ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pink rally car replacement.....it lives...!

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Finally engine and gearbox running in... :)

Tidy loom connector, swap out fluids and all set for first event.

Taster... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-rTrRYKQKY

245bhp
6 speed Sadev sequential
Ap brakes
Reiger suspension

0 miles

Clio2.jpg

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
I'm sure Steve will be along soon to tell you all more but off the top if my head the engine is out of his pink mk1 rally car (f7 I think) hats off to you Steve I'm hoping to see you put this car to good use :D

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Yes correct its the F7 engine from the Pink car, was excellent in that car and we have fully rebuilt it with a few extra mods and a new Jenvey ITB set up with 100mm extra induction length. Its now got 180lbs (peaks at 189lbs) from 4500 to 7000 now where it used to be a bit more peaky before hand.

Regards spec a dare not list it out as it cost well over 20k thats for sure......Ask Ian Godney as his is very similar spec and it maybe 30k........ :-(

Car has took 12month to build really and everything is new or fully rebuilt, its like brand new even underneath.! Wont be on track as its a rallycar and only geared for 120mph tops at 8k. It really pops and bangs on overrun its like antilag, quite a bit of overlap.!!

Clio3.jpgClio4.jpgClio5.jpgClio6.jpgClio7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
First event in car footage, lens a bit blurred with a smudge. First event in 18 months and lhd so some learning to do but car is good but suspension a bit soft at the rear, brakes are mentally good though, breaking early everywhere!

We're upto 6th o/a but car cut out like it ran out of fuel and we retired. Think the timing belt has jumped a tooth, all compressions 130 (normally 215) and black plugs. It does start but only on wide open throttle and just ticks over on WOT too. Oh well we will see.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Up9jP39UpZI

Clio172cup rally car
Looking good there Steve! Are those cup racer ratios in the gearbox? Sounds really short!

How did you find harlech stages? I fancied doing it but just couldn't afford to do it with dale stages coming up in a few weeks :)

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
(Incar video updates) Pink rally car replacement.....it lives...!

More to come...

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Looking good there Steve! Are those cup racer ratios in the gearbox? Sounds really short!

How did you find harlech stages? I fancied doing it but just couldn't afford to do it with dale stages coming up in a few weeks :)

It's got a shorter final drive so 118 max in 6th. Event ok for a first test not much to hit, very open and very fast. The organisers were very slow sorting the stages but may have been lack of marshals.

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
My son was doing this event in his 205 and said your car was flying , hopefully its an easy ( cheap ) fix for you , what do you have planned next ? Mini Epynt ??