ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

New SM Intakes via group buy.

Fitted mine today, took almost 7 hours start to finish but it started first time and runs fine, little less torque off the line but pulls ok after 4k. Will sort a remap asap.

Had no issue at all fitting the 4th injector, infact it was the easiest of them all, it was the first one near the engine mount that gave me some s**t. The hardest part was realising the wiring was supposed to be underneath not on to so had to figure a way of reworking it so,i didnt have to remover the intake.

Was tough figuring out which pipes went where as im not as technicsl as id like to be but had an engineer/mate who pointed them out, happy with the kit though apart from the throttle bodie bolts wernt long enough so i used the originsls. Oh and the breather filter fell apart when my mate leant on it ha.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
Just to inform people the ports will benefit from a little matching for maximum gains
Before:
IMG_1185.JPG

After:
IMG_1190.JPG

Clio sport 182
How can I buy? What's the price and benefits from the standard inlet. I'm thinking of decat with Milltek and a new inlet and a remap. Not sure yet what the gains will be if it's worth it.

-Arron

BG Clio 182
How can I buy? What's the price and benefits from the standard inlet. I'm thinking of decat with Milltek and a new inlet and a remap. Not sure yet what the gains will be if it's worth it.

-Arron
There's potential for 190 to 200 bhp depending on how strong the engine is. My car made 183 with exhaust sports cat and induction kit so I'm hoping for 193 upwards to give you a realistic expectation.

Clio sport 182
There's potential for 190 to 200 bhp depending on how strong the engine is. My car made 183 with exhaust sports cat and induction kit so I'm hoping for 193 upwards to give you a realistic expectation.

Where can I buy one of these and what's the price/fitting like? I'm a mechanic by trade so shouldn't be a problem. Do you think a decat will give less gains from a sports cat?

BG Clio 182
Where can I buy one of these and what's the price/fitting like? I'm a mechanic by trade so shouldn't be a problem. Do you think a decat will give less gains from a sports cat?
Shouldn't make a real lot of difference. Sports cat is miles dearer. I love the sound the sports cat gives though!

You're looking 650 quid now from eBay I believe, what car you got?

Clio sport 182
Shouldn't make a real lot of difference. Sports cat is miles dearer. I love the sound the sports cat gives though!

You're looking 650 quid now from eBay I believe, what car you got?

I've got a 182 mate. 2004 mk2 ph2. I'll probably go for a de cat. Asking as it does not sound stupid. Haha.

Clio sport 182
I think so but it's for a phase 1. I'm not a hundred percent yet but I'd potentially sell mine (still sealed in the box) for around 650 posted. I'm not sure! Haha

Can you run the car decated without a remap without any issues. Before I put a different inlet in and remap them together.

BG Clio 182
What about a different inlet? Will it need another map after that?
If you have tonnes of money the best way is to map after every single mod, but for the no gains you're going to get it isn't worth it mate. All mods then map. Inlet last though and mapped nyon straight away because the standard map isn't suitable. Will run too lean

Clio sport 182
If you have tonnes of money the best way is to map after every single mod, but for the no gains you're going to get it isn't worth it mate. All mods then map. Inlet last though and mapped nyon straight away because the standard map isn't suitable. Will run too lean

I've heard that with the decat Milltek is it's not mapped it won't run properly? Is this correct!?

BG Clio 182
I've heard that with the decat Milltek is it's not mapped it won't run properly? Is this correct!?
Nah load of b****cks mate it'll run absolutely fine, you're not altering anything are you really just removing the cat. You'll get a CEL light is all. Just remember you may get a flatspot, but that's just irritating not that it'll break the car

Clio sport 182
Nah load of b****cks mate it'll run absolutely fine, you're not altering anything are you really just removing the cat. You'll get a CEL light is all. Just remember you may get a flatspot, but that's just irritating not that it'll break the car

Cheers mate, with a sports cat will I still get a flat spot? And does the remap remove the flat spot?

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
The flat spot with a decat will be removed when its warm, atleast mine runs a bit rough when its cold.
But fine once its warm.

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Its a bit louder but pulls better when on temp definatelly worth it !
On the 182 header especially as the decat is easily changeable as well, 10 min. job on these.
2 hours on the older ones, glad i changed to the 182 header ... makes power and living with a decat allot easier:cool:

Clio sport 182
Its a bit louder but pulls better when on temp definatelly worth it !
On the 182 header especially as the decat is easily changeable as well, 10 min. job on these.
2 hours on the older ones, glad i changed to the 182 header ... makes power and living with a decat allot easier:cool:

182 header? So it's worth it?

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
182 header? So it's worth it?
You could argue it's a complete waste of money, it's not like anyone has ever said the 1*2 is underpowered, furthermore it sounds like you're relatively new to Clio ownership yet you're chasing more power already. My advice, enjoy the car for what it is in standard form, there are plenty of other things that could be improved before you go to the engine. But that goes against car mod culture, which lives by the 'more power' motto.

Reactions: Flp
  Clio sport 182
if you're doing other mods then it's worth sticking one on.

Thanks for that. I think I'll do a few subtle mods and a decat, before I go for more power out of it. I'm doing the belt and dephaser today she's a clean sport 2 owners last owner had it for 12 years. He was 60 year old.

Can I ask what people mean by a header?

dan's cast offs.
Anyone managed to make a fitting guide yet? I need to get mine fitted!

you don't really need one, it's pretty straight forward. just watch out for the top hose on the thermostat housing.

nice to see good after sales support on this one:tongueout:

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
you don't really need one, it's pretty straight forward. just watch out for the top hose on the thermostat housing.

nice to see good after sales support on this one:tongueout:

I thought there was a problem with getting the injectors to sit flush? I've got basic mechanical skills so abit nervous giving this ago haha

I thought there was a problem with getting the injectors to sit flush? I've got basic mechanical skills so abit nervous giving this ago haha

Its pot luck on weather you will have trouble fitting them, mine sit perfect, just 3 of them required quite an ammount of force to click in place, thought they were gona snap at one point but everything is fine.

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Its pot luck on weather you will have trouble fitting them, mine sit perfect, just 3 of them required quite an ammount of force to click in place, thought they were gona snap at one point but everything is fine.

Ah I'll have to cross my fingers that it will be straight forward! What filter set up have you gone with?

Bodged a k and n gen2 filter onto it as i had no other, im going supercharger with this so ill have to see what filter set up is best once its all fitted in.

Ktec do a kit for 4100 i think, or 4600 fitted, the brackets break though, youll find posts on here, ive been given a list of all parts needed and mackay makes his own bracket and belt kit for a top price. All being well hes gona fit the charger and pulleys, then i should be good to do the rest.