ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Z3M Coupe

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'd junk the simota, its only got the same filter as a 172 simota in it, it only really flows enough for about 240bhp...

Mine was that loud standard.

I made my own induction kit in the end.

DSC_0240-1.jpg

w**kest video ever.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Big thank you to Sir_Dave, on his advice i checked my throttle cable to find it was only opening 90% at WOT. A new cable should be with me by Thursday.

Still loving the M to bits. Getting 22mpg which im pleasantly chuffed with considering the temperature and 30mph commute use.

Gave the it its first proper clean today, only got these phone pictures half way through though, but they are about the only daylight shots ive managed to get so far at all.

Also swapped aerial for S2000 jobbie, fitted bosch aero wipers all round, removed the nasty stick on M badges from the rear pillars, oh and fitted a simota too.

12122011025copy.jpg

12122011026copy.jpg

12122011027copy.jpg

12122011029copy.jpg

12122011030copy.jpg

12122011031copy.jpg

12122011032copy.jpg

Cheers
Tom

Mini Cooper S
Thought about wrapping the roof black? Doesn't really flow..black sunroof, red roof, black spoiler. Looks very nice, any future plans?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Big thank you to Sir_Dave, on his advice i checked my throttle cable to find it was only opening 90% at WOT. A new cable should be with me by Thursday.

Glad to be of service :)

Cars looking good, although im not a fan of the chromo door handles if im honest, colour coded would look much nicer! Re: the induction noise, they sound ace with the roof down! Oh wait, you dont have the gay version ...

th_MOV00511.jpg

Last edited:
Cheers Dave, roof down lovelyness would be nice, but as you say unfortunately im not a fan of putting my penis inside other men.

Undecided on the handles myself, they arent nearly as 'obvious' in person but i think come summer i will colour code them and the rear spoiler.

In terms of future plans, although i swore to myself i wouldnt touch it, i'm considering some springs to drop it just a whisker, and im still not happy with how quiet it is for such a mental car, might have to look into reversible exhaust modifications of some sort.

E30 318iS x2
Rather be sat in it than looking at it tbh. Bet it's epic fun but IMO they're f**k ugly. Looks in good condition though!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
There is only one exhaust that makes them sound ok, but its far far far too expensive.

P.S. get that simota off!

Last edited by a moderator:
Made a little bit of progress with the M recently, swapped out the nackered old throttle cable for a nice new one which has livened things up a fair bit!

Also decided on removing the chrome door handle covers.

Gave the bus a good clean over yesterday using some meguiars ultimate wash & wax and a very quick rub over with megs ultimate compound. Also used a bit of stain valet on the steering wheel stitching which came up a treat.

DSCF0173.jpg

DSCF0177.jpg

DSCF0206.jpg

DSCF0202_3_4_tonemapped.jpg

DSCF0199_200_201_tonemapped.jpg

DSCF0196_7_8_tonemapped.jpg

DSCF0193_4_5_tonemapped.jpg

DSCF0187_8_9_testcomparison.jpg

DSCF0184_5_6_tonemapped.jpg

DSCF0181_2_3_tonemapped.jpg

DSCF0178_79_80_tonemapped.jpg

DSCF0210.jpg

DSCF0207_8_9_tonemapped.jpg

Also dug out my old keyring cam to make a very quick video to try and show the sound of the thing.
[youtube]cLws1MGCK1I[/youtube]

New exhaust is on the cards but that'll be some good months away.

Cheers
Tom