ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 172 Cup
Hi,

Recently I have bought and fitted some OMP seats / subframes and fitted them to my clio 172. The only issue is that the driver seat is far too close for me (I'm 6'3). If I bought the OMP sliders would this allow the seat to go further back, or is the position they are in just now the maximum "back" they can go? (i.e the seat will only slide forwards from the current position into the steering wheel).

Thanks in advance.

Clio 172 Cup
Think you can get extended sliders mate, or just fit side mounts without the runners and set in the position you want.
Thanks mate, right now the seats are bolted directly to the subframe so they are as far back as they can go without drilling holes / welding plates. I've ordered the slider kit in the hope that they allow the seat to move further back than where it currently sits and not forwards only.

Thanks mate, right now the seats are bolted directly to the subframe so they are as far back as they can go without drilling holes / welding plates. I've ordered the slider kit in the hope that they allow the seat to move further back than where it currently sits and not forwards only.
Ahh get you, yeah the slider will allow you to be seated further back.

Have you tried mounting the seat further back on the subframe. I'm sure from memory the OMP frames have multiple holes??

I'm 6'2 and don't remember mine being that bad. Was a long time ago now though mind.

Clio 172 Cup
Have you tried mounting the seat further back on the subframe. I'm sure from memory the OMP frames have multiple holes??

I'm 6'2 and don't remember mine being that bad. Was a long time ago now though mind.
Yeah they are as far back as I could get them without drilling holes, drivable but it's like driving a clown car haha. I'll give the sliders a bash and if not the welder will be coming out.

I think i'd rather drill more holes, within reason, than fit sliders to be honest. Found the seat on the OMP subframes was high enough as it was, let alone with sliders it was laughable, my helmet was touching the roof!