ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New 182, who's was it?

BG Clio 182
Just swapped a Fabia VRS for a 182 down in Newton Abbot, reg is WR55 LFZ, has cliosport decal on rear window along with a CS14 Saturday decal! Have not been able to drive it much yet (besides the 2 hour drive home) but am liking it so far!

BG Clio 182
Thanks. Here is a pic of the VRS I just PX'd for my 182. Also a pic of my "other" car that I just imported into the UK, still waiting on my V5 actually, just completed the lighting conversion and MOT to make it legal. Its a 2013 Hyundai Genesis 3.8GT coupe, 348BHP, rear wheel drive, 8spd paddle shift transmission. I have only gotten to drive my 182 for 1 day so far haha, I swapped it, drove it home then left early the next morning out of town for business. Really itching to drive it and get some nice pics of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1230.JPG
    IMG_1230.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_1034 (2).jpg
    IMG_1034 (2).jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 252
How you finding the performance of the 182 over the vrs. Did you modify it at all. Only wondering as those over on briskoda rekon it matches the 182 in pace once its remapped and FMIC etc.

Thinking of getting one as a motorway mucher.

BG Clio 182
Fabia:
Mine was stock besides tyres/alloys
"feels" as quick as the 182 due to the amount of torque available right off idle, but you have to shift so much more and does not like to be revved out.
Build quality is better
white seats stain easily
cluch, steering and shifter action are all light
Brakes, even though upgraded from the base Fabia are actually pretty weak.
Gets amazing MPG under all conditions (45-50 on average)

182:
obviously quicker, but you need to rev it out much more to get there.
easily out handles the Fabia, even with the ditchfinder tyres currently mounted (VRS had Avon ZZ5's)
Brakes are very good
Steering is nicely weighted
More interior nice things (climate control, radio is better, cruise control, etc)
clutch is tough for me to get used to due the abrupt and small engagement
Makes much better sounds
I only got about 30 MPG in the one day I drove it
Has that rarity/coolness factor that the Fabia, even though a VRS was missing.

The 182 was an emotional purchase for me, not the smartest, but I have always wanted one (especially since we don't get them in the US) But when the opportunity presented itself I jumped on it. It had lower miles, and a MOT with no advisories. I do need to change out the temp sensor though, the temp gauge drops down a little then goes back up to center.

BG Clio 182
Yeah the Fabia was solid, but just could not get on with driving a Diesel. The Hyundai is a beast, but will not get drove very much due to its immense thirst for Petrol, extremely high insurance rate and its very wide/low to be driving on the B roads I have to take to work, it will mainly be a motorway car/take to meets/shows type of deal.

I get approx 58mpg if I sit with the cruise on at 56mph :D

More now I've got better tyres and also if I draft behind lorries :D

Thats with 95 fuel also.

The pic was at 50mph as erm...a passenger decided to take a photo on the motorway..

Attachments

• 20150417_131346.jpg
    20150417_131346.jpg
    709.9 KB · Views: 101

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
I got 27 mpg on a trackday till I reset the gauge.

12 mpg was more like it ;)

Just need to keep rolling to maintain good mpg thats the real trick to it and also on motorways to keep below 70 (which at 70 I still get about 44-45mpg)

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
26.7mpg here over a very long period! Mainly town driving... it's only a 3.5 mile drive to work, wish it was longer tbh!

I have an 80 mile or so journey every 4 days or so. So it makes sense to me to get the best possible mpg as the job pays most of the fuel.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
If you arent fussed on stone chips you can slip stream lorries and over inflate your tyres for even more mpg. I do believe you on 50mpg but 58 I would need a video of you pressing the stalk so I can see how far you have driven since reset.

Well my first trial journey to work with the cruise control I did a 51.7mpg average including stopping at services and blasting off the slip road and about 4-5 blasts coming off roundabouts. I think 58 is about the max you can realistically get unless you have overinflated tyres like you say and slipstreaming lorries the whole way and if the journey is downhill. Any sort of uphill section will see the mpg drop by almost one depending how long it is.

I think its possible to get 60mpg if you were in a cup (mines a sport so heavier) drafting a lorry at around 56 with all the windows closed, no lights or electrics on and with some decent tyres. I might try it on the way up to work tomorrow! (apart from the cup bit lol)

Also at such low speeds the lorry drafting effect only has about a 3-4mpg advantage imo as you just aren't going that fast for aero to have a huge affect. Obviously if theres a decent wind its a different story.

BG Clio 182
well today was a sad day, took it to Dan @SJM for a 36k service, thermostat and springs....went to drop off the springs and was met with the dreaded words "we have a problem" my power steering pump had been hemorrhaging fluid all over so now that is one more thing I need to replace. At least when I get the car back it should be solid for a while!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
well today was a sad day, took it to Dan @SJM for a 36k service, thermostat and springs....went to drop off the springs and was met with the dreaded words "we have a problem" my power steering pump had been hemorrhaging fluid all over so now that is one more thing I need to replace. At least when I get the car back it should be solid for a while!

I have a recon pump for £50 if you're interested :)

BG Clio 182
just picked up my Clio from Dan@SJM, running like a champ after a 36k service, Apex spring installation, power steering pump and thermostat/coolant change.