ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

PlastiDip UK?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I saw a vid on youtube where a guy did his wheels and just oversprayed onto the tyres,
then scored around it with a blunt knife or similar and just peeled off the overspray.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Dave you definitely have been researching this aha!
LOL, unfortunately I have to wait a couple of weeks untill I can afford new tyres all round before I do mine,
otherwise we'd have my freshly sprayed wheels to look at.

BG 182
If you don't/can't remove your tyre, deflate it and put cards between the tyre wall and rim wall. It works a treat! Pokemon cards are recommended!

Will be spraying mine on Saturday! Got 2 cans of black waiting!

Golf GTD Mk7
If you don't/can't remove your tyre, deflate it and put cards between the tyre wall and rim wall. It works a treat! Pokemon cards are recommended!

Will be spraying mine on Saturday! Got 2 cans of black waiting!

Is it gloss black? Or the wierd shade on the wheel pic on the last page?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
be perfect for selling a car with 'mint' alloys, would save on a £200 refurb

Once its driven off its too late when they start peeling three weeks later ;)

BG 182
Cleaning my wheels now in prep for tomorow. I don't know if it's gloss or matt black to be honest. Think it's going to be matt. Will need lacquer on top if I want to add a shine? Wonder if lacquer would work ok on it?

2014 Clio 200t edc
Looking forward to seeing your pics, as I may be able to do this myself!! Thinking either black or grey.

White APE
How would this stuff hold up when it comes to cleaning the wheels? Would any cleaners and agitation from brushes causes it to tear/rip?

Vivaro van
2 cans of white for me, gonna do wheels and mayb miror caps for santa pod weekend, hope it comes out ok lol

BG 182
Just to let you guys know, this looks like a one can per wheel jobby! Don't know how people have done it with less with a good coverage...

Alan1.2

ClioSport Club Member
  clio dynamique
Just about to post the same iv managed 2 cans on mine but id buy 3 to get a proper good job if i was to do it again.

BG 182
Yeah, think I need another. It doesn't fill in scratch holes very well though! I sanded my wheels all over first to get good adhesion without using their primer. It doesn't seem to rub or scratch off after one coat, but coarse sandpaper removes it.

Its a matt finish and I'm tempted to use the plastidip as a baselayer, then spray filler primer on top. Then a gloss black and lacquer like normal.

If you want to peel it off, it seems like you have to do a fair few layers. If you do one or two layers, your more than likely going to have to sand it off, hence me thinking of using it instead of an etch primer.

BG 182
Just a couple here, only one coat on the face of the alloy. Gives a textured rubber kind of feel, which is different.

wheels009-1.jpg

wheels010-1.jpg

wheels011-1.jpg

2014 Clio 200t edc
They look really good!!! Depending on how long it lasts, might give it a go. Looks foolproof... Lol

BG 182
Its even easier to spray than normal spray paint. Its thicker and you need to apply it a little thicker and doesnt run as easily either. Really is worth a go guys, seems like good stuff. Although i dont know if its ideal for wheels... Ive decided to just use it as a basecoat.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'm sorry but even in pictures you see that the finish on that is as rough as a badgers ring piece.

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Quick update with my progress so far...

Two wheels done today, last two to be done tomorrow if all goes to plan.

They were never going to be perfect but for the price I can't grumble, they look a damn sight better than before as all the paint was chipped and peeling!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311791804.938107.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311791804.938107.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 178
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311791826.055724.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311791826.055724.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 219
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311791849.643299.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311791849.643299.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 268
  GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Quick update with my progress so far...

Two wheels done today, last two to be done tomorrow if all goes to plan.

They were never going to be perfect but for the price I can't grumble, they look a damn sight better than before as all the paint was chipped and peeling!

Looks decent mate :)

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
They look really good, I like the contrast between the textured matte black and the gloss orange.

Is the orange Plastidip with the clear coat, or it is normal paint?

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
They look really good, I like the contrast between the textured matte black and the gloss orange.

Is the orange Plastidip with the clear coat, or it is normal paint?

Cheers, I think they've come out alright tbh. The orange is real paint, sprayshack on here did them for me. The plastidip is just matte, haven't decided whether to lacquer yet but think the matte looks a bit more aggressive tbh...

Here's a couple more, crappy iPhone pics with my makeshift spray shelter lol

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311798963.255927.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311798963.255927.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 183
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311798994.256105.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311798994.256105.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 203
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311799021.811284.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311799021.811284.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 168
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311799046.457235.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311799046.457235.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 207
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311799086.157614.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311799086.157614.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 190
  Dynamique S TCE
I really like how those look, Im guessing you did the centre cap in PlastiDip too? (Excluding the Diamond ofcourse)