ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Log - Ph1 Flame Red 172

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I wish I had a garage at home koi, not the best part of a mile away with no leccy!

Gifting me them Gaz? Fancy Pole Positions but not gonna happen this year

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Been a wee while since I've been able to go down and potter so nipped down today and got the track rod ends on

DSCF0545Medium.jpg

jump started it cos I think I left the interior light on

DSCF0546Medium.jpg

rolled it out and refitted the mirrors. Which are now the only clean bit of the car :(

DSCF0548Medium.jpg

DSCF0547Medium.jpg

and took a quick, shitty wee video of the exhaust note, having left my tripod at home I used an axle stand so excuse the funky angle!

Last edited by a moderator:
  Rb 182
Good progress dude. The mirrors have come up great, and all the black painted stiff looks fresh.

I give your efforts a 7 out of 10.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Lambda changed over today, so much easier than on a 172 manifold. Also some old valver wheels chucked on the back so I can give all 4 wheels a damn good clean! Cheers dor the help Dave x

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Shite progress is shite.

Rear discs and throttle cable ordered from Tom@Wests and 1 HID ballast nicked off it for the coupe.

Now really wanting it back on the road before April but not sure if it would make any sense to when the coupe is taxed till then, I just dont think it sitting there doing nothing is good for it.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Well after it being in a damp garage for the last few months the inevitable started to happen- mould! :( So decided to bring it home :) At least now I can air it more often and also run it more often. Its been a ludicrously mild winter here too so not too worried about it sitting outside in the elements.

So I put on some random wheels I had knocking about and used my latest barge to bring it up

12c99d18.jpg

First thing I did was hoover the inside but having used all my AG interior shampoo on the SAAB that was all I could do, will be getting more in the coming days, next thing was a long awaited wash, its amazing how filthy it got sat still in a garage! And since Dave was up we even washed the chav (for the 1st time with anything more than just a pressure washer!)

So a couple of quick phone pics

5714e52e.jpg

101cb6e1.jpg

3cadff01.jpg

dbfc900e.jpg

7d93e261.jpg

And as you may or may not have spotted I've changed the rears to the ph1 lenses but with ph2 bulbholders and also put on a new number plate light. Unfortunately the connector is goosed so will be getting a new one or doing something different to get round the constant problem of it!

Cheers
John

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Aye? Dunno why then, we must just be lucky!

Yup, actual wheel whores ;) Was half tempted to take one of my meg coupe so I could have 4 different ones on the flamer! Like ph-reebones CMYK from a few years ago but with a twist!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Flamer will get retaxed the day the coupes runs out so the 1st of April but will never ever be finished I fear!
Chav is an ongoing concern too and a proper budget build so another slow burner.

Saab is the main priority just now as that is basically gonna be used to pay for my timing belt!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Feeling a bit s**t today but was going stir crazy in the house so popped out just to start the car up and open the windows. Popped the bonnet and was greeted with a bit of a mess

f72db2ba.jpg

8ec830f7.jpg

15c2a01a.jpg

Had been planning on tidying this up a bit anyway and since it didnt involve much elbow grease or movement I thought I'd just potter about with it.

Started with the scuttle panel

cc8713ec.jpg

You can see what products I used! Really wanted to take the scuttle off so that I could paint it but the wipers were on silidly and I couldn't go and get any pullers for them so had decided just to use AG bumper care instead. Also swapped the pollen filter over, old one wasnt too bad tbh but figured I may as well.

After a wee while

803923e6.jpg

Not bad imo.

As you can see above the sound deadening had seen better days so I decided it was time for this to go as well and give the underside a quick going over, will do it properly at some point.

a669b502.jpg

Then refitted my ITG panel filter after cleaning and reoiling it months ago! And then went over the plastics with fast glass then bumper care.

17551816.jpg

I have plans for the metal work so just ignored that altogether today!

And overall left it like this

2cfb12f8.jpg

Cheers
John

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Where u going to get the belts done? Mine r due in your old one this year as well :(

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Not 100% sure yet, if money is tight then probably someone up here, if I happen to have enough for cams and
mapping then I'll be going south. You?

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
I'd use swr in Stirling. However I'm toying with cams at the same time so would use rs tuning in Leeds so it could get mapped as well

225 Cup & Williams
Aye about 3 months ago. Reno car care they are called. Neil and tippy are top guys ex Renault sighthill techs. Only downside is they are a bit out of the way through in Tranent.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
looking tidy babes <3 i have sandblasted engine mount/fuel rail guard here that i will swap for yours if you want to spray them up good Possibly upper inlets too ;)

As for belts, I picked mine up today, Got SWR to do it. And altho ive not driven it yet, There attitude is very possitive and would reccomend them! guy stayed late for me to go get it tonight aswell! :)