ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oulton park - 11th feb -2x172 +trophy

as above, saw 2x ph1 172s(silver and red) aswell as a trophy and a few clio cup race cars.

anyone off here??

i was there in the black/orange mk1 hybrid, struggled with grip all morning it was greasy as!, was alot better when it started throwing it down later on!!

172 sport
I was there with my silver 172 the one with the carbon bonnet,very slippery and damp track in the morning,and very wet in the afternoon,good day though enjoyed it,saw you out on track a couple of times,there was also a couple of sequential gearboxed 172 cup race cars also going well,I did a bit of video in the afternoon,I will post a link to it when I get it uploaded on utube.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I was there, the silver with carbon bonnet sounded epic. I was in the red/black/white ph1. Enjoyed giving most of the Honda boys a lesson ;).

cool, i remember seeing you both out on track, think either i had just came out or was just going in most times though!

was only my 2nd time at oulton and first time i had no issues there lol either broke down before i got there or like the 1st time there misfires galore(old engine/car set-up etc)

i had a play with the white cup racer a couple times too.

you see the r26r go out on track late on? dont think it did many laps tbh

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
cool, i remember seeing you both out on track, think either i had just came out or was just going in most times though!

was only my 2nd time at oulton and first time i had no issues there lol either broke down before i got there or like the 1st time there misfires galore(old engine/car set-up etc)

i had a play with the white cup racer a couple times too.

you see the r26r go out on track late on? dont think it did many laps tbh
The standard R26 was very rapid, one of the quickest cars there. The R26R didn't really go for it at all.

yeah the black r26 was certainly motoring all day, the white evo 10 and nissan gtr were also flying about all afternoon! was good to watch them sliding around the chicane before druids!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
yeah the black r26 was certainly motoring all day, the white evo 10 and nissan gtr were also flying about all afternoon! was good to watch them sliding around the chicane before druids!
The Evo had just come back from a remap, but the GTR was epic. They actually sound really good at full chat. The blonde passenger was even nicer!

so what power was the evo running?? and agreed on the GTR, cant wait till my mates arrives, will be blagging a lift at least lol

is your car std engine wise, i noticed you had the airbox that looks like the espace one, although wasnt 100% sure tbh

172 sport
Its just a standard 172 engine,with a decat scopion exhaust,carbon induction kit,spax suspension,tarox disc's and pads,stripped out inside,with a full cage fitted just incase.Could do with a LSD fitting,but its ok for a cheap bit of trackday fun.

1.6 Rotrex High Comp
the red and white hatchback was a new scirocco (spelling?)... was in the garage next to me. 240bhp according to the man with the laptop...