ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Niall's BG 182

Big_Steve_T

ClioSport Club Member
Stunning car and build thread @Niall 👍

I’ve had a very similar engine built by Carl aka Bloke over 2019. I’m delighted he did all the work for you before hIs recent and VERY public fall from grace.... Builds like yours are the reason I took my engine to him in Jan 2019 and eventually got it back in Dec 2019. Unfortunately I’m still waiting for my gearbox to turn up as/when he comes out of that black hole he hides in... *

*These are not the views of Cliosport but the views of @Big_Steve_T who is getting g throughly p1ssed off with it all

Reading your thread gets me re-invigorated to get mine back together and I’m planning on getting the Chris at EFI to re-map it also.

Can I ask about the injectors you chose? I was told that 197/200 injectors were the way to go with a 197 Cammed Clio engine, do the ones you chose perform better?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member

I’ve had a very similar engine built by Carl aka Bloke over 2019. I’m delighted he did all the work for you before hIs recent and VERY public fall from grace.... Builds like yours are the reason I took my engine to him in Jan 2019 and eventually got it back in Dec 2019. Unfortunately I’m still waiting for my gearbox to turn up as/when he comes out of that black hole he hides in... *

*These are not the views of Cliosport but the views of @Big_Steve_T who is getting g throughly p1ssed off with it all

Reading your thread gets me re-invigorated to get mine back together and I’m planning on getting the Chris at EFI to re-map it also.

Can I ask about the injectors you chose? I was told that 197/200 injectors were the way to go with a 197 Cammed Clio engine, do the ones you chose perform better?

Niall's ones are 197 injectors

Niall

ClioSport Club Member

Niall's ones are 197 injectors
Mine are Magneti Marelli IWP043’s, from a PMS ITB kit originally.

So they’re not actually 197 ones, but are 330cc like 197 ones, I believe the 197 ones have like a long nossle on them?

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely bloody lovely. Nice nice quality mods, attention to detail and finish.
I cant wait to get my Pole Positions fitted :)
Cheers! You’ll love the PP’s, one of the best things I’ve done to the car, they’re expensive, but no other seat will do after you’ve sat in one compared to other buckets. Support in all the right areas without being restrictive, and really comfy! Get what you pay for 🤷🏻‍♂️
One of the best 182s out there in my opinion. Spec is perfect and all colours done bang on! 👍👍
Cheers mate! Hopefully there’s an opportunity to have a nosey at yours at some point this year!

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
This arrived :cool: As some will know, this will make a night and day difference.

Box is being rebuilt currently then this will be going in. Very excited.

3BFDC589-8763-4C40-8EC2-C6371CB7F8DB.jpeg

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
Good man. You’re going to love the additional hook up. Mines a mostly standard car and the difference the diff makes on the road is massive.
Easily one of my favourite changes on the car. 🙂

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Good man. You’re going to love the additional hook up. Mines a mostly standard car and the difference the diff makes on the road is massive.
Easily one of my favourite changes on the car. 🙂
Definitely! I drove @JamesBryan’s which has the Quaife on some roads near us a while ago, and I was staggered at the extra mechanical grip, and then also the traction and composure it gained. Even little bumps or crests in the road where it would upset one wheel and lose traction normally, with the diff it just pulled smoothly.

clio 172 ph1
Or seats.

Be lucky to get £3k tbh
tbh if he was asking 3K with the gearbox, i would have it. he can keep the gearbox and i'll have it for 1500. again 6K for a dutch person like me is too cheap. the seller however is a nice guy who provides genuine informatio, cant fault him any bit

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Just caught up with this thread.

Car looks amazing mate. Credit to you.

Love the engine spec as well. Keeping it standard inlet abs just improving it is not very common but great results.

EDIT. Just seen it’s broken and selling at stupid money.

That’s me proper caught up now. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
£6k for a 182 with no engine and dash, am I missing something 🤷‍♂️

kin ell my Ep3 was a bloody steal at 6k then! Even had an engine and 2 seats! Is this guy on crack??

Proper waste to see it like this. It was 100% my favourite Clio mk2. Doesn't take long for someone to ruin them.

clio 172 ph1
Many thanks for your appreciation of the T.
As said there are many cracking cars on this forum but they are getting harder to find and more costly to get them into top condition.
Buy a good one and keep it.
I'm good on that front matey. I'm finishing my BG182 FF with only 6K miles (11000 kilometers) dad bought it new in 2006.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N950F met Tapatalk