ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project #56; Clio Trophy

£230 for a pair fitted from blackcircles with a discount code too. I have that if anyone needs it. Worked out £3 more expensive than buying them from camskill and finding somewhere to fit them. Wasn't worth the hassle of finding somewhere though.

PE2's are better than PS3's from what I've read mate, much cheaper in 15inch too.

I'm not either Jamie! I had to wait over a week for a sticker because Nik lives in Lanzarote!

I was thinking about getting black, but I though red/pink suited the car better. However I did realise that I'll be taking it off next month to put a new tax disc in, so I've got to find some new 3m double sided sticky glue bits.

Cheers!

Just spoke to Fred at BTM, My first set of ARB bushes are down as 'Delivered' however I obviously don't have them. Royal Mail, robbing b******s (Jonff). So another set has been sent out for me.

Cheers!

Just spoke to Fred at BTM, My first set of ARB bushes are down as 'Delivered' however I obviously don't have them. Royal Mail, robbing b*****ds (Jonff). So another set has been sent out for me.

Looks like Sale is a difficult place to deliver on time to!

Bad times mate, hope they turn up soon!

FINALLY!

photo%20(6).jpg

I'm off to Birchdown next Thursday to get these fitted as I've heard they are a PITA.

I bought via cliotrophy, as you can imagine Nik doesn't have one for each of us. He just puts the order in when he gets it and says when number to put on it and where to send it. No idea what company they use though, sorry.

I've just seen my hosting has ended as I didn't renew in January. I'll be in the process of finding a new hosting co to go with, until then, no pictures :(

Another little update, I went to get a puncture repaired and my tracking done yesterday. Only to find out that the puncture wasn't repairable and I had some pretty bad tyre wear on the inside of the passenger tyre. So.... I got another two Michelin PS3's for the front, which now means I have them all round!

I also picked up an engine cover from Neil, so I'm going to have a think about what I want to do with this colour wise and throw it on for a bit.

IMG_1122.jpg

Also had James make me two RECARO stickers for the trendlines, however I later found out that only 1 would fit. Due to the plaque on the drivers seat the sticker wont fit. Sooooo, I'm undecided on what to do with them.

IMG_1121.jpg

I've been waiting to do a detail for a while, so I had picked up some G4 and G5 as I thought I would be better at low speeds, which is where I would rather have it. Also got some Eurow towels too from Shinearama, The G5 is brilliant, beads from 40mph and makes the glass very smooth!

IMG_1137.jpg

I also ordered a smaller front plate during the week as I was ordering some for my sister too. Heres a comparison between the 3 (Top is the size in the CS Guide, Middle is my custom 95mm one, bottom is standard size.
IMG_1149.jpg

Also got some bolts for my engine cover:
IMG_1152.jpg

Cleaned the engine cover and inlets up and put it on:
Before:
IMG_1154.jpg

After:
IMG_1155.jpg

Looks good IMO, well worth the £5 I paid ;)

Finally ordered myself some locking wheel bolts too, as I had been meaning to get some for ages!
IMG_1158.jpg

Trophy #56 finally ticked over 100k last night too so I gave it a treat today by giving it a little detail.
IMG_1146.jpg

Don't want to bore you but here are the stages I took;
  • Rinsed & Wash via 2BM and Zaino Shampoo
  • Iron X'd
  • Tardis'd
  • Washed via 2BM again
  • Clayed with Bilt Hamber
  • Rinsed and Dried
  • Prima Amigo applied by hand
  • Coat of Zymol Carbon
  • Wheels sealed with FK 1000p
  • Tyres Dressed with Megs Endurance

Here are the Finishing Photos:
SDC18681.jpg

SDC18684.jpg

SDC18698.jpg

SDC18701.jpg

SDC18706.jpg

SDC18710.jpg

SDC18718.jpg

As we said last night, the 95mm one looks easily the best, really not a fan of the one in the CS guide.
Yeah, its back on now.

Looks great!! Although you really do need some Sportlines lol ...
Aye, I've been thinking about them more and more recently. Just needs a little bit of a drop to make it a bit more appealing.

as said yours in on par arch gap wise to a frp :p only messing though fellas lovely cars

Haha, very true. Although I've kind of grown attached to the arch gap and the jokes that go with it!

Another "road tax is expensive but there are loads of potholes" comment.

VED hasnt got a single thing to do with the standards or quality of the roads.

Glad to hear the car passed its MOT Jon :)

road tax is an utter shambles considering the state of the f**king roads!!!

They're horrendous around here as well. Trophy hates them!

^ Technically, it's not Road Tax so has nothing to do with maintenance of the roads Iirc ;)

Jon, I'm jealous.

Not sure why you'd be jealous, you own a yellow car. Oh wait.... ;)

Another "road tax is expensive but there are loads of potholes" comment.

VED hasnt got a single thing to do with the standards or quality of the roads.

Glad to hear the car passed its MOT Jon :)

Cheers mate.

Few daft advisory's but nothing to worry about.

Just swapped over my old grill, which had been cracked. For one that I've 'borrowed' off Ed (TheKid).

Cleaned with G101 then sealed with C4. Top one is the 'new' one:
IMG_1177.jpg

Fitted:
IMG_1178.jpg

I also noticed that while at Renault today, they fitted two plugs to hold the grill in place. As I had broke mine, very good of them!

Last month I actually bought a set of Pure Motorsport Sold Top Mounts. I had bought these because I wanted to removed the 'strut top knocking'. Unfortunately they made it worse, so my suspicion is that there is an underlying problem else where. These were removed after a day as I didn't see the point in keeping them as I honestly wasn't fussed by them.

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1214.jpg

IMG_1216.jpg

IMG_1218.jpg

I also bought a variable wiper stalk from someone off here as mine doesn't have it. However I got it fitted and none of the settings worked properly, so I got a refund on it and binned it. I'll get another one at a later date.

Couple more snaps from Friday night in Manchester.

6bab2ad3.jpg

SDC18738.jpg

There's a black cliosport.net one above the white one. The white one is Northwest | Automotive, a closed FB group that a few people from CS are on and quite a few other people from around manchester that are generally into cars and meet up regularly.

SDC18750.jpg

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Love this trophy jon, are you sure the knocking isnt the shockers or a broken spring?

Love this trophy jon, are you sure the knocking isnt the shockers or a broken spring?

Cheers mate, Pretty sure its not them as they've been rebuild twice in the past twelve months. I've had the springs off more times than I care to remember, so I'm positive its not those.

On the bright side, I've bought a brand spanking new genuine Renault Steering rack for it. So I'll get that fitted in the near future, as I've been advised by Birchdown twice now that it could do with changing.

On another note, I'm currently sorting out hosting so I won't have time to sort my photo's out until weekend probably.