ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Painted Engine Bay... engine cover on Cup shocker!

EP3 Civic Type R
Sorry to be a picture wh*re... just after so long I'm managing to find a bit less time to work and a bit more time to enjoy the cup. I feel worse that Paul with his 2 day wash updates!

Here is todays progress

I sprayed up my engine bay and painted the lettering. The plenum etc is graphite grey, the cover is broom yellow and the writing is obviously yellow and silver. I also put on my wheel diamonds that I started the other day. Really chuffed with how it's come out and I promise not to make any more attention seeking threads for a while! :)

IMG_0946COPY.jpg

IMG_0956.jpg

IMG_0959COPY.jpg

Last edited:
  EP3 Civic Type R
I think the letters need to be all or nothing..

oh and an engine cover on a cup? tut tut tut!

You don't even own a Clio... therefore I vote- BAN!

It doesn't look right in the pics, but the lettering works, trust me, women know this!

LY 182
you are quite arty on the sly,,,, lol very nice best cup on here by a mile

you need yellow samco's like i've just put on b16doe's

EP3 Civic Type R
yup yellow samcos should be next on your list good work there keep it up

Ditz.... I used to do alot of arts and graphics before I found a boring career lol! :)

Piccies of the Samcos if poss matey?

Monaco RS Clio 172
out of curiousity.. how did you colour the plenum / metal work?

did you just mask everything up, and spray being very careful?

I want to do mine but not sure on painting it with a brush as it may become very tacky to look at. is spray recommended for this or did you even remove the whole thing?

I was interested in polishing mine but no idea how to do it / what to use / who to get to do it so.. probs be paint tbh

LY 182
there ya go,,, drive it down to essex i'll even fit them for you

now theres a tempting offer lol

EP3 Civic Type R

I want to do mine but not sure on painting it with a brush as it may become very tacky to look at. is spray recommended for this or did you even remove the whole thing?

I was interested in polishing mine but no idea how to do it / what to use / who to get to do it so.. probs be paint tbh

Samcos do look awesome lads... nice job! Essex, Ditz... I live in Preston LOL!

Ben, I unplugged/removed what I could, masked everything up and painted the plenum on the car... masking was the key though, it took ages, but when it was all done everything was fine and there was no overspray.

I just used normal spray paint, prepped and primered well. I've always used normal paint on the engine and never had a problem with the heat etc. If I'd of had the time, I would have removed the whole thing for a proper job, but if you're prepared to mask VERY well, then it's not a big problem.

Samcos do look awesome lads... nice job! Essex, Ditz... I live in Preston LOL!

Ben, I unplugged/removed what I could, masked everything up and painted the plenum on the car... masking was the key though, it took ages, but when it was all done everything was fine and there was no overspray.

I just used normal spray paint, prepped and primered well. I've always used normal paint on the engine and never had a problem with the heat etc. If I'd of had the time, I would have removed the whole thing for a proper job, but if you're prepared to mask VERY well, then it's not a big problem.

skills TBH:D

EP3 Civic Type R
Ahhh, I liked it how it was. It's not the best in the club now :dapprove:

LOL

The engine bay was already painted... just crap! It CAN'T be any worse?! The wheels are being painted too so you'll HATE it soon. Sorry- I have (tasteful) plans for it... but u won't like it as I know you're a standard man at heart :(

Before

IMG_0809-1.jpg

After

IMG_0946COPY.jpg

You have done a very good job painting it up etc, it's not my thing though.

I liked it best in your coilover thread, sorry.

EP3 Civic Type R

lol the only thing thats changed is the colour of the engine to be less mis-matched! But I appreciate your honesty and opinion, as you know :)

Astra van,Mk1 nova
please dont paint you wheels dark colour, it will actually start looking like mine :dapprove:

i agree with the lettering has to be all or nothing

How long did it take for you to mask up everything as it take 15 - 20 minutes to take of the inlet.

lol the only thing thats changed is the colour of the engine to be less mis-matched! But I appreciate your honesty and opinion, as you know :)
Get the cover off & get a polished up plenum & stuff on it, sorted & it'll look better ;)

EP3 Civic Type R
please dont paint you wheels dark colour, it will actually start looking like mine :dapprove:

How long did it take for you to mask up everything as it take 15 - 20 minutes to take of the inlet.

Lol my wheels are going dark-ish, but definetly not as dark as yours... I doubt our paths will ever cross... you live fookin miles away! I have a few other plans too- it's far from finished tbh.

It took about 15mins, I'm just confident in masking and too lazy to get the socket set out lol!

Astra van,Mk1 nova

Lol my wheels are going dark-ish, but definetly not as dark as yours... I doubt our paths will ever cross... you live fookin miles away! I have a few other plans too- it's far from finished tbh.

It took about 15mins, I'm just confident in masking and too lazy to get the socket set out lol!

Ahh poop! wouldnt be so bad but you know how hard it is trying to do anything different to cup:D , dont worry your cup can be my cups twin, dark wheels, same bullets with yellow writing,yellow renault dimonds dark inlet ;)

EP3 Civic Type R
Ahh poop! wouldnt be so bad but you know how hard it is trying to do anything different to cup:D , dont worry your cup can be my cups twin, dark wheels, same bullets with yellow writing,yellow renault dimonds dark inlet ;)

lol I never realised how similar they were tbh, as I'm the same as you- will try and keep it subtle, whilst still being different- but its hard eh! Like I said, they'll end up differerent somwhere along the line. I do LOVE your Cup though mate

alien green rs133
xenons??

Yeah and then I'll wack a leather couch in and some air con, for these, oh so hot, northern England summers. Behave love!

i had standard headlights, that had halfords bright h7's in, i then replaced headlights for xenons and they arn't any brighter:dapprove: look the nuts though :D

hutchie

ps i stuffed up the quote'in thing lol

Astra van,Mk1 nova

lol I never realised how similar they were tbh, as I'm the same as you- will try and keep it subtle, by being different- but its hard eh! Like I said, they'll end up differerent somwhere along the line. I do LOVE your Cup though mate

very true :D looking foward to seeing the progress, keep it up!

alien green rs133

does that time include waiting for the kettle to boil first for a cuppa, it never takes that long 10mins max

EP3 Civic Type R
lol I never realised how similar they were tbh, as I'm the same as you- will try and keep it subtle, by being different- but its hard eh! Like I said, they'll end up differerent somwhere along the line. I do LOVE your Cup though mate

Hutchie... king of inlet removal, rubbish at quoting LOL!

Ecka, just had a quick look at yours, forgot how dark the wheels were... they will definately be different matey :)

alien green rs133

Hutchie... king of inlet removal, rubbish at quoting LOL!

Ecka, just had a quick look at yours, forgot how dark the wheels were... they will definately be different matey :)

i managed to quote i think :D

and yeah you get used to doing anything on a clio quickly in a renault garage, thats aslong as its not monday morning:sleepy: :rasp:

hutchie

Astra van,Mk1 nova

does that time include waiting for the kettle to boil first for a cuppa, it never takes that long 10mins max

had to take of my strut brace first:rasp: