ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Odyssey ph1 172 pure track car. No tax discs here........

ph1 172
I have bought a Custom Cages multi point FIA cage in T45 tubing so only weighs 38kgs which should be here next week:D

Will look a little like this as I am having the inside sprayed white too, eventually to match some white 2118's
http://
6911862666_5b091742ba.jpg
cage11 by Rhys Beal, on Flickr

Courtesy of IcemanUK:D

Attachments

• 6911862666_5b091742ba.jpg
    6911862666_5b091742ba.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 20
You and Lewis definitely deserve the prize on this forum for not hanging around :) You decide and you do lol I love it! Keep up the good work (Or should I say ordering ;))

ph1 172
Not hanging about! Been an expensive bank holiday weekend for you lol.

Oh I don't want to know about money atm! lol

You and Lewis definitely deserve the prize on this forum for not hanging around :) You decide and you do lol I love it! Keep up the good work (Or should I say ordering ;))

Thanks James! Need to get it stripped now. Will start that tomorrow

P.S I feel so sorry for the poor fella who has to TIG such an epic cage in! Its going to look awesome though :D

He will do a very good job, he is amazing.

Kenny on here has TIG welded the same cage with amazing looking results

ph1 172
I remember stripping mine :) Was fun! Yes I have seen Kenny's its awesome. Really can't wait to see some pictures of this in progress!

I will be removing all the interior and dash, both doors and boot lid.

Bonnet will also need to come off, front and rear bumpers, engine and gearbox, both wishbones, and rear axle.

May aswell send it off for an acid dip and seam weld if your doing all that and save another 30kg's ;) No but seriously I love the plans you have should be a cracker when complete!

ph1 172
May aswell send it off for an acid dip and seam weld if your doing all that and save another 30kg's ;) No but seriously I love the plans you have should be a cracker when complete!

I would love to if I had the money!

I hope to do my first track day in it this summer, albeit it will be late summer:)

Yeah it is and the time for stripping all the minuet details you don't even think about!

Sort of yeah.... need to find some time to get all the CSCC stickers on the car along with a few others like race numbers etc, CV boot needs replacing, check that the PAS still works and a general prep before the race so going to drop it off at TDF end of April and then meet them at Brands for the race. Also need to try and find some way of scrubbing the new set of tyres in prior to the first race :)

ph1 172
Yeah it is and the time for stripping all the minuet details you don't even think about!

Sort of yeah.... need to find some time to get all the CSCC stickers on the car along with a few others like race numbers etc, CV boot needs replacing, check that the PAS still works and a general prep before the race so going to drop it off at TDF end of April and then meet them at Brands for the race. Also need to try and find some way of scrubbing the new set of tyres in prior to the first race :)

Sounds good:)
Not too much to do but usually its always the small details and fiddly things that take the time. I had the big clip come off my CV boot the other day. What a pain cleaning all the grease up! Took an hour in just cleaning as I had to remove the disk and whip the pads out as it had gone everywhere!

ph1 172
Well, todays progress was very small. 1 door card off and the bonnet, all thanks to Dan:rasp:

Although I cannot believe that a single door card and speaker weighs 4.5 kgs! Steel bonnet was 12.6kgs which will be replaced by an alloy bonnet that I will have by the end of the week, that weighs 5kgs.

Was discussing with Dan today interior colours. Really not sure what to go for, atm I am maybe thinking either white (as I posted earlier) or maybe the grey found in some of the old cup racers. Like this:

ms06_bh34w.jpg

Does anyone know what code/colour this is?

Matt suggested for me to go with a very similar colour to that on the inside but I stupidly didn't listen and kind of regret it as it would of kept it looking nice for longer! Mine is already looking a bit tired and really needs keeping on top of. I did have that paint code for the mk2 racers but I have just looked and can't find it! I will keep looking through my emails and try find it :)

ph1 172
Matt suggested for me to go with a very similar colour to that on the inside but I stupidly didn't listen and kind of regret it as it would of kept it looking nice for longer! Mine is already looking a bit tired and really needs keeping on top of. I did have that paint code for the mk2 racers but I have just looked and can't find it! I will keep looking through my emails and try find it :)
Thanks very much James.
My thinking is if I try and do the interior a colour that maybe in the near future I can spray the exterior the same colour.
I like the metallic grey

I can't find it anywhere I will look on my work PC later, if not then i'm sure I can find it out for you but would take a couple of weeks :)

Sounds like a plan to me!

ph1 172
I think I will try and match or get the colour from one of the cup racer chaps or James:)

I can get it made up in 5 litre tins for around £20

I think you should paint it onces the cage is in and before you re-assemble it. Might aswell do it whilst the engines out, makes sense!

Also that colour is so nice!

ph1 172
Order enough to spray my car too :p

5 litres will be more than enough mate! You are welcome to have your interior done too if you want it?

I will be doing it, it's a tedious job but spend a little time and pride on it and it will look very good.

LY Megane R26
I know this is going to be awesome as I know what your like Rhys!

If you need any help sheering bolts just give me a shout. More than happy to pop over at anytime;)

ph1 172
I know this is going to be awesome as I know what your like Rhys!

If you need any help sheering bolts just give me a shout. More than happy to pop over at anytime;)

Lol @ sheering bolts!

I am busy tomorrow night but Wednesday will be serious strippage day:D Doors, boot lid, windows, the lot

ph1 172
Update time:)

Finally pulled my finger out/got time to get abit more done to the interior. For a 12 year old car, I cannot believe that every bolt (so far) has come undone with ease:approve:

Couple of typical iphone photos.........don't own a decent camera unfortunately, and even if I did I wouldn't know how to use it:eek:

6925495840_05abdcf465.jpg
Untitled by Rhys Beal, on Flickr
6925498196_a0ac35e577.jpg
7071582549_5767b87180.jpg

Couple of bits that I weighed as I removed them......all feels very satisfying:)
-Front seats 22kgs each
-Rear quarter window 2.8kgs
-Passenger door with card 30.5kgs and drivers side with card 32kgs
-Steel bonnet 12.6kgs

PITA to remove the rear window, and I have the other side and windscreen to do yet!

Attachments

• 6925495840_05abdcf465.jpg
    6925495840_05abdcf465.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 6925498196_a0ac35e577.jpg
    6925498196_a0ac35e577.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 25
  • 7071582549_5767b87180.jpg
    7071582549_5767b87180.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 30
  Trafic 140dci
Been busy then, done well to undo all bolts with no problems... Must say it looks a clean car for the age, almost a shame for it to turn into a track sl*g lol.

ph1 172
Been busy then, done well to undo all bolts with no problems... Must say it looks a clean car for the age, almost a shame for it to turn into a track sl*g lol.

I have removed everything really carefully so nothing is broken. Looking back at the car does make it seem a shame but its worth nothing, its what I bought it for and exactly what I wanted being completely standard.

Got a lot of electrics to sort out yet, and have no idea what I am doing! lol