pics up once done.

2011-08-14150147.jpg

Grande 1.2
applauds to the decent photoshop! thought it was a real pic :rofl:

cant wait to see when the front bumper gets put on.

Mk3 clio 1.5
well some set backs today. driving down the road when a guy decides to stop then start reversing. went straight into back of me, and been a large landrover dinted and took a rite chunk out of the bonet. so need to sort things with him. :(