ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions on a 2004 172

Hi all
im in a process of buying a 172 and came across this Monaco Blue 172 2004, priced 5900. wondering people view on this good price? according to parkers a private good one should be around 7k and poor one 6k. But i have seem some monaco blue for around the 5.8k to 6.5k, is that market price for them at the moment?

anything i need to look out for when inspecting the car? for example steering, suspenison, clutch, gears wear and tear? brake disc and pad just been changed so that area seems ok.

does the aux or cambelt need changing at 35k miles? its had a new exhaust fiitted, does this reflect anything? presuming its a standard one

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/234335.htm

Thanks Tom

172 cup'd extreme
Looks like an import, and it doesnt have cruise control where as all the 04 plate 172's i have seen have had cruise control. Id have a closer look.
There are loads of things to look out for on these cars. this 172 will need a semi major service at 3years or 36k costing around £250(ish)

We have a comprehensive guide to problems on these cars in the "guides" section written my the infamous edde - pay your £5 to view it.