ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New Daily: BMW E39 523i SE

So, one week in.

It's been lovely, not really done much other than my daily commute in it. Already looking for a few little upgrades for it, nothing massive though.

It's also averaged 32.1 MPG, over a mix of motorway, dual carriageway, A and B road driving. I've also not really been hanging about either, having a bit of fun with it in the rain last night for example.

I also got a photo of my two last night :)

9391039249_4a37ced06f_c.jpg

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
If it goes sideways in the dry the tyres are rubbish! My 2.2 3 series couldn't do sideways if you paid it. We were in a car park trying repeatedly at one point and no joy.

The only way to test drive a RWD car.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My E90 came with Wanli's. I was almost tempted to stick with them they were so much fun..

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL used to play bumper cars when I was at college. One of the local businesses put out a complaint about us one day when we doubled teamed a friends Civic, and pushed him through a red light.

Love how cars like this are worth 50p because everyones scared of anything that isnt a diesel or hybrid. Good buy!

Love how cars like this are worth 50p because everyones scared of anything that isnt a diesel or hybrid. Good buy!

This times a billion.

If you flick through eBay/PH/AT you'll find bucketfuls of cars that will do around 28-35mpg or so. They're often cheap as anything, because people are running out and buying a car that runs on the fumes of petrol for 500 miles.

A guy on PH bought a Saab 9-5 HOT for £460. Full leather, plenty of toys, wrapped up in a fast estate. He said he gets 32mpg. If you're prepared to not care too much about fuel (within reason) then you can have yourself a lovely daily.

I know it's reasonably boring, but I've done a week of quite eco driving.

Keeping it light on the throttle, not been crawling along, still do 70 on the motorway and 40(ish) in 40 zones etc.

It's averaged 35.3 MPG, which tbh, I'm really impressed by.

Loving the whole package tbh :D