ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

paint advice on blue cup

172 cup
this may or may not confuse ya so here goes.....

when i bought my 172cup off this guy about 8wks ago you could tell he didnt have a clue how to clean a car,before i turned up i reckon he'd done the once over with a dish cloth from the sink.:) no really!!!
the bump strip running down the door on one side looks milky white so i said whats the deal with that mate and he said he,d tried to polish it and couldnt get it out.how can i get the colour back to normal again with what products?????

M2 Competition
wd40 should do the trick (someone correct me if thats wrong)

It goes milky white because the paint on the door strips is matt, rather than glossy. Mind you, sure ive polished mine before?

M135i
not sure how off colour yours are but they are a sort of matt colour from the factory as they are not laquered. you got any pics? when mine look a bit shabby, a quick polish and wax soon brings them back up to how they are meant to be.

172 cup
ha ha you nutter im pi**ing myself son lol..na got no pics yet its not really bad but is lighter than drivers side

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I do valeting as well as its part of my job and i've never heard of using peanut butter on Cup door trims!
But hey, everyone has tricks...

I have this bumper dressing simply known as 'Lemon Gel'. Smells like lemon curd, looks like lemon curd but brings up the door trims a treat.
I've also just got some Autoglym bumper dressing off our Autoglym rep so i'll be giving that a whirl tomo!

106 GTi
Autoglym Bumper Care Gel from good old Halfrauds will see you ok.

Last edited:
  172 cup
yes i,d seen the autoglym in there but was worried incase i'd make things worse but cheers for the advice i will try it out

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
get them painted like mine ;)

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00451.jpg