ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Not another one (EK9 content)

BG 182 FF
Just read through all of that mate, real hero car you have there.

I used to own a civic jordan and im really missing the vtec noise and kick, would love an ek9 though top work mate.

I'll make sure this thread is updated with all the work done and plenty of pics.

I'm not really looking forward to selling as I'll no doubt get contacted by test pilots, or low balling mongs. If I don't get sensible offers near the asking price I may look in to storing it long term rather than giving it away.

For Sale?!

I do hope this is not female related si???

Nope, as said mate company car. I've thought long and hard about it and at this point it makes more sense to part with it as much as I don't want to financially and logistically it's the most logical thing to do unfortunately.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Ah, no way. Gutted mate.

Someone will be getting one of the best kept EK's in the country IMO. Any idea what you're going to price it at Si?

It'll be £6,500 OVNO it's very low miles and as you know very clean with some very expensive mods plus it's never seen a UK winter on the road so not a rotten mess underneath like many of them are.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Shame but it's only a car at the end of the day. I think I've only ever seen one on the road in the uk. I'm currently in barbados and seen 3. All in a bit of a state though. Every foreign country I go to I see them but the uk.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Shame but it's only a car at the end of the day. I think I've only ever seen one on the road in the uk. I'm currently in barbados and seen 3. All in a bit of a state though. Every foreign country I go to I see them but the uk.

And your on cliosport? Jesus Christ

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
And your on cliosport? Jesus Christ

Oh dont worry I'm currently sat on the balcony with a beer in hand over looking the sea which is close enough to spit in. As great as it is I've still got to wait for the mrs to get ready for a hour or two before we go out..haha!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I posted once from the maldives and got slated.haha

When women get ready,they get ready.CS is not an unusual stop off tbh...

So today I've sorted a couple of jobs on the EK, I was going to take pictures of the process but didn't have the camera to hand and tbh was pressed for time as I had a Yaris to put back together after I was done with the Civic.

Valve clearances have all been set, resulting IMO in a better drive and loss of the slightly sewing machine tick to the top end, valve cover gaskets and seal/washers all replaced with genuine Honda items, the valve cover has also been refurbed in wrinkle coat red as per factory (s**tty iPhone shot of that to follow). While my far more capable partner in crime was getting on with the valve clearances I replaced the air and fuel filters, again with genuine items. Next up I pulled the glovebox door out of the dash to access the heater box and retrofit the pollen filter I'd bought from Honda at the same time. EK9's don't come with one fitted even in the non lightweight or race base versions which my car is (CS would class it as a full fat EK) but the dust accumulation from the face vents on the dash/interior was driving me nuts so for the few grams a pollen filter weighs I decided to fit one.

More to come in the next few weeks and I'll get my finger out and post some pics taken with a real camera once the car has been detailed but for now here's the valve cover now looking fresh compared to it's slightly flakey pre refurb state.

7760268798_5a69d70315_c.png

Last edited:
Mine had started to flake in a few places, wasn't terrible but it was letting the rest of the bay down. I didn't want to paint it with a smooth paint but equally I wasn't about to spend £400+ on a new cover from Honda so it went off to a contact I know who has dealings with a certain Italian prancing horse and came back like that.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
How do cherished standard examples fair on rolling roads, do they make book power? I believe Honder's are fairly consistent k20/b18 etc?

Of the RR days I've seen they do seem to be pretty well on the mark unlike the inconsistent results RS Clio's seem to make when clubs set up RR days. That said there are plenty out there that have been abused and not maintained properly that will no doubt be down on power. I've no idea what mine makes as I've never had it on a rolling road myself but it certainly doesn't appear to have any issues on the power front given how it drives/pulls.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
So are you keeping now? Or are you just keeping it up together till you sell?

Don't want to part with it to be honest but it's not viable to hang on to it now I have a company car. That said if I don't get asking price I'll look in to the cost of renting a garage to store it in until I get my own, I'm not about to give it away just to get rid.

Why you getting rid of the FD and what you replacing it with?

Buying a house, so I can't afford to run 2 cars anymore.

Toying with an E36 328. However, I've discovered today I'll barely get what I paid for the car, yet alone claw back any of the £1000s I've put into making it right. I'm not sure what my next move will be now TBH, all I know is I had a blat in it after work this morning and I'll miss it!

Car is now up for sale, I'll post a proper for sale thread in the coming days when I get a chance to take some new pictures of it.

New pack of C spanners have arrived and some iridium plugs have been fitted to the car. I'm looking for £6,500 OVNO due to the car being such a low mileage example (just a shade over 66k miles, again I will confirm exact mileage when I take photos) 6 months MOT 6 months tax and it's barely covered any miles since it's last MOT which it had 0 advisories for.

Don't want it to go but it makes zero sense at this point in my life to keep it when I'm being taxed on a company car. :dapprove:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Sad times dude. I wish I had the space for a 2nd car. :(

Appreciate the offer but after anguishing over the decision I'm decided it needs to go. I do want to keep it but the money is better invested elsewhere at this point in my life. A bit like Gaz with his RX7 sometimes being grown up means the toys take a back seat for a while.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Best thing you will ever do and you can always go back to toys once your established in whatever grown up/financial decission you make.

I gave up cars years ago and have never looked back,i always look though and say "yeh one day" but im happier with my house than my car so the car is always going to be 2nd place for now...

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I see where you are coming from, I got to the point with my rx7 that I was going to have to spend a lot more to get it to the next stage and it just wasn't a smart move, I sold it to get something more sensible lol... Which I guess the s4 is lol! House is coming just after Xmas and the s4 is more practical :)

Clio
I see where you are coming from, I got to the point with my rx7 that I was going to have to spend a lot more to get it to the next stage and it just wasn't a smart move, I sold it to get something more sensible lol... Which I guess the s4 is lol! House is coming just after Xmas and the s4 is more practical :)

Trust me you will want the space !

Next place I do up I'm buying a van.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Best thing you will ever do and you can always go back to toys once your established in whatever grown up/financial decission you make.

I gave up cars years ago and have never looked back,i always look though and say "yeh one day" but im happier with my house than my car so the car is always going to be 2nd place for now...

You drive an FN2 CTR. It's hardly a boring car lol.